• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Russia Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, August 01, 2016, 02:49:39 PM

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 18, 2016, 06:42:49 PM
Their thrust vectoring in their latest fighters is unbelievable. We have some capability but theirs is unbelievable.
I think all sides are fighting the last wars with their funding in many cases. I think (though a violation of various treaties and more scary) it is much cheaper to develop "options" in the bio-chemical weapons, space weapons, localized EMP, hacking, etc. With the human genome (and advances in other animals/plants) being mapped, 3D printing, genetic manipulation advances, and cheaper drones and space vehicles it might not just be the "big guys" that start to investigate these horrible scenarios, especially with a global trade, foreign mfg of medicines and electronics in our systems, and concentration in certain types of GMO crops and animal breeds. Take a few of those out and your cripple a country and have them begging (and one could even have "plausible deniability.") Taking off my "Dr.Evil" mask now and heading out to a hockey game.....

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 18, 2016, 06:27:36 PM
Agreed. I think six weeks isn't unusual for western subs to stay submerged. The cold war had many missions involving NATO subs hanging around Soviet ships and harbours listening out. Very brave, because detection would have been catastrophic.

This is a terrific book on that subject, for anyone interested.
https://www.amazon.com/Blind-Mans-Bluff-Submarine-Espionage/dp/006097771Xa

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 18, 2016, 06:52:34 PM
Really not sure if it helps in jinking. I just know it looks cool at air shows.

*laughs*  Almost word for word what an F-15 pilot told me after watching an SU do the "Cobra Maneuver" at the Dayton International Airshow.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 18, 2016, 07:06:18 PM
*laughs*  Almost word for word what an F-15 pilot told me after watching an SU do the "Cobra Maneuver" at the Dayton International Airshow.

For one thing, I'm sure that this pilot understood that the Russians would be flying against very "jinky" AA missiles, often more than one and some long-range, more so than other airplanes per se. Also, he understands the electronic edge that many Western airforces (as well as Japan and South Korea) have and will have over the Russians and Chinese, including stealth.

theONE

"World-fastest Russian MiG-31 interceptor jets practice in stratosphere over Kamchatka in Far East"
https://www.rt.com/news/361038-mig-plane-russia-drills/
Published time: 29 Sep, 2016 09:53

The MiG-31 (NATO code name Foxhound) is a Soviet-design supersonic interceptor, the world’s fastest aircraft in service today.

The main challenge of flying in the upper atmosphere, or stratosphere, is the highly rarefied air.
The planes reach altitudes of more than 10 thousand meters (32,808 feet), which reduces engine capacity and makes it harder to control the aircraft.
It can reach an altitude of 30,000 meters and is capable of shooting down even low-orbit satellites at an altitude of up to 120 kilometers (75 miles).
It is also able to intercept targets flying at speeds of up to five times the speed of sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiXt1cOBDQA

Jackstar

Oh look, news from rt again. How droll.

theONE

Quote from: Herr Doktor Starr on November 18, 2016, 11:46:01 PM
Oh look, news from rt again. How droll.

What's wrong with that you closed minded intellectual midget ??

analog kid

Quote from: theONE on November 18, 2016, 11:52:39 PM
What's wrong with that you closed minded intellectual midget ??

It's Russian state-run media. You might as well be using the DPRK as a source.

theONE

"Sukhoi PAK FA T-50 Stealth Amazing Demonstration Airshow - World Most Powerful"
The Sukhoi PAK FA (Russian: Сухой ПАК ФА, Russian: Перспективный авиационный комплекс фронтовой авиации,
Perspektivny Aviatsionny Kompleks Frontovoy Aviatsii, literally "Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation") is a fifth-generation fighter programme of the Russian Air Force.

The T-50 is the name of the prototype aircraft (though it is unlikely it will be the name for the production aircraft) designed
by Sukhoi for the PAK FA programme. The aircraft is a stealthy, single-seat, twin-engine jet fighter,
and will be the first operational aircraft in Russian service to use stealth technology.
It is a multirole fighter designed for air superiority and attack roles. The fighter is planned to have supercruise, stealth,
supermaneuverability, and advanced avionics to overcome the prior generation of fighter aircraft as well as ground and maritime defences.

The T-50 prototype first flew on 29 January 2010 and the first production aircraft is slated for delivery to the Russian Air Force
starting in late 2016 or early 2017.
The prototypes and initial production batch will be delivered with a highly upgraded variant of the AL-31F
used by the Su-27 family as interim engines while a new clean-sheet design powerplant is currently under development.
The aircraft is expected to have a service life of up to 35 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaYsmjUAM3A

theONE

Quote from: Al Capone's Vault on November 19, 2016, 12:50:09 AM

and ?? ?? - so what ?? ??
are you suggesting that because is Russian state-run media that 100% what that are reporting is a 100% lie ??
are you suggesting that 100% of the news reported by American media is 100% true ??

you reasoning is on the level of a 2 years old chimpanzee --give me more intelligent argument otherwise I will consider
you inferior to a door knob 

norland2424

Quote from: theONE on November 19, 2016, 12:56:19 AM
and ?? ?? - so what ?? ??
are you suggesting that because is Russian state-run media that 100% what that are reporting is a 100% lie ??
are you suggesting that 100% of the news reported by American media is 100% true ??

you reasoning is on the level of a 2 years old chimpanzee --give me more intelligent argument otherwise I will consider
you inferior to a door knob

RT is a propaganda news site, as much as the major news websites in America are too

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Al Capone's Vault on November 19, 2016, 12:50:09 AM

but PBS and the BBC are alright though?

theONE

From all the links that I posted here so far from RT if anyone of you proves to me that info in it is false
I will print that article and eat it... if you can not do that I suggest that you do one of the two things
or- stop reading my posts here from RT -or STFU

I think this is a fair and manly propositions...because you starting to act like a bunch of whining pussies 
point to at least one article that is a fabricated lie by RT -or- STFU ..... DEAL ??

norland2424

Quote from: theONE on November 19, 2016, 01:23:08 AM
From all the links that I posted here so far from RT if anyone of you proves to me that info in it is false
I will print that article and eat it... if you can not do that I suggest that you do one of the two things
or- stop reading my posts here from RT -or STFU

I think this is a fair and manly propositions...because you starting to act like a bunch of whining pussies 
point to at least one article that is a fabricated lie by RT -or- STFU ..... DEAL ??

keep on posting em, just know that they lie like American news channels too

theONE

Quote from: norland2424 on November 19, 2016, 01:24:59 AM
keep on posting em, just know that they lie like American news channels too

At least you have open mind.

Not that I think that Russians are 100% pure and always truthful and not manipulating certain stories,.. but I'm finding 
that RT is set up very smart, their stories actually are very honestly presented when I check them against some major European news outlets.

This is not your old Soviet Union where the media was calling white black and black white looking you straight in the eyes.
Todays Russia is much more sophisticated than average American can imagine,...they have some very intelligent people there
so for those of you who like just to dismiss articles from RT just because they are from Russian state controlled media is not very
open minded.

I think it is very wise to check what other news agencies in the World are saying,.. your domestic media proved it gazzillion times
that they brain wash you on regular basis,..so checking out "your enemy" media might be of benefit,..I think

theONE

"Minister's arrest doesn’t mean U-turn in Russian economic policy" â€" Kremlin
https://www.rt.com/business/367265-ulyukaev-russia-economic-policy/
Published time: 17 Nov, 2016 14:13

*The arrest of Russia's Economy Minister Aleksey Ulyukayev will not affect the country’s development plans,
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Thursday.
Ulyukayev was detained on Tuesday after being accused of taking a $2 million bribe to green light oil major Rosneft's takeover
of smaller rival Bashneft. Both oil companies are state-owned, and the privatization of Bashneft filled a budget hole
caused by lower earnings from energy sales.*

..Siberian prison might be his destination or ...bottom of the river -or absolutely nothing ??
would be interesting to follow what will be his faith

Jackstar

Quote from: theONE on November 19, 2016, 01:42:22 AM
I think it is very wise to check what other news agencies in the World are saying,..

www.whatdoesitmean.com

theONE

"Two-thirds of Russians want Putin to remain president after 2018" â€" study
https://www.rt.com/politics/367092-two-thirds-of-russians-want/
Published time: 16 Nov, 2016 09:37

*The share of Russians who would prefer Vladimir Putin to continue leading their country after the 2018 presidential polls
has risen to a four-year high and is currently at 63 percent, according to the latest public opinion poll.*

...hahaha ha ha, this is going to pissed off many Putin haters, suck d-k haters, Vlad is making Russia Great again :) 8)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Al Capone's Vault on November 19, 2016, 05:59:29 AM
Jesus.

He won't help you with your questionable news sources, you hack shill!  ::)

Seriously, anything other than ad hominem shock and disgust these days?!  ???

Quote from: theONE on November 19, 2016, 12:50:11 AM
"Sukhoi PAK FA T-50 Stealth Amazing Demonstration Airshow - World Most Powerful"
The Sukhoi PAK FA (Russian: Сухой ПАК ФА, Russian: Перспективный авиационный комплекс фронтовой авиации,
Perspektivny Aviatsionny Kompleks Frontovoy Aviatsii, literally "Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation") is a fifth-generation fighter programme of the Russian Air Force.

The T-50 is the name of the prototype aircraft (though it is unlikely it will be the name for the production aircraft) designed
by Sukhoi for the PAK FA programme. The aircraft is a stealthy, single-seat, twin-engine jet fighter,
and will be the first operational aircraft in Russian service to use stealth technology.
It is a multirole fighter designed for air superiority and attack roles. The fighter is planned to have supercruise, stealth,
supermaneuverability, and advanced avionics to overcome the prior generation of fighter aircraft as well as ground and maritime defences.

The T-50 prototype first flew on 29 January 2010 and the first production aircraft is slated for delivery to the Russian Air Force
The prototypes and initial production batch will be delivered with a highly upgraded variant of the AL-31F
used by the Su-27 family as interim engines while a new clean-sheet design powerplant is currently under development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaYsmjUAM3A

LOL we had that crap back in the early 80`s. What ya reckon they have flying out of Groom Lake these days?? :-X :)

Jackstar

There's been human antigrav at least since the 50s. Y'all are sheep.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: theONE on November 19, 2016, 04:02:42 AM
"Two-thirds of Russians want Putin to remain president after 2018" â€" study
https://www.rt.com/politics/367092-two-thirds-of-russians-want/
Published time: 16 Nov, 2016 09:37

*The share of Russians who would prefer Vladimir Putin to continue leading their country after the 2018 presidential polls
has risen to a four-year high and is currently at 63 percent, according to the latest public opinion poll.*

...hahaha ha ha, this is going to pissed off many Putin haters, suck d-k haters, Vlad is making Russia Great again :) 8)

Putin: " Can you make sure RT place a story that the proles are behind me for at least the next two years"

Lacky:  "Of course comrade Putin, it is your TV station afterall."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2016, 09:48:53 AM
He won't help you with your questionable news sources, you hack shill!  ::)

Seriously, anything other than ad hominem shock and disgust these days?!  ???

Shill isn't Latin.. but ad hominem is. Keep going...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 19, 2016, 03:47:24 PM
Shill isn't Latin.. but ad hominem is. Keep going...

It's funny to me how you assume that your being British gives you an air of respectability.  :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: theONE on November 19, 2016, 12:50:11 AM

Yeah, I bet they are!  In other words the r&d department are years behind and whatever they try isn't good enough, and the budget is way over expected already.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2016, 03:49:17 PM
It's funny to me how you assume that your being British gives you an air of respectability.  :D

No child. You assume I think I'm respectable. But that doesn't say a lot; the stains you leave in the back of your skiddies have more  respectability than you.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 19, 2016, 03:53:11 PM
No child. You assume I think I'm respectable. But that doesn't say a lot; the stains you leave in the back of your skiddies have more  respectability than you.

No, I just know you to be a sanctimonious windbag who never actually says much and yet you seem to keep trying. I suppose tenacity passes for respectability in Britain these days.  ;)

Jackstar

https://youtu.be/r5JjwXiPYPc

The existence of this work needs must be incorporated into anyone's worldview. Go.

theONE

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 19, 2016, 03:50:27 PM
Yeah, I bet they are!  In other words the r&d department are years behind and whatever they try isn't good enough, and the budget is way over expected already.

pud,you making no sense ,..but that's not a news to anybody here