• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Wilderness on July 14, 2015, 07:14:56 AM
Humble and Fred used to occupy the 12 to 2am time slot - but they've been cancelled in the past few days so this appears to confirm the programming changes.

I was a big Humble and Fred fan in their CFNY days, they've been bounced around from station to station ever since.

eddie dean

Quote from: MV on July 14, 2015, 06:48:38 AM
Wasn't Hoagland the one who chose to talk about it on air? Sounded to me like Noory was trying to get him to shut the hell up.

This is how I read it also. I think RCH & Dave + the producers already spoke about this off air and came to an agreement.  RCH brought it up on air in an attempt to put c2c & dave on the spot.  Using the live nature of the program as leverage to get what RCH wanted. Hoagland strikes me as a difficult person to work with, esp. when he has a bee in his bonnet about something. I'd be pissed and frustrated too if someone tried to pull this live on the air.
RCH ended up getting a better deal anyway on Art's network & Dave still sucks.

Ms. C

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 14, 2015, 12:21:45 AM

The whole thing could have been kept behind the scenes.  All Hoagland was asking for was an extra hour, Dave could have just explained why they can't do that, since he's such a nice guy.  But, no, he, an alleged grown man told another grown man to "drop it and go pout in the corner".  That didn't have to happen on the air.  Poor form, but what do I know.

Karma, Karma, Karma!  and how many days until it bites dave in the tush?  5 1/2 days or so, I do believe    8)

Quote from: Ms. C on July 14, 2015, 08:15:13 AM

Karma, Karma, Karma!  and how many days until it bites dave in the tush?  5 1/2 days or so, I do believe    8)

Dave's gravy train coast is just about over.

BettyO417

Quote from: Art Bell on July 13, 2015, 08:24:10 PM
Ok I got the call and it's good news but can't talk about it till Tomorrow!

Art

Time to wake up Art and spill the Good News! The suspense is just too much! 
Any new thoughts BellGabbers on the reveal? I'm also thinking a George Knapp Investigative Show!
Art, think you can snag Peter Davenport to move over to the "Midnight" side? I tell you this kind of waiting and excitement can make a girl tingle! Just saying....
Let's continue the Blitz! Come on lurkers get on and get the Word out!

BellBoy

I listened to nearly all of Dick Hoagland's Pluto show earlier and although it was full of unintentional laughs, errors, omissions and more than it's fair share of hot-air, R.C.H. held his own and delivered a completely aceptable show... and by acceptable show, I mean a show that, in spite of its flaws was easily 10x more entertaining and informative than ANYTHING Dave has done in the last 10 years. I could easily fall asleep to Hoagie's ramblings following the excitement of Art's nightly show.

nika01

Quote from new C2C Science Advisor Robert Zimmerman

"A minor note of interest: Coast to Coast has decided to name me their official science adviser. This means they will be giving me more air time to talk about space, astronomy, and other issues relating to science. Should be lots of fun.

And I must say it, for every minute I am on the air talking about the really exciting discoveries in real science, it will be one less minute they can waste talking about silly stuff like UFOs and ancient civilizations on the far side of the Moon. Without doubt this can only be a gain, for them, their audience, and society in general."

Wonder how he feels about turmeric?

FortRock

Quote from: nika01 on July 14, 2015, 10:28:42 AM

"A minor note of interest: Coast to Coast has decided to name me their official science adviser. This means they will be giving me more air time to talk about space, astronomy, and other issues relating to science. Should be lots of fun.

And I must say it, for every minute I am on the air talking about the really exciting discoveries in real science, it will be one less minute they can waste talking about silly stuff like UFOs and ancient civilizations on the far side of the Moon. Without doubt this can only be a gain, for them, their audience, and society in general."

THE SCORPION ARMY INTELLIGENCE JUST GOT WIND OF THE OFFICIAL COMMERCIAL
SPONSOR FOR THIS SEGMENT OF COAST!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S43xHezUKlc

VegasI15

Quote from: eddie dean on July 14, 2015, 08:05:30 AM
This is how I read it also. I think RCH & Dave + the producers already spoke about this off air and came to an agreement.  RCH brought it up on air in an attempt to put c2c & dave on the spot.  Using the live nature of the program as leverage to get what RCH wanted. Hoagland strikes me as a difficult person to work with, esp. when he has a bee in his bonnet about something. I'd be pissed and frustrated too if someone tried to pull this live on the air.
RCH ended up getting a better deal anyway on Art's network & Dave still sucks.

I'm not trying to troll here but just confused. (And this post isn't direct at eddie dean, just everyone in general.)  Why and how is everyone an expert on how difficult a person RCH is to work with personally??  All of this talk seems like conjecture to me.  How anyone can form an intelligent opinion without personally knowing and working with someone is a mystery to me.     

No Quarter

Quote from: nika01 on July 14, 2015, 10:28:42 AM

Another reason not to listen to C2C. I guess Mr Zimmerman is as intellectually curious as Snoorge, and evidently shares Snoorge's desire to continue to turn C2C into a vapid void of late night talk radio.

Thanks, but no thanks - I LIKE the 'silly stuff like UFOs and ancient civilizations...' over the late night airwaves, especially
when delivered by the one man who made this radio genre the overnight powerhouse that it was (and will soon be again!). PLUS, we also get the 'real' science news stories, too, so....win/win for us!

nika01

Quote from: VegasI15 on July 14, 2015, 10:33:47 AM
I'm not trying to troll here but just confused. (And this post isn't direct at eddie dean, just everyone in general.)  Why and how is everyone an expert on how difficult a person RCH is to work with personally??  All of this talk seems like conjecture to me.  How anyone can form an intelligent opinion without personally knowing and working with someone is a mystery to me.   

Merely listening to him

chefist

Quote from: FortRock on July 14, 2015, 10:33:17 AM

THE SCORPION ARMY INTELLIGENCE JUST GOT WIND OF THE OFFICIAL COMMERCIAL
SPONSOR FOR THIS SEGMENT OF COAST!

"Advisor" is the wrong word...it should be "Reporter" or "Correspondent"...He is a historian, and not even a degreed science historian! I would think an "advisor" would be a degreed and experienced scientist.

"I got a master’s degree, studying early America colonial history because I was curious to learn how the most successful pioneer societies organized themselves."

PathoJen

Did art reveal his next big announcement?

chefist

PLEASE REFER TO THIS POST FOR ALL REDDIT INFO

1. The AMA will be posted at 6pm EDT, TUESDAY, JULY 14th. Refer to BellGab and UFOship.com Chat!.

2. Art will begin answering questions on that post at 6:30pm EDT.

3. . If you've used reddit before and would like to help with the event tomorrow please PM Chefist for details.

4. If you've never used reddit before, Plesse feel free to ask for help and Chefist will assign some one to help you. Join us at UFOship.com Chat 45 minutes before Art's AMA for discussion, strategy, questions, ect.

5. To promote the AMA please tweet, Facebook, out the time, date, and location and note that the link to the event will be posted at 6pm EDT.

6. If you have any more questions please PM me or Chefist.

7. Have fun!

OH! There is an Art Bell Snoo on Reddit...that is pretty cool!

paladin1991

Quote from: PathoJen on July 14, 2015, 10:54:03 AM
Did art reveal his next big announcement?
Darlin, you have to check the PM's.  Top of the page.  Messages.

Now, everybody run to check.

stepsten

Quote from: chefist on July 14, 2015, 10:43:16 AM
"Advisor" is the wrong word...it should be "Reporter" or "Correspondent"...He is a historian, and not even a degreed science historian! I would think an "advisor" would be a degreed and experienced scientist.

"I got a master’s degree, studying early America colonial history because I was curious to learn how the most successful pioneer societies organized themselves."

well, to be fair, the same should apply to rch...

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 14, 2015, 11:19:37 AM

I got my PM! WOW, that is absolutely unbelievable! Holy Cow!

chefist

Quote from: stepsten on July 14, 2015, 11:20:28 AM
well, to be fair, the same should apply to rch...

It should be, but now he has his own show...maybe he will have real scientists on as guests? hopefully...

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on July 14, 2015, 11:21:50 AM
I got my PM! WOW, that is absolutely unbelievable! Holy Cow!

I really hope that went out to everyone on the 'open' list and not just on the 'primary' list. 

Wilderness

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 14, 2015, 11:25:23 AM
I really hope that went out to everyone on the 'open' list and not just on the 'primary' list.

Why wouldn't Art just post a message here, rather than to a select group of people?

( I'm assuming  "Check your PM" is a wind up !) 

paladin1991

Quote from: Wilderness on July 14, 2015, 11:26:29 AM

Why wouldn't Art just post a message here, rather than to a select group of people?

Because every time he gives out a bit of a progress report, the davebots come out like roaches.

Wilderness

Was it at least good news?

paladin1991

Quote from: Wilderness on July 14, 2015, 11:28:18 AM
Was it at least good news?
All things ART are all things good.  Buckle up, kid, it's gonna be a helluva ride.

serenity

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 14, 2015, 11:30:11 AM
All things ART are all things good.  Buckle up, kid, it's gonna be a helluva ride.

No pm *snif*

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Wilderness on July 14, 2015, 11:26:29 AM

There is no PM. It is a gag.

chefist

Quote from: MV on July 14, 2015, 11:42:41 AM
There is no PM. It is a gag.

I got fooled by it too when I started...this will be my only payback incident...sorry Wilderness... ;)

serenity

Quote from: chefist on July 14, 2015, 11:51:51 AM
I got fooled by it too when I started...this will be my only payback incident...sorry Wilderness... ;)

Oops did i blow it for everyone?   Good sorry :)

Fixed

Wilderness

Quote from: chefist on July 14, 2015, 11:51:51 AM

:D no problem!

PathoJen

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 14, 2015, 11:19:37 AM

WOWZIE!!!!! That is big news!  :)

ItsOver

Quote from: PathoJen on July 14, 2015, 12:10:02 PM
WOWZIE!!!!! That is big news!  :)
It most certainly is big news.  Noory is replacing MV for Art's lawn service.  You can't turn your back on Dave.