• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150804 - Jay Weidner/Stanton Friedman Debate - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 04, 2015, 09:30:52 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: Bounder on August 05, 2015, 12:12:24 AM
Worst show yet.
I'm not a fan of this Jay character.  I hope he's just a one hit guest.  Next.

ChandlersDad

Stan seems to have given up on trying to talk seriously with this guy. He's just coasting right now, letting the audience make their own decisions.

Jay used to be on C2C a lot. He used to make a lot of apocalyptic predictions about 2012. He also believed in massive Illuminati conspiracies that should have come to fruition already. Jay never goes backwards. When he is proved wrong, he just goes on to something new. A slick hustler.

Alienmojo

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 05, 2015, 12:13:56 AM
Room 237 is pure crap and unwatchable.
Pure crap.. but I disagree. It's as fun to watch as listening to this show is tonight. Both total BS.

flimflam384

Quote from: ItsOver on August 05, 2015, 12:14:04 AM
I'm not a fan of this Jay character.  I hope he's just a one hit guest.  Next.

I wouldn't call him a "hit" exactly... more like a one miss guest.

bielek

What is Weidner talking about, "we didn't land on the moon." What a load of crap. While I appreciate the whole Kubrick "2001 was somehow practice for how to fake landing on the moon" thing for its sheer audacity and mastery of the realm of bullshit. It is just that. I feel badly for Stanton.

And why are people posting pictures of Hoagland(Hoaxland)?

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 05, 2015, 12:13:45 AM
I didn't start workin at JSC until 1982, but I have met several of the astronauts, and worked with or for all of the people that worked Mission Control and training.  People like Gene Kranz, Flight Director, Steve Bales, LEM front room console, Bill Sturm, LEM back room console, Randy Stone, Flight Director, Frank Hughes, astronaut training.  The way they answered my questions convinced me we went.  The recent LRO pictures of the landing sites were just secondary confirmation.

Agreed. Although I'm majorly jealous. Those guys are legends!

It's about as valid as the Paul Is Dead documentary about how Paul McCartney died in the mid-60s and was replaced with a body double.  ;D

SciFiAuthor

What, you don't think Kubrick inserted his portrait into the clouds in the opening scene? You have a closed mind, sir.  :P

ShayP

Quote from: bielek on August 05, 2015, 12:14:58 AM
What is Weidner talking about, "we didn't land on the moon." What a load of crap. While I appreciate the whole Kubrick "2001 was somehow practice for how to fake landing on the moon" thing for its sheer audacity and mastery of the realm of bullshit. It is just that. I feel badly for Stanton.

And why are people posting pictures of Hoagland(Hoaxland)?

The guests have mentioned him several times.  Plus...He's becoming a cult figure in the comedy genre.  :D

ItsOver

Quote from: flimflam384 on August 05, 2015, 12:14:48 AM
I wouldn't call him a "hit" exactly... more like a one miss guest.
Agree.  A one miss wonder BS'er.

trostol

Quote from: malachi.martini on August 05, 2015, 12:15:52 AM
Best show yet, classic even. Fringe radio, remember?

entertaining but i disagree..Dvorak(sp?) was the best show yet

Stanton sounds like he sparked a couple of joints before the show tonight. Dude is laaaiiidddd back tonight when he's usually super aggressive on Woo.

Dyna-X

I really find the choice of Stanton Freidman to debate Weidner to be an odd choice. Stanton is not an expert in the Apollo program. It just this whole debate seems to be very base theater for those that understand the Apollo program and the history.

ChandlersDad

Did Stan just admit that he has slept with radioactive astronauts?

Tapkaara

Quote from: Dyna-X on August 05, 2015, 12:16:40 AM
I really find the choice of Stanton Freidman to debate Weidner to be an odd choice. Stanton is not an expert in the Apollo program. It just this whole debate seems to be very base theater for those that understand the Apollo program and the history.

Agreed. He's struggling with his answers and rebuttals.

ShayP

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 05, 2015, 12:16:41 AM
Did Stan just admit that he has slept with radioactive astronauts?

I didn't hear it because the sound of me swallowing my vodka and 7UP drowned it out.  ;D

I'm afraid if I call in tonight, I'm going to violate one of Art's rules.

ShayP

Quote from: whiptrackercracker on August 05, 2015, 12:18:11 AM
I'm afraid if I call in tonight, I'm going to violate one of Art's rules.

You'll be fine.  just think of the children.

Anytime people have this kind of emotional response to a narrative being challenged, I'm always suspect of the narrative.