A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: b_dubb on August 08, 2013, 07:22:24 AM
that's why you should always use my patented <sarcasm>insert sarcastic remark here</sarcasm> tags.

Or if anyone is being particularly picky; [pedant] (Pedantic point) [/pedant] ..

b_dubb

perhaps I should have wrapped my statement suggesting the use of sarcasm tags with sarcasm tags

WeatherGod

I'm a huge Art Bell fan and John B. Wells is the best thing to happen to Coast to Coast since Art Bell. Sure hes not perfect but neither was Art Bell.

People need to question more and we should especially question every "official story", including Sandy Hook. That's what conspiracy theory and investigative journalism is all about.

Or would you rather just watch Fox News and accept whatever they say as good as gold...

JBW is not exactly Carl Woodward.  Seeing Bigfoot behind every fallen pinecone in the forest is not investigative journalism.

Quote from: WeatherGod on August 08, 2013, 04:02:41 PM
I'm a huge Art Bell fan and John B. Wells is the best thing to happen to Coast to Coast since Art Bell. Sure hes not perfect but neither was Art Bell.

People need to question more and we should especially question every "official story", including Sandy Hook. That's what conspiracy theory and investigative journalism is all about.

Or would you rather just watch Fox News and accept whatever they say as good as gold...

I thought Fox News was almost as bad as C2C.  Isn't that where John and George go for most of their stories (and then claim they're weeks ahead of everybody after Fox keeps rehashing their conspiracy theories and right wing propaganda as news for the next three weeks)?

Quote from: West of the Rockies on August 08, 2013, 04:05:30 PM
...Seeing Bigfoot behind every fallen pinecone in the forest is not investigative journalism.

Wow, that sounds stressful.  No wonder he went paranoid.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: WeatherGod on August 08, 2013, 04:02:41 PM

I agree with you to a *certain* extent. One can be concerned with threats to our Constitution and civil rights without being a conspiracy theorist. One can be a libertarian and not be an "info-warrior". We need to separate the wheat from the chaff by looking at each claim on its own merits. That involves finding the facts and the truth by objectively considering all unadulterated information. We also need to draw some moral lines when it comes to the responsible presentation of news. We should be wary of baseless speculation on, as well as needless exploitation of, tragic events like school shootings. That said, one-sided, propagandistic,  Obama-worshipping media, like MSNBC/Huffington Post, is a waste of time for anyone with an ounce of intellectual honesty, as well as natural curiosity.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: West of the Rockies on August 08, 2013, 04:05:30 PM
JBW is not exactly Carl Woodward.  Seeing Bigfoot behind every fallen pinecone in the forest is not investigative journalism.

Does Wells even believe in Bigfoot? You're joking, but he seems somewhat frosty to paranormal subjects at times.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 08, 2013, 04:24:17 PM
I thought Fox News was almost as bad...

Well, we could go back to having only the one-party big-government media we had before.  If nothing else Fox covers stories that are inconvenient to the narrative those others would like to spoon feed us, and which would otherwise be ignored and buried.

awake

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on August 07, 2013, 02:57:59 PM
If he comes off as condescending, that's a flaw for sure.  But as far as getting facts straight and falling in line with the guests' NWO nonsense, it would make sense if he's simply humoring his employers.  He may not be genius, but just seems smart enough to both disbelieve what he's saying, and tow the company line enough to convince listeners that he does believe it.

Ah well, just conjecture.  For all I know, he was the exact same way in all his work prior to C2C.  I see he has several clips on Youtube.  Maybe I'll give a few of them a listen.
Please let me apologize in advance but I get so sick of reading posts which attempt to ascribe the qualities of geniality and decency to j.b.w..

I do not quite understand. 
Wells makes repeated, voluntary comments about no victims in the sandy hook shooting, says in his email to SR-71 posted on this forum that he believes that threat of police state in the u.s. is an imminent threat, has a.j. on repeatedly, takes his stories right from world net daily and you aren't ready to think he is a true believer in the NWO shit. 

Really?  What would it take for you to take the man at his word?  Please explain this attempt to paint Wells as a "reasonable" and "just pretending"; anyone?  This just baffles me, does anyone listen the shit he spouts? 

When he is interviewing a guest he doesn't know anything about (recently a mainstream author) you can hear him typing on his computer during the interview (trying to get info?).  But when he is interviewing a.j or delving into sandy hook or this other hate-filled crap he knows the topic; he knows the primary, secondary and tertiary material.  There is no searching the interwebs like he does when interviewing mainstream authors. 

Give me some proof that he is not exactly what he purports to be, because I'm not using conjecture, I'm using his words and actions to say he is a fear spewing monster.  And there are thousands of scared, uninformed people listening in the dark around the country clutching bibles and weapons who believe every word this asshole says.  Sometimes they act and shoot up a Hindu temple in Auburn(killing Hindus while trying to kill Musllims???), and sometimes they kill kindergartners in sandy hook.  The guy is a menace in the truest sense of the word.  Say what you will about liberals but generally speaking we don't go on mass killing sprees. 

awake

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 08, 2013, 06:46:25 PM

Well, we could go back to having only the one-party big-government media we had before.  If nothing else Fox covers stories that are inconvenient to the narrative those others would like to spoon feed us, and which would otherwise be ignored and buried.

If we are going to get into the basis for many of the Fox news stories or those of the "straight-news" hosts or the "personalities" Fox is going to end up looking rather silly.  To back up my claim that a Fox news viewer is often misinformed just look at the results of the last presidential election, for months they had their own polling numbers because reality hurt just too much.  It just went on and on.  I just say that this probably isn't the place for a discussion about the fourth estate, really.

SR-71

John will be on c2c Saturday and Sunday.

Quote from: SR-71 on August 09, 2013, 12:49:51 PM
John will be on c2c Saturday and Sunday.

Or according to George, Sunday and Sunday.  But everyone slips up.  That's why pencils have erasers!

Also according to George, subject matter:  he'll be taking about things that affect this planet so don't miss it.  George will miss it but u know, George already knows all that stuff.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 09, 2013, 12:52:34 PM
Or according to George, Sunday and Sunday.  But everyone slips up.  That's why pencils have erasers!

Also according to George, subject matter:  he'll be taking about things that affect this planet so don't miss it.  George will miss it but u know, George already knows all that stuff.

Pah! That's a get out. If he had any balls he'd be discussing the current situation on Jupiter. His accuracy and context might be closer.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: awake on August 09, 2013, 09:14:00 AM

Give me some proof that he is not exactly what he purports to be, because I'm not using conjecture, I'm using his words and actions to say he is a fear spewing monster.  And there are thousands of scared, uninformed people listening in the dark around the country clutching bibles and weapons who believe every word this asshole says.  Sometimes they act and shoot up a Hindu temple in Auburn(killing Hindus while trying to kill Musllims???), and sometimes they kill kindergartners in sandy hook.  The guy is a menace in the truest sense of the word.  Say what you will about liberals but generally speaking we don't go on mass killing sprees.

Yeah, but apart from all that, which are his bad points?

awake

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 09, 2013, 01:24:21 PM
Yeah, but apart from all that, which are his bad points?
Well, other than that he's a peach.  Hell, I'd let him watch my dog for an afternoon,    maybe.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: awake on August 09, 2013, 01:40:42 PM
Well, other than that he's a peach.  Hell, I'd let him watch my dog for an afternoon,    maybe.

Let him watch your dog do what though? That's the question on everyone's lips...When I say everyone I mean a dozen or so, well okay; maybe three.. Perhaps one.

awake

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 09, 2013, 01:47:47 PM
Let him watch your dog do what though? That's the question on everyone's lips...When I say everyone I mean a dozen or so, well okay; maybe three.. Perhaps one.
That puts a unsettling spin on things.  Ok, I withdraw the offer and you sir are entirely off dog watch duty.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: awake on August 09, 2013, 01:51:06 PM
That puts a unsettling spin on things.  Ok, I withdraw the offer and you sir are entirely off dog watch duty.

Dog watch; a timepiece to be worn around a pore? I mean paw...(Tell your friends and family, I normally charge money for these)..What if JBW was phoned in by someone who has "evidence" that the NWO are using dogs and their resident fleas to spread diseases to control the population? I think he'd buy it.

awake

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 09, 2013, 01:59:15 PM

Dog watch; a timepiece to be worn around a pore? I mean paw...(Tell your friends and family, I normally charge money for these)..What if JBW was phoned in by someone who has "evidence" that the NWO are using dogs and their resident fleas to spread diseases to control the population? I think he'd buy it.
Well with clear cut evidence like that he'd be a fool not to mount an investigation.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: awake on August 09, 2013, 09:14:00 AM
I do not quite understand. 

The vast majority of the above quote is hyperbolic bullshit. The first sentence is true, though.

Quick Karl

John B. Wells might not be perfect, or be Art Bell, but he is more interesting than George, in my humble opinion - and he has a better voice, and plays 10-times better music.

I am all for honest dialogue, opinions, and a little fun, but some folks just seem to hate everyone.

I haven't seen nor heard of John B. Wells critiquing people that are doing what he can't, on any internet forums. John B. Wells has a broadcasting job and he is getting paid for it.

One night each quarter, C2C should let some amateur with a lot to say have the chair, and see how he does -- I am reminded of Alec Baldwin's foray into radio...

malfion

Wow its that Smart Meter lady again.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 10, 2013, 10:57:03 PM
I am reminded of Alec Baldwin's foray into radio...

He has a new show on MSNBC. It can't be any worse than Al Sharpton's monstrosity.

Scully

Interesting how quickly this thread reverts to politics over and over again.  Could it be for the same reason Wells can't string two sentences together without blaming the big bad government for whatever ails the world?

If you share his politics, though, I guess ya just can't be expected to notice.  Or else you haven't put in much listening time, but you did hear Wells once for a few minutes and he sounded ok then.

Beulah, peel me a grape.  ::)

CampsieNP

"women are welcome to call in."

Mr. Wells just said women are welcome to call in and if they don't want to talk about conspiracy, they can talk about making a pie??? Are you f'ing kidding me? You condescending jerk. I was ambivalent about my opinion of you but not any more.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
September 16th can't come soon enough.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Scully on August 11, 2013, 12:17:27 AM
Interesting how quickly this thread reverts to politics over and over again.  Could it be for the same reason Wells can't string two sentences together without blaming the big bad government for whatever ails the world?

If you share his politics, though, I guess ya just can't be expected to notice.  Or else you haven't put in much listening time, but you did hear Wells once for a few minutes and he sounded ok then.

Beulah, peel me a grape.  ::)

It works both ways, but you raise a good point about human nature. Both the Left and the Right are guilty of the same "crime". I'll sing a verse of "Kumbaya" to bring us all together in an apolitical group hug. It rubbed me the wrong way when Wells claimed that Democrats were the sole boys behaving badly. You likely could name a Republican adulterer/pervert to match each Spitzer and Weiner out there, and you could start with Craig and Foley. Sanford came to mind at the speed of light, and he was re-elected. Neither party has a monopoly on any bad traits. Career politicians might be more corrupt than the ordinary Joe, though.   

Morgus

A caller to John B. Wells just now asked him if he listened to Noory last night and his news about Art Bell.
Wells responded he was sleeping last night and didn't comment on Art, he then moved on to the next caller...

karios8

Quote from: Morgus on August 11, 2013, 12:57:33 AM
A caller to John B. Wells just now asked him if he listened to Noory last night and his news about Art Bell.
Wells responded he was sleeping last night and didn't comment on Art, he then moved on to the next caller...

What a sorry jackass...unless he hasnt read the memo from the suits yet about lifting their ban of Art Bell comments.

Quote from: Morgus on August 11, 2013, 12:57:33 AM

It amazes me how these hosts expect us to believe Coast is providing pertinent information to our future well-being, safety, and rights when they aren't even willing to review the programs they didn't host.  They clearly don't believe anything on the program is worth listening to.