• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: jazmunda on September 20, 2015, 10:41:37 PM
Actually there was 4 nights in a row that are a must listen to. I remember listening live to those shows. They should definitely be listened to from an historical perspective.
Jazz, is there a list of Art's shows on bellgab to listen to? If so, where...and if not where can it be found?  Poking around on line and you tubes some are cut up and miss labeled. I seem to remember someone was compiling an archive, (you?) someplce. Been trying to find the orig John Titor show (s). Titor did in fact call in and spoke correctly with Art right?
Thx in advance for your help.

Jocko Johnson

So it's Monday in a couple time zones gere in the USA as well as Europe . Anything new, any news from Art, any leaks, reports????

jazmunda

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on September 21, 2015, 01:33:03 AM
Jazz, is there a list of Art's shows on bellgab to listen to? If so, where...and if not where can it be found?  Poking around on line and you tubes some are cut up and miss labeled. I seem to remember someone was compiling an archive, (you?) someplce. Been trying to find the orig John Titor show (s). Titor did in fact call in and spoke correctly with Art right?
Thx in advance for your help.

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,5021.0.html

I think it's an urban legend that Art spoke with Titor. I don't believe this ever occurred and I believe Art has stated this on MITD or someplace else. I think the connection to Art is that the Titor message board postings was on a board associated (if not the official) with Art's show at the time.

jazmunda

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on September 21, 2015, 01:36:47 AM
So it's Monday in a couple time zones gere in the USA as well as Europe . Anything new, any news from Art, any leaks, reports????

It's been Monday here for 18 and 1/2 hours and my lips are sealed.

Wow I can't believe RCH is Art's father!!!!!

BellBoy

Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 02:26:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSWiMoO8zNE

QuoteJeffrey Long, M.D. is a leading near-death experience researcher. Dr. Long is a physician and radiation oncologist, which is the medical use of radiation to treat cancer. He is practicing in Houma, Louisiana. Dr. Long founded the Near Death Experience Research Foundation. Over 10 years of research went into Dr. Long’s study of over 1300 near-death experiences presented in his book Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experiences. This is by far the largest scientific study of near-death experiences ever presented.

Over 4000 NDE’s are currently posted on www.nderf.org, making it by far the largest number of NDE’s ever studied, and by far the largest number of NDE’s publicly accessible in the world. Portions of the www.nderf.org web site have been posted in over 20 different foreign languages. This is leading to increasing awareness that worldwide and across cultural boundaries we all share these types of experiences, and they are similar to a degree that is medically inexplicable.

I am REALLY excited for this one. I have heard Dr. Long numerous times, he is a great interview. If you have ANY interest in NDE, listen.

SredniVashtar

Some days I come on here and feel like Dian Fossey.

I was just catching up with this thread - while the valet was readying my breakfast egg - and couldn't help noticing a few remarks that seemed to hint at a slightly ambivalent reaction towards your humble servant. I am unusually sensitive about these things, they come to me like lightning flashes, and their tendency hinted at a attitude closely resembling scorn and indignation. As I had already come to the conclusion that two-thirds of you ought to be placed under immediate sedation and restraint, I thought little more of it. With the exception of TigerLily's comments, which have now become so sexual and provocative that an email to the BellGab HR department is in readiness, after consultations with my legal team.

No, I read one post that wounded me deeply. In fact, I am now in process of re-evaluating my attitude to Life itself:

Quote from: b_dubb on September 20, 2015, 06:56:25 PM
Have you had enough attention yet? You've been derailing this thread for several days. Maybe start a General Musings of SV and you can do your Ivory Tower bit in there? Some of us come here for the Art Bell.

I am reserved about certain matters pertaining to the heart and its mysteries. However, I don't mind admitting that this is a man I respect. No, admire. No, venerate! OK, I will come out with it, as we are all friends here - I LOVE this man! Your baser natures are obviously unable to plumb the fathomless depths of his wit and intellect. As we are soul mates, if not yet, unfortunately, (give it time) lovers, I think it behooves me to illustrate a few examples of b_dubb's true nature.

You may see the above post as the yammerings of a grumpy old fuck who is jealous of someone ten times smarter and funnier than he is, but I tell you you are WRONG!! He's a truth teller, whose crispness of utterance is only exceeded by his awesome wisdom. I must have got on to the wrong path, and am truly sorry, babe!

Second. All of you arses who think his contributions to the Gabcast were as about as welcome as a chimp with a machine gun merely show how clueless you really are. Can't you idiots understand that it takes many years of practice to hone the act of a drivelling moron? The routine he has developed over the years,where he is unable to finish a simple sentence without forgetting what he was saying and petering out into, "ah, I guess...", is borrowed from Aristophanes. The warm timbre of his voice (which voice agencies refer to as "generic hayseed"), together with the "hapless dick" persona he has so carefully cultivated, is merely one of the reasons he is so in demand across the country, and why I find him so irresistibly sexy.

Finally, we should turn to the literary quality of his posts, which shine with a pithy learning and deathless prose that mere mortals like myself can only dream of:

Quote from: b_dubb on September 17, 2015, 09:48:35 PM
So Art, Jazmunda and MV are all involved in this international diaper cartel? How much money is there in diapers?

[Bangs table and dabs eyes in a fruitless effort to contain his hilarity] Brilliant!

Quote from: b_dubb on September 17, 2015, 08:50:02 PM
I think jazmunda and MV are coordinating an international diaper cartel.

And again! The running diaper gag is yielding untold riches here!

Quote from: b_dubb on September 17, 2015, 02:55:10 AM
Falkie the Filth Machine. The Sissyphus of Domestic Cleaning.

And now an allusion to Homer. This man is the 21st Century's answer to Alexander Pope, so richly allusive is he that it is hard to keep up. I am guessing that the mis-spelling of Sisyphus was also another sign of his multi-layered comic melos.

In summary, this guy is cleverer than the whole lot of you, and I am lucky to consider him a friend and life-partner. Don't you know how hard it is to insert the word "taint" into something? Even Oscar Wilde never pulled it off, though he often tried. Some people I know would see that as Route One, cheap laugh-getting bullshit, but it's only because they are idiots. These lapidary think pieces need the attention and applause they so obviously merit, and I ashamed of the lot of you for this shocking neglect.

Now, go away and leave me to my meditations.

b_dubb

Oh wow SV is acting all superior and shit. Shocking. 

WOW just got the PM about the shocking news. I wonder if Dave Noorie has been tipped off yet to the news.

serenity

Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 02:26:36 AM

Your bad Jazz Love it!  ;D

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Faustina on September 20, 2015, 10:44:19 PM
The 20-somethings listen to podcasts alright, but not ones you have to pay for.  They all want it to be free.

Might be doing myself a disservice by dating myself here, but as a 20-something I can say that Arts show is he only one I currently pay for. I tried buying into The Anthony Cumia Show Network, but after a few weeks of every show being a dud, I went back to torrenting only the exceptional ones.

That being said I'm not sure that listening to talk radio is something that many people my age do. I only have one other friend that I know listens to talk during the day, and maybe only two others that listen to podcasts, free or otherwise. I'm aware that the people I know personally serve as a poor cross section for the market as a whole.

BellBoy

So, who else has been just casually perusing Art's Facebook page today? (My poor F5 key)

Here's a guess: Art is going to 'friend' the first 5,000 Time Travelers on his personal Facebok page. That would, indeed, be shocking for some and would, most certainly, make a lot of others mad...

kennedymaure

Quote from: BellBoy on September 21, 2015, 06:32:47 AM
So, who else has been just casually perusing Art's Facebook page today? (My poor F5 key)

Here's a guess: Art is going to 'friend' the first 5,000 Time Travelers on his personal Facebok page. That would, indeed, be shocking for some and would, most certainly, make a lot of others mad...

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 02:25:35 AM
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,5021.0.html

I think it's an urban legend that Art spoke with Titor. I don't believe this ever occurred and I believe Art has stated this on MITD or someplace else. I think the connection to Art is that the Titor message board postings was on a board associated (if not the official) with Art's show at the time.

I think you are right. I went all over looking at one time and could not find a thing. I did read the messages that Titor had posted on that board though.  I think Art had an open invitation to him, but of course it seems he never contacted Art.

Aussie Dave

Presuming that what Art said about MV not wanting to release any info yet is true then perhaps the news is that Bell gab is going to become a paid subscription service tied to the Time Traveler package.

This would no doubt be shocking and cause some to hate. Those who are already a Time Traveler, as they were urged to, would be able to use it for free.

dan7800

Quote from: Aussie Dave on September 21, 2015, 07:50:16 AM
Presuming that what Art said about MV not wanting to release any info yet is true then perhaps the news is that Bell gab is going to become a paid subscription service tied to the Time Traveler package.

This would no doubt be shocking and cause some to hate. Those who are already a Time Traveler, as they were urged to, would be able to use it for free.

I doubt this is true. If this happened, it would likely only spawn other websites talking about Art that were free.

I think all fingers point to Art going mainstream, or at the most buying BellGab and incorporating it into Artbell.com, which I think would be a poor idea.

And Art throws in a free year of Ashley Madison.

Quote from: dan7800 on September 21, 2015, 07:53:55 AM
I doubt this is true. If this happened, it would likely only spawn other websites talking about Art that were free.

I think all fingers point to Art going mainstream, or at the most buying BellGab and incorporating it into Artbell.com, which I think would be a poor idea.

To bad "for those websites"  art rarely post on those.

ItsOver

Quote from: b_dubb on September 21, 2015, 04:31:55 AM
Oh wow SV is acting all superior and shit. Shocking.
Must be another slow day across the pond.

chefist

I would bet he will announce it on the show tonight...but you never know...

ItsOver

It wouldn't shock or anger me.  I'd just be indifferent.  Facebook, bah, humbug.

My guesses? 

Art is stepping up into syndication. More commercials, still an archive for Time Travelers who won't have to hear them, put up directly against C2C.

OR

MV is getting a new lawn mower.  He's been doing such a great job that he's been gifted with a riding mower which has a "Wanna take a ride?" bumper sticker.   

Big news either way.

ItsOver

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on September 21, 2015, 08:32:11 AM

...MV is getting a new lawn mower.  He's been doing such a great job that he's been gifted with a riding mower which has a "Wanna take a ride?" bumper sticker...

With the Fall season upon us, I sure hope Art throws in one of those heavy-duty leaf suckers with the mower.  Otherwise, MV will be spending even less time with us.  His jobs in Missouri will be keeping him busy.  I wonder if MV does mulching, as well?

b_dubb

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 21, 2015, 08:05:21 AM

And Art throws in a free year of Ashley Madison.
LOL Good one FTF

MV/Liberace!

what?  who?  when?  i have no idea what's going on.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 21, 2015, 12:36:22 AM
"I have Richard Hoagland in the field covering the disc that appeared over Los Angeles. Richard, what are you seeing?"

"Art, the alien came out of the craft and just handed me what is clearly an arcology, something you might find on Mars, but not Earth.

Now it looks like it just stuck a probe up Whitley's butt.

Quote from: MV on September 21, 2015, 09:19:24 AM
what?  who?  when?  i have no idea what's going on.

Don`t worry about all that. Just remember to use the quality diapers. None of those Kmart generics.

eddie dean

Quote from: ItsOver on September 21, 2015, 08:24:20 AM
It wouldn't shock or anger me.  I'd just be indifferent.  Facebook, bah, humbug.

+1

pyewacket

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 21, 2015, 03:58:20 AM

No, I read one post that wounded me deeply. In fact, I am now in process of re-evaluating my attitude to Life itself:

I am reserved about certain matters pertaining to the heart and its mysteries. However, I don't mind admitting that this is a man I respect. No, admire. No, venerate! OK, I will come out with it, as we are all friends here - I LOVE this man! Your baser natures are obviously unable to plumb the fathomless depths of his wit and intellect. As we are soul mates, if not yet, unfortunately, (give it time) lovers, I think it behooves me to illustrate a few examples of b_dubb's true nature.

Now, go away and leave me to my meditations.

Watch out b_dubb! Some things to think about before you two "get a room"! SV-hmmm- could this be one in the same Vyvyan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Ymo2tkNUg