A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Morgus

Its now April 1st - so perhaps before the end of tonight's show John Wells or Lear will say "April Fools" ?

Who is the more unbelievable guest: (1) Lear (2) Hoagland (3) Dames (4) Quayle (5) Alex Jones
Each man can take any event and weave into it unspeakable levels of mystery and conspiracy that fit right in with their own insane view of reality.  How about a show with all five of them spinning a great web that would cover every possibility. A person could read a random sentence from any book and these five would then be free to show us all what we are missing and what the sentence really means.  :P

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on April 01, 2012, 01:22:02 AM
Who is the more unbelievable guest: (1) Lear (2) Hoagland (3) Dames (4) Quayle (5) Alex Jones... How about a show with all five of them spinning a great web that would cover every possibility...

The Unified Theory of Nooronity

Designx

It's an April Fools joke everyone -- waiting for him to let it out.

Hugo Fitch

Quote from: Designx on April 01, 2012, 01:39:53 AM
It's an April Fools joke everyone -- waiting for him to let it out.

Wish I'd thought of that before sending a FastBlast to John Wells, ripping him a new one for allowing this unhinged lunatic Lear spew this nutcake batter without objection. Oh well.

Morgus

tonight's c2c show has been one of the best April Fools jokes ever... :D

Designx

I had a hunch that big foot came from mars -- now it's confirmed. Thanks John.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Morgus on April 01, 2012, 02:53:16 AM

Agreed, but only for Overall Level Of Bizarreness; I deducted points for Execution.

If it was a joke, then either:
1) Lear is otherwise serious about his claims, BUT crazier than we thought for NOT realizing that something like this could only hurt whatever shred of credibility he might have had with anyone.  Or,
2) Lear has been pranking us the whole time he's been in the public eye.

I smell the faint aroma of Phil Hendrie about that show.  That call-in guest toward the end, "Dr. Joe Resnick," even sounds like a Hendrie character, in name and in overblown bizarreness.    And Lear's throwaway line about the supposed cities on the moon: "they have malls that make ours look like 7-11s" -- you can imagine a Hendrie character saying something like that!

Quote from: Morgus on April 01, 2012, 02:53:16 AM

Without a doubt! They had some good ones going and the long pauses at times were probably them laughing behind the cough button.

Sure did beat Snoory's past April fools garbage. Hell, anything beats listening to Snoory! Thanks for the laugh JBW!

aldousburbank

Phil Hendrie doesn't suck!

EnterDragon

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on April 01, 2012, 01:22:02 AM
Who is the more unbelievable guest: (1) Lear (2) Hoagland (3) Dames (4) Quayle (5) Alex Jones
Each man can take any event and weave into it unspeakable levels of mystery and conspiracy that fit right in with their own insane view of reality.  How about a show with all five of them spinning a great web that would cover every possibility. A person could read a random sentence from any book and these five would then be free to show us all what we are missing and what the sentence really means.  :P

Agreed for the most part. Alex Jones is completely ridiculous and hard to listen to, but out of all of these names I'd say Quayle spews the least propaganda. Regardless, I hate listening to his nazi ass.

b_dubb

I vote Hoagland. He's batshit crazy but you'll never hear him quote Revelations

Quote from: b_dubb on April 01, 2012, 12:52:40 PM
I vote Hoagland. He's batshit crazy but you'll never hear him quote Revelations

Hoagland is entertaining, too. If you have a shot every time he mentions he was Walter Cronkite's science advisor, you'd have a pretty good party going a half hour into his interview.

The others, on the other hand, have made careers out of ramping up fear and paranoia. I mean, death camps in Indiana? The shuttle that never preceded the killshot? The lunar soul catcher? Granted, the killshot would make a good drinking game, but the sheer batshit crazy harmlessness of Hoagland is missing.

Caller #1 last night sure as hell sounded like Wells was grooming his own Hoagland: batshit crazy alright, but not as entertaining.

aldousburbank

Having not yet reviewed the John Wells/Phil Hendrie Coast mashup show, my 1st impression was that it was a good natured poke at the Noory train wreck; portals, and who knows included.

hosehead

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on April 01, 2012, 01:23:22 PM
Caller #1 last night sure as hell sounded like Wells was grooming his own Hoagland: batshit crazy alright, but not as entertaining.

Caller #1 last night was terrible, and Wells made an even bigger mess of the call. Turned off the radio after that.

MartinDenny

Wells sounds like some burned out old FM rock jock from the 70's, who wasn't creative, but simply was hired for that "growly voice". I think he likes the idea of being the host, more than actually doing the real job. Noory had to have hand picked this dullard. He's a cliche within a cliche. Larry "The Cable Guy" is more cerebral than this joker. Everything is dark, and paranoia is the pass word in this guys 1 act play.

Quote from: MartinDenny on April 01, 2012, 03:29:37 PM
...I think he likes the idea of being the host, more than actually doing the real job...

That sure sounds familiar.  Does George Noary realize Wells is stealing his schtick.

Quote from: MartinDenny on April 01, 2012, 03:29:37 PM
... He's a cliche within a cliche...

Whereas George is a douche within a douche..

michio

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on April 01, 2012, 01:23:22 PM

Hoagland is entertaining, too. If you have a shot every time he mentions he was Walter Cronkite's science advisor, you'd have a pretty good party going a half hour into his interview.

The others, on the other hand, have made careers out of ramping up fear and paranoia. I mean, death camps in Indiana? The shuttle that never preceded the killshot? The lunar soul catcher? Granted, the killshot would make a good drinking game, but the sheer batshit crazy harmlessness of Hoagland is missing.

What I find amusing and repulsive is when a learned guest, say a levelheaded psychologist who's discussing how paranoia destroys people's lives, and how spreading misinformation about science/medicine is harmful because it ultimately doesn't help people form reasoned and helpful decisions but leads them to knee-jerk emotional responses, Noory or (fast-tracking Noory's fear train groove) Wells will act innocently, knowing well they are an integral part of the problem and are guilty of committing the nefarious deeds the psychologist is discussing. Where's the culpability of truth in that type of interview as it's glaringly absent amongst the deafening silence of the host.

The talk on the program may be harmless entertainment to them, but judging from some of the "whacked out" callers, I don't agree with their casual assessment.  Take Noory's "I just want the truth" hypocritical crap he drills into your head, along with the nightly indoctrination of his anti-science and religious beliefs, and you've peeled back the layers of his twisted psyche to expose the nasty man hiding behind the nice guy curtain.

In anticipation of your thoughts, Bell was similar to an extent with Dame's killshot and HAARP hype, but Noory has taken it to an all-new extreme, losing any sense of rationality by never knowing (or caring) when to pull back on the reigns before going over the edge of the cliff and falling into the pit of insanity. Noory doesn't sense when enough has become too much and he's passed that line. Unfortunately, I feel that Wells has decided that his only option is to transform himself into a deeper voiced Captain Noory version 2, ejecting any originality from the mother ship and refusing an escape pod departure to a place where he might have otherwise delivered a welcome and different style of entertaining and informative interview, while providing a much needed improvement to the show.

texaskdog

Quote from: EnterDragon on April 01, 2012, 12:01:46 PM

Agreed for the most part. Alex Jones is completely ridiculous and hard to listen to, but out of all of these names I'd say Quayle spews the least propaganda. Regardless, I hate listening to his nazi ass.

Jones does have proof for all of his claims.  Most people just choose not to look.

Quote from: michio on April 02, 2012, 03:53:29 AM
... Noory or (fast-tracking Noory's fear train groove) Wells will act innocently, knowing well they are an integral part of the problem... Wells has decided that his only option is to transform himself into a deeper voiced Captain Noory version 2, ejecting any originality from the mother ship and refusing an escape pod departure to a place where he might have otherwise delivered a welcome and different style of entertaining and informative interview, while providing a much needed improvement to the show.

Wells understands that for a person working in a corporate envirronment with little talent and few skills, another path to suckcess is to dress, talk, and act the way the boss does.  I can just picture Wells and Noary siting at a bar, Wells telling George "yeah, sychronicity is cool, and I don't believe in coincidences either.  Tell me again about the first time you realized 2012 is coming"....

b_dubb

Quote from: texaskdog on April 02, 2012, 08:25:28 AM

Jones does have proof for all of his claims.  Most people just choose not to look.
Actually, when people look the proof chooses to be bullshit

El Kragen

Props to Wells for putting together a pretty good April Fool's show. Well played.

Of course it was no "Toast to Toast AM" or telling LMH she was fired from C2C while live on the air. That's the stuff of legend. A true radio pro at work. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

b_dubb

<sarcasm>
Quote from: El Kragen on April 04, 2012, 10:49:34 AM
Props to Wells for putting together a pretty good April Fool's show. Well played.

Of course it was no "Toast to Toast AM" or telling LMH she was fired from C2C while live on the air. That's the stuff of legend. A true radio pro at work. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
</sarcasm>
there. now I can look at this post without scratching out my eyes

texaskdog

Quote from: El Kragen on April 04, 2012, 10:49:34 AM

I would love to hear LMH fired.  I'd play that over & over again.  Surprised Wells likes her, otherwise seems like he could be okay, in time.

blackshap9

Quote from: texaskdog on April 02, 2012, 08:25:28 AM

Alex Jones has admitted on air this past week that he prefers the republicans in power. As far as proof goes, please spare me the details. Art never believed any of the nonsense coming out of Alex's mouth. If you do your own research 99% of what Alex says is just not the WHOLE truth. After years of my own research I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that he is a fraud and does not represent the true alternative media.

Alex Jones and Coast are owned and/or influenced by right wing media companies/agendas. Just another element of psychological control.
Art by his own words was and is a fiscal conservative and a social democrat with  libertarian influences or social libertarian as he sometimes put it.

hosehead

Quote from: blackshap9 on April 04, 2012, 12:59:41 PM
Alex Jones and Coast are owned and/or influenced by right wing media companies/agendas. Just another element of psychological control.

Don't believe for a second that the broadcast radio actually believe or care about what they are spewing, it is down to ratings.  "Conservative" gets ratings on talk radio, and that is kind.  Premier would happily put your average communist on if it would get some good ratings in key groups.

Don't always believe the hosts actually believe what they are spewing, either.  I think there are only a couple of them who are honest.

blackshap9

John B Wells is perhaps the dumbest guy on radio. His interview with John Lear was a pathetic. The dribble coming out of their mouths was not even amusing. The moon is hollow and an atomic bomb went off in the pacific. Coast is now a disinformation network. I question all companies that now advertise on this show and will not indorse or ever purchase a product. People need to take a course in REASONING or CRITICAL THINKING and stop listening to people like alex jones, john b wells, linda m howe and ufo boy from dreamland.

Has anyone noticed that the real smart guests only come on once a year now. Imagine a 4 hour interview with snorery asking the same questions over and over again.

blackshap9

Quote from: hosehead on April 04, 2012, 01:08:24 PM
Don't believe for a second that the broadcast radio actually believe or care about what they are spewing, it is down to ratings.  "Conservative" gets ratings on talk radio, and that is kind.  Premier would happily put your average communist on if it would get some good ratings in key groups.

Don't always believe the hosts actually believe what they are spewing, either.  I think there are only a couple of them who are honest.

I agree

blackshap9

Quote from: hosehead on April 04, 2012, 01:08:24 PM

I agree except when it come to john b wells. He is so stupid he doesn't know his ars from his elbow

Quote from: blackshap9 on April 04, 2012, 01:16:20 PM
John B Wells is perhaps the dumbest guy on radio. His interview with John Lear was a pathetic. The dribble coming out of their mouths was not even amusing. The moon is hollow and an atomic bomb went off in the pacific. Coast is now a disinformation network. I question all companies that now advertise on this show and will not indorse or ever purchase a product. People need to take a course in REASONING or CRITICAL THINKING and stop listening to people like alex jones, john b wells, linda m howe and ufo boy from dreamland.

Has anyone noticed that the real smart guests only come on once a year now. Imagine a 4 hour interview with snorery asking the same questions over and over again.

I wouldn't even know how to describe the current version of Coast anymore.  It's not information.  It doesn't even rise to the level of disinformation.  It's certainly not entertainment.  It's not a stepping stone in a hosts career. 

I guss it's a paycheck for a few dead-enders, and pointless useless content - something, anything, to air when they figure most people are asleep.