• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Albemuth on March 26, 2015, 12:10:24 PM
Art,
wondering if the guy from Texas that allegedly/supposedly shot the Bigfoot creature in the thicket (along with it’s charging mate, I think) ever did mail you the map to the location where the corpses were? (I thought he indicated he was going to do that. I could be mis-remembering this though.) Thanks in advance.

I think I remember this also.  It probably led to Mel's Hole.

coaster

You don't send a map to someone when you are making the story up as you go.

laserjock

Art, I just had a brilliant idea:  How about's having JC host a weekend show, it could be called nightmare in the desert...  How come we don't hear from JC here?

VegasI15

JC is locked up in FORT KNOX. OR I THINK PERHAPS JC IS FORT KNOX. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: laserjock on March 26, 2015, 12:38:57 PM
How come we don't hear from JC here?
We are a portal to boiling pits of sewage.

aldousburbank

Quote from: LadyFish on March 26, 2015, 11:50:47 AM
The iconic KOMA towers came down last night. In recent years two nearby EF5 tornados couldn't take them down. They were done in by a weaker, likely EF2, tornado. Two towers completely down & the third tower broken in half, with the top half dangling.
As a young Mexican child in Southern Arizona, I used to listen to the hits on KOMA in the nighttime AM band DX. In Oklahoma, not Arizona, what does it matter?

popple

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 25, 2015, 11:35:35 PM

If only there was an 11 foot piece of corn, or a big enough slice of bread I'm all fore it. Knives are dangerous... and we sure don't want the terrorist to get their hands on our butter knives.
I'm hosting a dinner party with very important people in attendance and I must adorn the top of my pizza roll casserole with an 11 foot flavoured butter ribbon. Anything short of 11 feet will be a disaster.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: popple on March 26, 2015, 01:33:12 PM
I'm hosting a dinner party with very important people in attendance and I must adorn the top of my pizza roll casserole with an 11 foot flavoured butter ribbon. Anything short of 11 feet will be a disaster.

I lurched while reading that.

Art Bell

Wow, what a loss KOMA in OKC had one of the best signals in the U.S. I have listened to it many many times here. It is heard on a fairly regular basis in Hawaii. They were a rockin top 40 station in the day and still did oldies, BIG LOSS. I hope they will be allowed to rebuild in view of the protected Oklahoma rock Turtle or whatever.

Art

chinaclipper

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 26, 2015, 01:14:49 PM
As a young Mexican child in Southern Arizona, I used to listen to the hits on KOMA in the nighttime AM band DX. In Oklahoma, not Arizona, what does it matter?

well I really don't remember

Marc.Knight

Don't forget your Pizza Punch.

[attachimg=1]

Art Bell

Quote from: Marc.Knight on March 26, 2015, 12:11:56 PM
I think I remember this also.  It probably led to Mel's Hole.

Yes he did but I finally lost it in a move to the Philippines.

Art

Pale Horse

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 26, 2015, 01:09:04 PM
We are a portal to boiling pits of sewage.

And molten pools of steel in the basement.

DesertFox

Hey Art,

What do you like most about Pahrump?  To me, something feels right in the world when Art Bell resides in Pahrump.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 26, 2015, 02:30:00 PM
Yes he did but I finally lost it in a move to the Philippines.

Art

The men in black probably took it as it went through shipping.

Pale Horse

Quote from: lonevoice on March 25, 2015, 10:48:21 PM
It's official.  We have crossed the Rubicon.  Art Bell, X-Files, and Twin Peaks are all returning to the air.  And now Art Bell's is the first post welcoming a newcomer to Bellgab.   If this is a dream, I don't wanna wake up.

Verily, a curtain veiling the truth has been lifted. Or Sumthin.

FortRock

NOTE FROM THE SCORPION ARMY:
REMEMBER THIS SHOW ARMY?

Quote from: FortRock on March 26, 2015, 03:04:21 PM
NOTE FROM THE SCORPION ARMY:
REMEMBER THIS SHOW ARMY?

After 4 years FortRock finally learned how to post images. Sumthins going on.

Quote from: jazmunda on March 25, 2015, 10:07:46 PM
When I was a kid I was promised flying cars dagnabbit!!!11

Hoverboards at the very least. Or a robot butler.

Tony Hawk Rides World's First Real Hoverboard - Hendo Hover

sorefinger

Can anyone recall the name of the guest who appeared on air with Mr Bell, somewhere around 2000, 2001, espousing the benefits of a raw-food diet (he actually ate raw liver), who also claimed he consulted and tutored family members of Middle East royalty (maybe Jordan)?

Morgus

Quote from: sorefinger on March 26, 2015, 03:21:07 PM
Can anyone recall the name of the guest who appeared on air with Mr Bell, somewhere around 2000, 2001, espousing the benefits of a raw-food diet (he actually ate raw liver), who also claimed he consulted and tutored family members of Middle East royalty (maybe Jordan)?
Do you mean a frequent guest in the 1990s, Wayne Green?
He passed away last year I believe in his 90s.

sorefinger

Quote from: Morgus on March 26, 2015, 03:29:01 PM
Do you mean a frequent guest in the 1990s, Wayne Green?
He passed away last year I believe in his 90s.

I only heard him one time, so I don't know if the person I remember was a frequent guest or not.

Art Bell

Groan, Lawyers. You talk about a issue, so then the Lawyers get it and make new issues, what a pain in the butt. Now it will drag into next Week.

Art

Heather Wade

It's all about the curlies.  I'd hate for you to embarrass yourself by not having butter ribbon curlies on your casserole.  Your reputation is on the line, after all.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on March 26, 2015, 04:14:01 PM
Groan, Lawyers. You talk about a issue, so then the Lawyers get it and make new issues, what a pain in the butt. Now it will drag into next Week.

Art

It translates into another week of anticipation for us.  Don't let it harsh your buzz, Art.

MV/Liberace!

Art

as long as the contract properly represents your interests, that's all that matters.  another week or another month... i think everybody just wants to see you sign a deal you're going to be happy with, regardless of how long it takes to dot another "i" or cross another "t". 

however, if this stretches along for more than one additional week, i'll be forced to contact the better business bureau.

morgana213

Art
Planning is the most important part of any project. it helps to curtail shenanigans later. the day will come when you will announce details.

holding tight 'till then!!

Lawyers!
--------------------
"
THREE TYPE THEORY

Type Number One:
This  type lets you know from the outset, either,
through his words or actions, or both-that he's out
to get  all  of your chips. He then follows through by
attempting to do just that.

Type Number Two:
This type  assures you that 'he's not interested in
getting your chips, and he usually infers that he
wants to see you get everything "that's coming to
you." He then follows through, just like Type
Number One, and attempts to grab  all of  your chips
anyway_

Type Number  Three:
This type also assures you that he's not interested
in getting any of your chips, but, unlike Type
Number Two, he sincerely means it. That, however,
is where the difference ends; due to any one of a
number of reasons-ranging from his own bungling
to his personal standards for rationalizing what's
right and wrong-he, like Types Number One and
Two, still ends up trying to grab your chips.
In summation, I realized that no matter how a
guy came on, he would,  in  the final analysis, attempt
to grab all of my chips (again with the one
exception that I pointed out) ."
----------

From Winning Through Intimidation by Robert Ringer, 1973

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on March 26, 2015, 04:22:13 PM
regardless of how long it takes to dot another "i" or cross another "t". 

In the computer age I fail to see how this is still a problem.