George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

b_dubb

no. get a dog you trust to keep a shotgun trained on a sketchy hostage

Jfredmuggs

The single stupidest thing GN says, continually, is "I don't believe in coincidence."  First of all, it appears that he thinks his belief, or not, matters.  Second, it is clear that there are coincidences, such as "I ate breakfast at the same time (co-incidence) my wife was driving to work."

GN is enthralled by the cretinous "Numbers Lady."

When GN first started the show, he demonstrated repeatedly that he didn't know the difference between a viruses and bacteria--he used the terms interchangeably.

"What we're about here is getting to the truth."

The thing that scares me most is that GN was an officer in the US Navy.  Yikes!

b_dubb

US Naval Reserve.  Big Difference.  and i'm pretty sure when he was doing that he was in some place that was landlocked.  so his duties probably entailed remedial accounting and mowing the grass at some facility where the navy stored new socks and finger nail clippers

fysisist

Quote from: Jfredmuggs on June 10, 2011, 11:48:41 AM

The thing that scares me most is that GN was an officer in the US Navy.  Yikes!

No kidding.  I truly hope they have tightened up the standards.  On the other hand, as ex-military, I'm not all that surprised - that he was an officer at least. 

Seamus Capone

Noory: "Did your (Atwater's) NDE get you interested in NDEs?" (paraphrased)

The guest loudly laughed at this question. I, on the other hand, loudly groaned and sighed, and it wasn't from pleasure. I don't think that I'm masochistic enough to listen to open lines.

ATTN: All Noory Haters
TIME: 0059

Snoory is about to address all of his haters. All hater please exit your mud huts and commune around the town AM radio to receive your admonishment.

NOTHING FOLLOWS

---------

Snoory sounds extra butthurt about his "glowing" Amazon reviewers.  ;D

Scully

Quote from: Jackpine Savage on June 11, 2011, 12:01:47 AM
ATTN: All Noory Haters
TIME: 0059

Snoory is about to address all of his haters. All haters please exit your mud huts and commune around the town AM radio to receive your admonishment.

NOTHING FOLLOWS

You gave up too soon, Jack.  I too knew George was about to use his hyped-up giggling guest's bad reviews to address his own critics, so my ears pricked up.  Even the guest seemed taken aback when he started in on all us "hatemongers" who have no real lives and nothing else to do but sit at our computers and write hateful things about good people.  He assured her he no longer cares what is said by people of such low consideration.

Guess Michael might as well shut this thread down, since Lisa will presumably no longer be reading it to George.  ::)

valdez

Quote from: Scully on June 11, 2011, 12:59:48 AM
...Even the guest seemed taken aback when he started in on all us "hatemongers" who have no real lives and nothing else to do but sit at our computers and write hateful things about good people.  He assured her he no longer cares what is said by people of such low consideration.

So right at the beginning of the interview P.M.H. Atwater claimed to have had three near death experiences.  Do you think George asked her about those?  Nope.  George went right into his broad, obvious, self-answering questions, and then he does open lines where we learned that his favorite number is 4.  The last hour was something called "The Best of George Noory", which doesn't make any sense, unless you realize that George is also conducting intense, vicious, psychological warfare against his enemies.  Touche', George.  Touche'.

I love ufo phil...

Camper

Idiot George is always criticising his audience with his stupid little quips. I've lost track of the number of times I've heard him say "people just don't get it" or something similar. He thinks he can impress his guest with his intelligence by remarking how stupid everyone else is.

The irony is that most of his followers ARE to stupid to realize they've just been insulted. 

Digitech

I have actually heard a lot about P90x before on other forums (more fitness related.) Supposedly it is a pretty good exercise program which you can do at home, doesn't require much more than some handheld weights, etc.

But what on earth were they thinking by using George Noory and advertising on the C2C website? Seems like a total mismatch of audience. And, utterly laughable to the Coast Gab crowd!

When I saw the P90X advertisement, I kept saying to myself "They're making this too damn easy!"

fysisist

From the C2C host bio: "George Noory, host of the nationally syndicated program, Coast to Coast AM, says if he weren’t a national radio talk show host he’d be in politics."

Yeah, right along side that Weiner guy, no doubt.

zensunni

So George apparently never heard of the Findhorn community in Scotland. A listener brought it up (along with the stories of the freakishly massive veggies they grow at Findhorn), but George said it was all news to him. Now, Findhorn was founded around 40 years ago, and was led by David Spangler, a legend in New Age circles. Make of that what you will, the fact is that anyone with even a casual interest in alternative spirituality has heard of Findhorn, and David Spangler as well. There was even a bestselling book, "The Findhorn Garden", and the community got a lot of press from being discussed in the film "My Dinner with Andre".

But the caller called it "FIND-horn", with the long "i" sound, and so did George. It actually rhymes with 'wind born'.

Then, soon afterwards, another caller wanted to know the name of some old Viking movie. George went to some texts and emails, and apparently not knowing what was being referred to, said, "was the movie called Findhorn"? He apparently forgot that a caller was talking about the Findhorn community JUST TEN MINUTES PRIOR.

I'm not saying I'm a Findhorn fan, or that the community should be covered on C2C. But come on, George! If you're not going to broaden your interests beyond Linda Mouton Howe, the Mayan calendar nonsense, and e-foods direct, at least pay enough attention to know what just happened ten minutes ago on your own show! ::)

anagrammy

Quote from: Scully on June 11, 2011, 12:59:48 AM

You gave up too soon, Jack.  I too knew George was about to use his hyped-up giggling guest's bad reviews to address his own critics, so my ears pricked up.  Even the guest seemed taken aback when he started in on all us "hatemongers" who have no real lives and nothing else to do but sit at our computers and write hateful things about good people.  He assured her he no longer cares what is said by people of such low consideration.

Guess Michael might as well shut this thread down, since Lisa will presumably no longer be reading it to George.  ::)

...who no longer bother's to read the guest's books because it interrupts his "Angry Birds" time.

Ana

Camper

George doesn't play Angry Birds. He has a intern play it for him and he just takes the credit.

Scully

Quote from: Camper on June 11, 2011, 08:54:55 PM
George doesn't play Angry Birds. He has a intern play it for him and he just takes the credit.

Good one, Camper!!!   ;D

anagrammy

Quote from: zensunni on June 11, 2011, 04:49:37 PM
So George apparently never heard of the Findhorn community in Scotland. A listener brought it up (along with the stories of the freakishly massive veggies they grow at Findhorn), but George said it was all news to him. Now, Findhorn was founded around 40 years ago, and was led by David Spangler, a legend in New Age circles. Make of that what you will, the fact is that anyone with even a casual interest in alternative spirituality has heard of Findhorn, and David Spangler as well. There was even a bestselling book, "The Findhorn Garden", and the community got a lot of press from being discussed in the film "My Dinner with Andre".

But the caller called it "FIND-horn", with the long "i" sound, and so did George. It actually rhymes with 'wind born'.

Then, soon afterwards, another caller wanted to know the name of some old Viking movie. George went to some texts and emails, and apparently not knowing what was being referred to, said, "was the movie called Findhorn"? He apparently forgot that a caller was talking about the Findhorn community JUST TEN MINUTES PRIOR.

I'm not saying I'm a Findhorn fan, or that the community should be covered on C2C. But come on, George! If you're not going to broaden your interests beyond Linda Mouton Howe, the Mayan calendar nonsense, and e-foods direct, at least pay enough attention to know what just happened ten minutes ago on your own show! ::)

In order to have something go into longterm memory, you have to hold it in your mind for at least 10 SECONDS.  George's inability to recall his own program contents, plus his inability to add to a conversation with a pertinent comment, gives us some interesting possibilities, or "clues" as to what's going on with the Noory. 

Old-fashioned senile dementia:  repetitive comments, lack of attention, inability to draw from body of knowledge and/or experience, loss of short term memory.

Tech overload:   considering GN had no clue about the computer technology involved in modern radio production, he was clearly Peter Principled when he took over the multiple-screen studio at Premiere.  Remember when he not only could not tell someone how to upload an mp3, he didn't even seem to know the terms for audio vs. video, suggesting that listeners "watch" an mp3.  Sooooo...while people are talking, George is trying to figure out what screen to look at, what button to push next, what's that chat popping up and what's he supposed to do next because someone is pointing to his earphones.....

Anxiety:  Many listeners and posters here have noticed that George hates Open Lines Friday; his voice becomes higher and there is more repetition.  He has no script and no list of questions to rely on, so he must speak extemporaneously and draw on his body of knowledge to answer caller's questions.  Slim pickins, apparently.

Fatigue:  Remember when George announced that he would be traveling much more?  What about the eight hours of preparation he said he puts in every show?  Not.  Others do that, quite obviously.  Often George has not even read the book.  Now he is shuttling between St. Louis and Los Angeles, plus the requirements of all his intensive Pro-whatever workouts....who has the time to sleep?

Anagrammy

Hugo Fitch

Quote from: someguy on June 04, 2011, 08:58:46 PM

Take a look at this.

http://trymasterprostate.com/

George Noory wants to master your prostate.

No pic of George's butthole  :-\ .

JustOneFix

I missed the prostate thing until today.

Holy shit. Only further proves what a worthless hack Noron is. It's only about the money to him.

BobGrau

Quote from: anagrammy on June 12, 2011, 07:29:05 AM
In order to have something go into longterm memory, you have to hold it in your mind for at least 10 SECONDS.  George's inability to recall his own program contents, plus his inability to add to a conversation with a pertinent comment, gives us some interesting possibilities, or "clues" as to what's going on with the Noory. 

Old-fashioned senile dementia:  repetitive comments, lack of attention, inability to draw from body of knowledge and/or experience, loss of short term memory.

Tech overload:   considering GN had no clue about the computer technology involved in modern radio production, he was clearly Peter Principled when he took over the multiple-screen studio at Premiere.  Remember when he not only could not tell someone how to upload an mp3, he didn't even seem to know the terms for audio vs. video, suggesting that listeners "watch" an mp3.  Sooooo...while people are talking, George is trying to figure out what screen to look at, what button to push next, what's that chat popping up and what's he supposed to do next because someone is pointing to his earphones.....

Anxiety:  Many listeners and posters here have noticed that George hates Open Lines Friday; his voice becomes higher and there is more repetition.  He has no script and no list of questions to rely on, so he must speak extemporaneously and draw on his body of knowledge to answer caller's questions.  Slim pickins, apparently.

Fatigue:  Remember when George announced that he would be traveling much more?  What about the eight hours of preparation he said he puts in every show?  Not.  Others do that, quite obviously.  Often George has not even read the book.  Now he is shuttling between St. Louis and Los Angeles, plus the requirements of all his intensive Pro-whatever workouts....who has the time to sleep?

Anagrammy

-I've lived about an hour's drive from Findhorn all my life, yet I've barely heard of the place :)

-the symptoms described above make me wonder if he's just a massive stoner? would explain a lot.

Marc.Knight

Fortunately we live in an economic system that allows a modicum of competition, if it does not disturb the rich. 

We just need the equivalent of another "Kingdom of Nye" voice of the night to compete with Goory.  This is a tall order.  Like Art, this new person will need to start small with an individual creative energy that will eventually provide a new center of gravity for night talk radio.  Goory has become a parody of himself, and why he commands the position he has escapes me. 

Art has unwittingly? become a manipulator of marionettes.  With the clacking marionettes being his fans dreaming of yesteryear and hanging on the strings of every mundane word.  Time to draw the curtain and exit the Art Bell theatre.  His recorded work will be listenable for decades to come.

Bart

Quote from: b_dubb on June 10, 2011, 01:39:25 PM
US Naval Reserve.  Big Difference.  and i'm pretty sure when he was doing that he was in some place that was landlocked.  so his duties probably entailed remedial accounting and mowing the grass at some facility where the navy stored new socks and finger nail clippers

Wasn't it a meeting once a month and 30 days training or detail duty in the reserves in those days?  I knew a lot of people that went that route for a monthly paycheck and free school.

God this angel bitch sucks. Fucking shut-in radio at it's finest, Noory is so painfully awful tonight he's almost good: asking the same quest three times, ten second dead air, etc. I'm waiting for a caller to ask if her Precious Momentsâ,,¢ collection of angels will go to heaven when she dies.

valdez

Quote from: Jackpine Savage on June 14, 2011, 01:35:11 AM
... Noory is so painfully awful tonight he's almost good: asking the same quest three times, ten second dead air...

George's questions for Doreen Virtue were also way too simple.  He's done hundreds of shows on angels and he has to ask if they are here to do good?  I was able to answer all of his questions, and the only thing I know about angels is practically nothing.  It's his favorite subject and he's incapable of going in deep.  Yeah.  Lots of dead air, then blurting something off the top of his head.  Pathetic.
     In the first hour Mitch Battross lost me with all the technical sun spot talk.  He also said we may be heading into a mini ice age.  Whatever.