• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151116 - Jill Heinerth - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, November 16, 2015, 07:11:17 PM

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 16, 2015, 11:18:50 PM
Too bad because I had this great idea of programming you with a bug and sending you back in  :P

Hmmm, that might be an interesting experience

starrmtn001

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 16, 2015, 11:18:12 PM
Panic spoils the ambiance and imperils the lifespan.
I guess the same could be said for living life. ;)

Quote from: Juan Cena on November 16, 2015, 11:18:04 PM
Talk about Anonymous wants me want to hear Art interview Alan Moore, the creator (with David Lloyd) of V for Vendetta, which Anonymous swiped the idea of using the Guy Fawkes mask as a symbol of opposition to authority.
Yup ! Good flick too

FLLFlash

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 16, 2015, 11:12:33 PM
And mental control. Panic will get you killed.

To add to what I said before - You do have to be good at solving problems that arise calmly when the other alternative is immediate death. Not thinking about the death part is a big step towards a solution.

albrecht

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 16, 2015, 11:18:12 PM
Panic spoils the ambience and imperils the lifespan.
I hear it is the cross-currents and especially stirring up silt that gets you killed but certainly panic is likely involved! I'm somewhat panicky just swimming or jumping in some of those places. The water is so nice and cold though so who can resist.

Coffeeman

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 16, 2015, 11:21:22 PM
Yup ! Good flick too

You ever read the original comic (graphic novel?). It was pretty cool, too.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan Cena on November 16, 2015, 11:18:04 PM
Talk about Anonymous wants me want to hear Art interview Alan Moore, the creator (with David Lloyd) of V for Vendetta, which Anonymous swiped the idea of using the Guy Fawkes mask as a symbol of opposition to authority.

Alan Moore would be an awesome interview. Likewise Grant Morrison.

Zzzzillion

Well, I'll give this one a shot, but I foresee a snoozefest.

"So, what's it like to dive underwater?"

"It's AMAZING Art."

Okeydoke.

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 16, 2015, 11:21:47 PM
To add to what I said before - You do have to be good at solving problems that arise calmly when the other alternative is immediate death. Not thinking about the death part is a big step towards a solution.
Very true.

albrecht

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 16, 2015, 11:21:22 PM
Yup ! Good flick too
I never read the book but don't get the Guy Fawkes stuff? The dude trying to blow up Parliament, arguably a 'democratic' institution, in service of the Papacy is now the idol of anarchists? Really? They think Rome is is such a place of freedom and no secrets or political intrigue etc?  :o

Juan Cena

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 16, 2015, 11:22:57 PM
Alan Moore would be an awesome interview. Likewise Grant Morrison.

I sent a message to [Redacted] suggesting Moore and Morrison as guests. Not to mention Gaiman and Ellis (I either pimp Ellis around here either too much or not enough).

Quote from: Coffeeman on November 16, 2015, 11:22:52 PM
You ever read the original comic (graphic novel?). It was pretty cool, too.
No, but in my experience, books, even the comic books, are better than the movie.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan Cena on November 16, 2015, 11:26:20 PM
I sent a message to [Redacted] suggesting Moore and Morrison as guests. Not to mention Gaiman and Ellis (I either pimp Ellis around here either too much or not enough).

I'm not familiar with Ellis. I'll have to check his stuff out. Did you hear that Morrison is the new editor of Heavy Metal magazine?

Zzzzillion

Quote from: albrecht on November 16, 2015, 11:25:22 PM
I never read the book but don't get the Guy Fawkes stuff? The dude trying to blow up Parliament, arguably a 'democratic' institution, in service of the Papacy is now the idol of anarchists? Really? They think Rome is is such a place of freedom and no secrets or political intrigue etc?  :o

Kinda' like the nitwits walking around with Che Guevara shirts without the slightest idea of who he was, what he stood for, and his unfortunate tendency towards mass murder.

FLLFlash

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 16, 2015, 11:20:41 PM
I guess the same could be said for living life. ;)

Yes on the ambience side / Not so imminently on the lifespan side. If you panic in an overhead diving situation you are dead, sometimes knowing you are going to be dead for a little while before it actually ends. I know of situations where people got really comfy and just died (without panicking) cause they knew it was coming. (Think about being lost inside a shipwreck or a cave.) 

Coffeeman

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 16, 2015, 11:30:03 PM
Kinda' like the nitwits walking around with Che Guevara shirts without the slightest idea of who he was, what he stood for, and his unfortunate tendency towards mass murder.

I worked in aGap store for a summer between semesters. We actually carried that shirt for a time.

starrmtn001

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 16, 2015, 11:32:10 PM
Yes on the ambience side / Not so imminently on the lifespan side. If you panic in an overhead diving situation you are dead, sometimes knowing you are going to be dead for a little while before it actually ends. I know of situations where people got really comfy and just died (without panicking) cause they knew it was coming. (Think about being lost inside a shipwreck or a cave.)
Point, well taken (just got a shiver.  Yikes).

coaster

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 16, 2015, 11:30:03 PM
People are stupid.

FLLFlash

Quote from: albrecht on November 16, 2015, 11:22:46 PM
I hear it is the cross-currents and especially stirring up silt that gets you killed but certainly panic is likely involved! I'm somewhat panicky just swimming or jumping in some of those places. The water is so nice and cold though so who can resist.

Silting and low visibility are weird, but conquerable as long as you're not claustrophobic. Most oil rig diving (which involves a lot of underwater welding) is done in almost zero visibility. Cold water, no viz and welding - this never was of interest to me. There's lots to see in a cave or shipwreck as long as you bring your lights along.

Quote from: albrecht on November 16, 2015, 11:25:22 PM
This might help:
QuoteDespite the fact that Guy Fawkes was essentially an anarchist terrorist, the likeness of Fawkes has been taken up by many to stand for protest in the face of tyranny all over the world.
and
Pro /  Con

Zzzzillion

Quote from: Coffeeman on November 16, 2015, 11:32:26 PM
I worked in aGap store for a summer between semesters. We actually carried that shirt for a time.

I'm such a bigmouth, I'd have a hard time ringing that purchase up without asking a few questions.

"Will that be all? We have a lovely new line of Stalin flip flops. Just came in."