• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

ItsOver

Wow.  I was just reading up on her a few days ago after seeing her on Zombie's "House of 1,000 Corpses."  I couldn't figure out at first who was playing the wacko mother in the movie although she looked familiar.  One seriously disturbing movie.  Capt. Spalding is still keeping me awake at night.  :o

Oh, yeah, that doll still freaks me out, too!  I wonder if it exists still in some property room of a studio.  I don't think I'd want it in my house....  A quick internet search reveals that you can buy replicas of the little bastard.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: West of the Rockies on August 08, 2013, 07:56:20 PM
Oh, yeah, that doll still freaks me out, too!  I wonder if it exists still in some property room of a studio.  I don't think I'd want it in my house....  A quick internet search reveals that you can buy replicas of the little bastard.

I was actually going to use it as my avatar the other day.  ???  I went with Black Devil Doll instead because I crack up every time I see the movie poster.

Juan

Margaret Pelligrini died at 89.  She was one of the Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz.  There are only two Munchkins left.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 09, 2013, 10:24:42 AM
  There are only two Munchkins left.

That's a common complaint of mine at breakfast.

Sardondi

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 09, 2013, 10:24:42 AM...There are only two Munchkins left.
Dear God, it's been 75 years since The Wizard of Oz was filmed! And not one but two Munchkins yet survive? How can it be? Witchcraft? Mummification per the Egyptian Book Of The Dead? Time travel?

stevesh

Well, they don't have to worry about being killed on most of the rides at Six Flags and Cedar Point, nor about being struck by lightning as long as there's a twelve-year-old in the vicinity.

Sardondi

Quote from: stevesh on August 09, 2013, 11:58:21 AM
Well, they don't have to worry about being killed on most of the rides at Six Flags and Cedar Point, nor about being struck by lightning as long as there's a twelve-year-old in the vicinity.
Heh.

stevesh

Eydie Gorme dead at 84.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on August 09, 2013, 11:21:49 AM
Dear God, it's been 75 years since The Wizard of Oz was filmed! And not one but two Munchkins yet survive? How can it be? Witchcraft? Mummification per the Egyptian Book Of The Dead? Time travel?

Could it be portals?

ItsOver

Quote from: stevesh on August 12, 2013, 03:54:00 AM
Eydie Gorme dead at 84.

I haven't heard of Eydie and Steve in quite some time.  Sidney Liebowitz is still cranking along.  This almost a guaranteed shout-out tonight from that infamous crooner, Dave Noorie.

Quote from: stevesh on August 09, 2013, 11:58:21 AM

Hey, Stevesh... out of curiosity, who IS that Detroit Tiger?  Is that a very young Al Kaline?

Tray von Gutenberg

Quote from: West of the Rockies on August 13, 2013, 04:23:19 PMHey, Stevesh... out of curiosity, who IS that Detroit Tiger?  Is that a very young Al Kaline?

Heavens to Betsy no! Al wore #6. That is Rocky Colvavito in the early 60s.

Thanks for the info.  I've certainly heard Rocky's name before, but he retired just about a year before I became aware of baseball. 

Eddie Coyle

The most malevolent of BOC members...Allen Lanier dead at 67.

*Please, no cowbell references.

ItsOver

We always need "more cowbell." ;)

SNL ( Christopher Walken - More Cowbell )

Love BOC.  Plus some of the coolest covers in music.

stevesh

'That '70s Show' star Lisa Robin Kelly dead at 43. What a shame.

Lunger

Quote from: stevesh on August 16, 2013, 05:43:29 AM
'That '70s Show' star Lisa Robin Kelly dead at 43. What a shame.

Damn!  Is that her zombie?

Elmore Leonard, author of 'Get Shorty' and 45 other novels including 'Killshot' and 'Maximum Bob' has died at 87. Now that's a nice long run.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 20, 2013, 07:59:50 AM
Elmore Leonard, author of 'Get Shorty' and 45 other novels including 'Killshot' and 'Maximum Bob' has died at 87. Now that's a nice long run.

Wow, I had no idea he was that old. I still remember hearing adverts for his new releases on Larry King's overnight show all those years ago.

Me, too. I never thought of him as any age or maybe just timeless. He was in the middle of his 46th book when he died. That's the way to go out.

Juan

Oh, man.  One of my favorite authors.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 20, 2013, 07:59:50 AM

I am very sorry to hear about this. Leonard wrote some enjoyable novels.

Juan

Marian McPartland - jazz pianist and essayist.  Died at 95.  She had a jazz show on NPR for 30-years.
My favorite photo of her

Sardondi

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 22, 2013, 01:36:27 PM
Marian McPartland - jazz pianist and essayist.  Died at 95.  She had a jazz show on NPR for 30-years.
My favorite photo of her
I would often listen to her on rainy Saturday afternoons. Wasn't she married to a quite notable jazz pianist? Blind maybe? I just can't recall his name.

Juan

Jimmy McPartland - played cornet.

Sardondi

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 22, 2013, 01:50:30 PM
Jimmy McPartland - played cornet.
Was Oscar Peterson blind? Seems like she played with him or something.

Tinfoil Hat

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 22, 2013, 01:36:27 PM
My favorite photo of her

She was wonderful, especially in the 1990s. She always had on amazing musicians and often featured artists probably unknown outside of the NYC club circuit.

Morgus

http://kevinrandle.blogspot.com/2013/08/jesse-marcel-has-died.html

Sunday, August 25, 2013
Jesse Marcel Has Died
Just minutes ago I received some very sad news. Jesse Marcel, Jr. died of a heart attack on August 24. He was alone, at home, apparently reading a UFO book when he died.