Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

b_dubb

if anyone knows anything about wasting time its someone named Elflord

Elflord

Quote from: b_dubb on February 10, 2013, 06:31:55 PM
if anyone knows anything about wasting time its someone named Elflord
B_dubb thank you for your two cents.

Elflord

If the Real Art Bell does reads this forum. Please tell your side of the story. You do have a lot of fans. I done for now. I gave you my two cents. I know that some of you are not fans of me. I am ok I know that I have haters here but you know what? I don't care because we all have a common person that we all hate at different degrees and that is Mr George Noory. Just remember that. I will talk to you guys and gals later.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Elflord on February 10, 2013, 06:28:33 PM
I think that Art should do a special show on what really happen ie his side of the story.

He's actually been very forthcoming about his reasons for quitting except initially (and understandably) when he was trying to protect his son. With that said, he's entitled to some degree of privacy too, don't you think?

QuoteSometimes when the poop hits the fan, you just need to man up and do your job.

Sometimes, it's true, yes. And sometimes it's not. You have to consider the size of the poop and exactly what will happen if/when it hits the fan.

Elflord

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on February 10, 2013, 06:39:02 PM
He's actually been very forthcoming about his reasons for quitting except initially (and understandably) when he was trying to protect his son. With that said, he's entitled to some degree of privacy too, don't you think?

Sometimes, it's true, yes. And sometimes it's not. You have to consider the size of the poop and exactly what will happen if/when it hits the fan.
I am not mad about Art and is family. Yes he does need some privacy but his kids need more privacy because his kid is not in the public eye. I'm not saying anything bad about that. He should do whats the best for his kids.

Elflord, my two cents...
Patience. I don't think this is over, nor do I think Art is messing with us. Whole lot more complicated than that imo.

Elflord

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on February 10, 2013, 06:39:02 PM

Art could have handle things better then quitting. For example, when Art was handling the issue with his kid. He could have worked with the networks then just quitting. Most normal people would understand and help out. Next issue, a lot of people have wives/husbands, kids and/or other family members die. Most people just don’t quit their jobs. Most people understand that people die for many reasons.

Quote from: Elflord on February 10, 2013, 05:58:41 PM
... Art has a history of quitting.

Everyone has a history of quitting.  Are you still working at your first job (please include after school lawn mowing, babysitting, etc)?

Elflord

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 10, 2013, 07:06:36 PM

Everyone has a history of quitting.  Are you still working at your first job (please include after school lawn mowing, babysitting, etc)?
Most people dont quit a job then go back to it then quit again. Its a circle job for him. Most people quit a job to go to a better job.

Quote from: Elflord on February 10, 2013, 06:59:49 PM
... Most people just don’t quit their jobs...

Art isn't 'most people'.  None of us are.  Art was especially close to Ramona and they worked as a team to do the show.  Art wasn't even full time host at the time - George Noory was.

I'm not sure what the point of all this is.  We all miss Art and want him to come back, but only if he's got a deal he likes and will be at the top of his game.  He's been very thoughtful in letting us know a little of what's going on and what he's thinking.  He's been very honest in the past  and chooses his words carefully, and I take what he's said at his word and try not to read more into it than what he's actually said.  Ranting about isn't going to encourage him to share more info as it comes available.

Quote from: Elflord on February 10, 2013, 07:09:54 PM
Most people dont quit a job then go back to it then quit again..

I'm glad he came back after the first one (two?) or I would never have heard him in the first place.

4 or 5 hours on the air plus doing all the production work before and during the show is a lot, it must be time consumiong and intense.  So what if he even had just said he was taking off a year or two and maybe coming back, instead of having actual real life issues to deal with?   I don't see the problem, we don't own the celebrities, ball players, and entertainers we like

Elflord

Paper boy you are right about Art. He is not like "most people". Art was the "cash cow" for premrat. They would have worked with him when his wife died and the issue with his son. I am not a premrat fan but they are not dumb. They were not going to wreak the goose that made the golden egg. Art just burns his bridges alot. He could have handled better on his end. Do I want Art to come back? Yes. The way that I see it is that both Art and premrat network both could have handle things better. For example, Art should not have burned his bridges with premrat and premrat should not have hired George Noory.

Insanity

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 10, 2013, 07:23:15 PM

I'm glad he came back after the first one (two?) or I would never have heard him in the first place.

4 or 5 hours on the air plus doing all the production work before and during the show is a lot, it must be time consumiong and intense.  So what if he even had just said he was taking off a year or two and maybe coming back, instead of having actual real life issues to deal with?   I don't see the problem, we don't own the celebrities, ball players, and entertainers we like

On the stream art went on a lil monolog on the show about how much work it took for him to do the show, he claimed the only thing he and ramona did was work on the show all day.
Thats right there is the difference between art and what we have now.

FortRock

AND THAT'S WHY YOU NEED TO MONITOR THE MEDIA ON 04/02/13 (ANNOUNCEMENT OF ART'S RETURN)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: FortRock on February 11, 2013, 03:32:42 AM
AND THAT'S WHY YOU NEED TO MONITOR THE MEDIA ON 04/02/13 (ANNOUNCEMENT OF ART'S RETURN)

Sardondi

Fort, consider that your assignment. Don't let us down.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on February 11, 2013, 12:43:10 PM
Fort, consider that your assignment. Don't let us down.

Maybe the Scorpion army will emerge on April 2nd from a Trojan horse pizza roll to surprise Jorch.  Lead the charge bravely, Fort.  "Freedom!!!"  ;)

BobGrau

April 2nd is when Art will announce he's taking over from the pope. Well, he's got the following...

ItsOver

If Jorch took over as the Pope, that should pretty much do it.  Last Pope.... here we come.....prophecy fulfilled!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Elflord on February 10, 2013, 05:58:41 PM
I dont mind that Art and/or the Network(s) get the best deal. But whats in it for the network that carries Art. Art has a history of quitting.

i want to disagree with this, but i have a hard time doing so.  i've said similar things in the past myself, actually.  perhaps if art came out and specifically laid out the "real" reasons for his retirement(s) with full honesty and transparency, there might be less skepticism applied to his future prospects.

MV/Liberace!

yawn.

Is it just me, but has perpetually retiring and then coming back, and retiring again, etc. etc. just become the new hip celebrity thing now-a-days to get cheap free publicity? Forget Art and all his on-again off-again-ness, I think it all goes back to when Michael Jordan retired and came back three times. He seems to have started a new trend that almost always occurs at least once a year by some celebrity or athlete or whatever. It appears even more magnified now in this day-and-age with our overcoverage 24 hour obsessive news. Dear God, why can't Snoory take a turn at it?!

"No mystery is closed to an open mind." -Tim White

mombird3

Yes, it looks like a trend. But Art did retire many times. In fact since he had retired in 2002, I stopped listening. I was never expecting him to return. I would expect the Child abduction problem and the death of Ramona an emergency retirement. I wish the real reason for all of this would be explained by Art. He returned after Ramona died. And he made it clear when he remarried that he was retiring again. Come on, make up your mind.We are stuck with Noory and it sucks.

Art will return, if they are both smart Premiere will grossly overpay him for a Saturday show and that will be it.

Sardondi

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on February 12, 2013, 01:26:55 AM
Art will return, if they are both smart Premiere will grossly overpay him for a Saturday show and that will be it.
It's wonderful to play with this scenario. Imagine giving George Noory what he's apparently wanted for years, and finally just relieve him of the Friday night show he's always ditching. Give Art Friday and Saturday night*. Let Knapp remain in his Sunday night slot. And then PremRad would be presented with the possibility that show headliner George Noory becomes C2C's third-highest rated host. Ahhhhhhhh. My new happy thought.

* But Does anyone really see Art ever agreeing to work for PremRad again in any of our lifetimes?

Morgus

Quote from: Sardondi on February 12, 2013, 01:44:55 AM
But Does anyone really see Art ever agreeing to work for PremRad again in any of our lifetimes?
nope, Art is clearly only interested in a new gig independent of PremRat.

mombird3

I hope Art returns somewhere. Maybe it will happen.

Artsy

How I miss Art Bell.  His shows always to be looked forward to.  His voice, somewhere out there, I'd listen every single time til 5 a.m... Work started when I felt like but it was almost secondary to not missing a word of my high desert man.

lonevoice

Steel Cage Death Match:

Elflord versus FortRock

Pay Per View

Color Commentary by Sardoni

Hand-Illustrated Commemorative Program by Paper*Boy

I'm all in for that!

Sardondi

Quote from: lonevoice on February 12, 2013, 03:18:20 PM
Steel Cage Death Match:

Elflord versus FortRock

Pay Per View