• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

albrecht

That COULD, if he shaved his meager beard, the guy I saw yesterday and tentatively id'ed as RCH! Wow.

chefist

LOLZ..."These sonic frequencies from a vacuum tube...". Perfect entrance to OSOM. lolz

Morgus

I think the title of the book by Whitley Strieber about Roswell that Hoagie was trying to remember was called "Majestic"

astroguy

Quote from: Morgus on September 03, 2017, 01:04:22 AM
Hoagie's show tomorrow night might be better:

Carmen is crazy. I remember listening to her years ago on C2C with my ex (no, not a reason they're my ex now).  At one point, Carmon claimed the ancient Egyptians fully understood string theory.  That was when I was made to turn off the audio.

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on September 03, 2017, 01:16:00 AM
Carmen is crazy. I remember listening to her years ago on C2C with my ex (no, not a reason they're my ex now).  At one point, Carmon claimed the ancient Egyptians fully understood string theory.  That was when I was made to turn off the audio.

Her pyramid code series is on netflix. It was interesting. Never no what to trust when it comes to ancient archeologists.

http://pyramidcode.com

GravitySucks

For about $4k you can tour Egypt in style for two weeks with Dr Carmen as your guide.

If I had the $ I would rather go with someone like her that has obviously spent loads of time there.

K_Dubb

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 03, 2017, 09:35:01 PM
For about $4k you can tour Egypt in style for two weeks with Dr Carmen as your guide.

If I had the $ I would rather go with someone like her that has obviously spent loads of time there.

I agree.  I've watched some of her videos and seen stuff nobody else shows.  I remember some half-finished pyramid where the burial chamber was open to the sky I'd never seen anywhere else.  I wouldn't mind the woo.

astroguy

Richard Hoagland just accused other people of making things up to fit their own pre-conceived ideas.  That is all.

Morgus

Carmen mentioned Zahi Hawass thinks he is the reincarnation of the ancient Egyptian pharaoh Khufu (Cheops)

Morgus

GravitySucks

Quote from: Morgus on September 03, 2017, 11:01:49 PM
Hoagie plays Steve Martin's King Tut as bumper music... :D

Earlier he played The Bangles' Walk Like an Egyption and asked the guest if their was video of her dancing to that tune. I think I heard a subdued "yes".

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: akwilly on September 04, 2017, 12:23:36 AM
Hoagy, Get To The Model!!!!

He's waiting for just the right moment to interrupt his guest with it.  ;)

Nobody

Quote from: astroguy on September 03, 2017, 10:40:05 PM
Richard Hoagland just accused other people of making things up to fit their own pre-conceived ideas.  That is all.

I seem to have developed an odd facial tic that manifests itself only when I hear Hoagland use the word "science." 

(Think Chief Inspector Dreyfus' reaction whenever Clouseau's name was mentioned.)

Has anyone else become afflicted what I am going to christen "Hoagland Syndrome"?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nobody on September 04, 2017, 12:45:15 AM
I seem to have developed an odd facial tic that manifests itself only when I hear Hoagland use the word "science." 

My brain has come to automatically translate that to sciencey in order to avoid that pain.  ;)

astroguy

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 04, 2017, 01:01:45 AM
My brain has come to automatically translate that to sciencey in order to avoid that pain.  ;)
Is that like "chocolatey" for things that don't have real chocolate in them, or "Froot loops" because there's no fruit in them (and they get to have the googley eyes for the "OO" in two words)?

Nobody

Quote from: Morgus on September 03, 2017, 11:01:49 PM
Hoagie plays Steve Martin's King Tut as bumper music... :D

If you believe in giving credit where credit is due, then Tom Barna (the WBCQ engineer for the show we heard from all-too-briefly last week) deserves the credit for the bumper music; he is the one who both selects and plays it.

You can find Mr. Barna's email address here:

http://www.wbcq.com/?page_id=2

...if you'd care to send him a thank you note.

(Engineers often go unacknowledged for their work, which is why I mention it.)  :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: astroguy on September 04, 2017, 01:04:37 AM
Is that like "chocolatey" for things that don't have real chocolate in them, or "Froot loops" because there's no fruit in them (and they get to have the googley eyes for the "OO" in two words)?

Right. There's some science or science-like things in every box. It's mostly sugar but we still have fun consuming it.  ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: lonevoice on June 24, 2015, 10:59:44 PM
It's one of the most intriguing questions of the moment.  It has to be someone who believes there will be a crossover audience from Art Bell listeners, someone well-known enough to ask $5 for a subscription, and someone Art feels is compatible with his programming.  Guesses have included John B Wells, Phil Hendrie, Richard C Hoagland, and Whitley Streiber.  Other possibilities might include Ian Punnett or George Knapp (if his contract with Premrat is expiring). 

Or, it could be something completely different, like a talent show competition.  Call it "Who Wants to be a Radio Star?"  It could have a different contestant/podcaster every night, with the listeners voting for their favorites, double-elimination format, with the final winner getting to be Art's fill-in host for a year.  That would be fun.

Where has this vixen of the airwaves been hiding hereself. Really could use some of he wit, the The camper and a few days of good laughs!!!!  Motor over red rover! We have sone science lessons to complete.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: astroguy on September 03, 2017, 10:40:05 PM

He was talking about Trump.

trostol

he should have Kirk Cameron on to tell everyone the hurricanes were sent by god

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on September 09, 2017, 08:02:55 PM
he should have Kirk Cameron on to tell everyone the hurricanes were sent by god

It's a theory.  ;)