• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130918 - Jonathan Reed - Alien In Freezer - New Information

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 18, 2013, 10:44:34 AM

Spinner

Quote from: bateman on September 18, 2013, 09:12:13 PM
This is a fun listen. All I've really got to say about it. Miles better than Greer.
I vividly remember when I first heard it (in the 90s). I was already in bed and the lights out. I was glued to every word. I do think that he told it better then.

widespread1

Quote from: Chine on September 18, 2013, 09:13:53 PM
GuildNavigator .sent you a PM..posting in room with errors and so forth driving me crazy.

haha Dune Reference

coaster

Must be hard to live with a lie and actively deceive people for 17 years. The money must be rolling in.

SgtRocko

Quote from: Sardondi on September 18, 2013, 09:25:10 PM
Yep. SO much better than....

Reed: "...and then I lost control of my bowels when the alien touched me."
Nameless Host of 2d-rate show: "Do you think it was an aingel?"

"Do you think if the Angel gave you some Turmeric and Lawry's Seasoning salt it would've cured your bowel distress?"

steelbot

Quote from: Sardondi on September 18, 2013, 09:21:08 PM
It wasn't comparing you to Hitler: it was comparing your story to the most ludicrous, unconvincing, non-apology imaginable.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Art: "With this story I need these breaks."
Heh.

Well I'm sorry you feel my 'apology' wasn't adequate to your specifications.  I do not wish to further continue this discusion on the forums as it's not on TOPIC - lets stay on topic shall we!  - I'll let bygons be bygons.  It surely felt as a comparison.

- This GUY IS A QUACK!! - now Suzy isn't on the seat....hrm....

PrairieGhost

Quote from: popple on September 18, 2013, 09:26:48 PM
This new evidence just caused a 505 ERROR to occur!

It was probably the alien meat in the burrito. Don't blame me!

SgtRocko

Quote from: coaster on September 18, 2013, 09:27:01 PM
Must be hard to live with a lie and actively deceive people for 17 years. The money must be rolling in.

It got Ed Dames enough to buy a Ukrainian mail order bride!

CoherentBlast

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 18, 2013, 09:09:07 PM
If he was immediately sick from this supposed radiation, it would have to be a pretty high level.  Why aren't there any radiation flashes on his 35-mm film?

Well radiation sickness takes time to set in, and he did say that he had to travel to reach the backpack where the cam was. The anomalies like that seen in footage from Pripyat during Chernobyl, was due to the residual particles floating around the area of the explosion. If he was only exposed to a craft which emitted an ionizing radiation, the cameras film would have only been affected if it was with him at the time of the exposure..

Hes full of shit, but I dont think the film theory works against him..

phrodo

Quote from: coaster on September 18, 2013, 09:27:01 PM

I'd be willing to wager he feels bad all the way to the bank and back ...

popple

He never documented the injury to his hand from touching the craft?????

Ward

Quote from: SgtRocko on September 18, 2013, 09:29:10 PM
It got Ed Dames enough to buy a Ukrainian mail order bride!

lol, true but their not together anymore

onan

Quote from: steelbot on September 18, 2013, 09:24:45 PM
but I take offense to being compare to hitler even if in jest!

Thanks for your understanding. Again, the people on this forum are not so much attacking you as they are defending MV. I won't bore you with details, but we hold him in pretty high regard. And maybe we were too harsh. But it wasn't to attack but rather defend.

Placing any significant importance on being slighted or complemented from someone you don't know will cause stress no one needs

shell88

Reed:  "By the way I now sell these exact same thermal blankets and you can buy them..."

SnapT

Just me or is Art referencing Rush Limbaugh a lot more than he used to?

SgtRocko

So... when he wrapped it like a burrito, was the Guacamole on the side, or in the wrap?  And did it come with a side of fries and small soda?

ziznak

Quote from: steelbot on September 18, 2013, 09:15:00 PM
I GOT IT - but comparing me to Adolf Hitler or the Germans like Sardondi did i feel is WAY more inappropriate!
I am a new member here - LONG time avid Art Listener, and only wanted to offer a solution for fans - of which this was the first google search i found - I'll take my stream elsewhere if desired!
It's cool man chill... I've seen the chat thing come up on a lot of boards so I just wanted to thoroughly explain to you why some forum users may yell "HITLER" and such.  Stick around your not the first person to get a chilly reception here.  We have to root out the weak posters early lest they melt down in a few weeks.

SgtRocko

Quote from: Ward on September 18, 2013, 09:30:03 PM
lol, true but their not together anymore

Even if she only spoke Ukrainian she could see Dames is a ditzy loon

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: steelbot on September 18, 2013, 08:49:32 PM
Again,

IN NO way am i attempting to deprive the forums from "use" or revenue.  I have NO control over the fact that chat is offered, nor am i taking anyone away from here by them choosing to use the irc (of which there are NO one using it) so I don't feel that I am doing anything different other than the streaming service I'm choosing to offer vs strictly an audio one.  MV if this is an issue, please let me know privately, and I'll do what I can to fix it.  I can disable chat on JTV - but that would do my listeners/fans on jtv a disservice that follow me on there for more than just Art's show.

AGAIN, folks, I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, nor take away from the spirit of these forums.  Hell I'll add a link to the forums if wanted!

i don't really see a problem with what you're doing because the chat capability isn't a primary element of what you're doing over there.  the person i complained about was inviting people to a chat room where art bell happened to be playing.  that, i felt, was too much.

coaster

Perhaps its the booze, but I'm starting to find Reed's story entertaining. It's like watching a "so bad its good" scifi movie.

onan

Quote from: SnapT on September 18, 2013, 09:30:38 PM
Just me or is Art referencing Rush Limbaugh a lot more than he used to?

I had a brief but similar thought.

popple

"i thought about burying it. i thought of leaving it on someone's doorstep"

HAHAHAHA! Like a little orphaned burrito.

Northcoaster

How did he not doucument his severe hand injury? That would have been pretty persuasive evidence.

coaster

Quote from: MV on September 18, 2013, 09:32:10 PM
i don't really see a problem with what you're doing because the chat capability isn't a primary element of what you're doing over there.  the person i complained about was inviting people to a chat room where art bell happened to be playing.  that, i felt, was too much.
Well MV, this is what bugged me.
Quote from: steelbot on September 18, 2013, 08:03:28 PM
Reminder folks

Art Bell's Dark Matter - Starts NOW Live on SiriusXM and on my own re-stream -  (there are two chat channels to live chat during the show)
But eh...moving on.

Quick Karl

I think what Art is doing is demonstrating what made Art the best there is, in the first place...

It's a teaching moment.

Northcoaster

Quote from: onan on September 18, 2013, 09:32:23 PM
I had a brief but similar thought.
Rush is an liar, but he is a brilliant radio personality.

ziznak

no pics of your injuries? 

that don't make no sense!

this whole story dont make no sense!

SgtRocko

We need to do a drinking game - every time Reed says "vomit" we take a swig.

...we should do it with Chianti and Fava beans, to go with Reed's frozen dog