A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Quote from: PortlandDangler on March 19, 2012, 11:55:54 PM
Bless you sir,

Every one hates the doom and gloom and Noory is a NERF HERDER!

Who you callin' scruffy lookin'?

...sorry.
/end nerd

Usagi

Art he ain't, but he is certainly much better than Noory.  Not that that's a great compliment, but I can listen to a whole show of his (I listened to last Saturday's show, and the bible-thumping was at a relative minimum).  He actually attempts to have conversations with people.  He doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humour or wonder, but just the fact that he doesn't sound like the brainless and cheesy Sunday fill-in host for the local top 40 station is a start.

Still sucks, though.

El Kragen

I recently went back and listened to two of his shows and I thought he did a decent job. The topics were interesting so maybe that helped. He didn't take any calls. Is that the norm for him? If so then his stock just went up with me.

Quote from: El Kragen on March 22, 2012, 06:06:16 PM
I recently went back and listened to two of his shows and I thought he did a decent job. The topics were interesting so maybe that helped. He didn't take any calls. Is that the norm for him? If so then his stock just went up with me.

Which shows? He rarely takes calls

El Kragen

Quote from: HorrorReporter on March 22, 2012, 07:53:27 PM
Which shows? He rarely takes calls

I listened to Feb 25th with Jonanthan Zapp and George Hart and March 10th John Scura and Douglas Dietrich.

Wells isn't great but imo does a much better job hosting than Noory. Low bar, I know but he seems like he actually does show prep, reads up on the guest and material, doesn't come across as a little kid interviewing an adult, doesn't interrupt, doesn't ask idiotic questions. Most importantly doesn't waste valuable air time with calls from listeners. He mentions emails he gets from listeners during the show which is fine by me.

Eddie Coyle

Not taking calls is definitely a tactical victory. The average C2C caller in 2012 is either certifiably insane, monumentally stupid or a nice combo of the two. Lurch Wells does need to realize that empty spaces aren't the best idea for a broadcast, his 3 second caesuras seem much longer.

texaskdog

Quote from: b_dubb on March 11, 2012, 12:07:06 AM
i remember the last election where dubbya drove the country into the ground and everyone looked around and said we'd better not vote for another old white guy.  and palin being an idiot.  one old fart away from the driver seat.  had mccain won.

mccain ran a terrible campaign.  he was too old to run for office.  and he chose a running mate that proved to be something of a dumbass.  i've asked this question elsewhere on this site but i'm going to ask it again: had mccain won ... would we be scaling down military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan? or would we be expanding military operations?

Keep in mind the same media that knocked Palin for saying stupid things ignored everything dumb Obama did

texaskdog

Wells makes Noory sound like a genius.  Guess all I have left is Knapp and Ian for 3 nights a months

Morgus

This guy is back on again right now for the first hour:

b_dubb

Quote from: Morgus on March 24, 2012, 11:26:01 PM

did he escape?  or did he get a furlough from the funny farm?

PChirp

Quote from: Morgus on March 24, 2012, 11:26:01 PM

God Almighty---it's just cruel to put this guy on late at night.  I was literally nervous after making it through the hour interview with Wells.  Left feeling as if I'd done a bump of coke, downed several Red Bulls, hypertensive and somehow teetering on the verge of purchasing his DVDs to re-experience the rush.  This over-stimulation at 2am cannot be healthy.  Is it just me or does anyone else think he resembles the "Night Stalker"?

testpattern

Quote from: texaskdog on March 23, 2012, 01:25:16 PM

Keep in mind the same media that knocked Palin for saying stupid things ignored everything dumb Obama did

Yep... I remember that media unfairly asked her tricky questions like "what newspapers do you read?".....

WOTR

Quote from: b_dubb on March 24, 2012, 11:42:15 PM
did he escape?  or did he get a furlough from the funny farm?
I don't know where he came from... But I really wish that they would bring him on C2C to discuss one of the other areas of his expertise; Soviet zombies!

What better topic to discuss than zombies on coast to coast with a guest who fancies himself an expert of real live (or undead) zombies coming from Russia with love.  Below is the cover of a book he sells on his site (no, I did not doctor it; there is no way to make it any better than it already is.)

As a side note, I had to turn off the radio during the interview with Tim Ball.  I realized after hearing him ramble on for around two or three minutes without so much as a question, laugh or grunt from our "host" Wells that he had fallen asleep again and the good doctor was left to ramble on endlessly talking to himself.  While I appreciate that Wells does not want to "pull a Noory" and ask stupid questions I do wish that he would ask one (or at least grunt in agreement so that we know he is not asleep at the switch.)

Quote from: WOTR on March 25, 2012, 03:04:08 AM
I don't know where he came from... But I really wish that they would bring him on C2C to discuss one of the other areas of his expertise; Soviet zombies!
Darn, every time Dietrich is on with Wells I have to work!  The time Dietrich was on with Noory, the producer told him not to talk so fast.  I do hope no one told Dietrich or Wells not to talk fast when they were on together.  That would really lessen the effect.  I will listen to the mp3 on my C Crane Witness at 1.5 speed to make it even more mind boggling!

preston

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on March 25, 2012, 05:45:04 AM
Darn, every time Dietrich is on with Wells I have to work!  The time Dietrich was on with Noory, the producer told him not to talk so fast.  I do hope no one told Dietrich or Wells not to talk fast when they were on together.  That would really lessen the effect.  I will listen to the mp3 on my C Crane Witness at 1.5 speed to make it even more mind boggling!
Darn I missed the show.Or should I say I deceided to listen to Ben Maller.
Dietrich is just a rambler that puts together stats that know one can verify.

CoastCanuck

John B. did a live chat on Coast Insider last night... the transcript is posted.   

Nebraska888

Initially, I liked Wells.....however, his conspiracy topics/government stuff is BORING to me.  Also, yes, he lets the guests go on and on and on and on.......GN interrupts too much....Wells needs to be more engaged.

Leaving me with my two favs:  Knapp and Punnett

b_dubb

Douglas Dietrich is clearly full of whit but he's damn entertaining

Somehow the John Wells scored John Lear. Isn't that interesting.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2012/03/31

b_dubb

Quote from: b_dubb on March 29, 2012, 06:04:28 PM
Douglas Dietrich is clearly full of whit but he's damn entertaining
can you spot the auto correct screw up in the quoted text?
damnyouautocorrect.com

Morgus

Quote from: HorrorReporter on March 30, 2012, 11:05:29 AM
Somehow the John Wells scored John Lear. Isn't that interesting.
strange that John Lear's longtime friend George Knapp didn't have him on again recently...
John Lear was a close friend of Bob Lazar in Las Vegas back when he worked at Area 51/S4 and took him out to see some of the scheduled saucer test flights from a distance.

morphiaflow

But ultimately how interesting can it really be when I'm pretty sure Wells falls into the "aliens-are-really-demons-and-abduction-is-a-satanic-deception" camp?

Quote from: morphiaflow on March 30, 2012, 01:42:27 PM
But ultimately how interesting can it really be when I'm pretty sure Wells falls into the "aliens-are-really-demons-and-abduction-is-a-satanic-deception" camp?

Reminds me of the 10 minute part of the show, widely circulated on youtube, where Lear tells Art Bell that there is no god and Eisenhower knew it.. etc etc.

I have high hopes that John B Wells will do decent. I think he has tons of material to work with.. his reaction to what he hears will be the fun part since we don't know where he will come at everything..

As for why Lear went with Wells over Knapp?
Well, now that question makes thing more interesting to me...

b_dubb

Knapp is sick Lear and his idiotic paranoid fantasies

preston

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 23, 2012, 10:21:08 AM
              Not taking calls is definitely a tactical victory. The average C2C caller in 2012 is either certifiably insane, monumentally stupid or a nice combo of the two. Lurch Wells does need to realize that empty spaces aren't the best idea for a broadcast, his 3 second caesuras seem much longer.
It takes about 3 seconds to take a hit off a joint.

Nebraska888

I've poured my wine....on my front porch in the  midlands with 70 degree temps at 11:30ish......listening to Art from 1996....and, hoping Coast with Wells with be interesting enough that a second glass of wine will be in my "future"......
John Lear....uhmmmmm....I agree.....I'd say that if Lear was still relavant.....Knapp would have had him as a guest.  However, one can always hope for the best.  Call me an optimist.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: preston on March 30, 2012, 05:42:52 PM
It takes about 3 seconds to take a hit off a joint.
Let's see...hold on...about 2.6 for me. Far out.

Quote from: b_dubb on March 30, 2012, 04:57:51 PM
Knapp is sick Lear and his idiotic paranoid fantasies

Hmmmm. interesting observation.  Just how long does it take George Knapp to get sick of a guest with idiotic paranoid fantasies?  Does it vary with different guests?  Topics?

hosehead

He is worse than Noory.

There, I said it.

Morgus

John B. Wells had open lines for the first hour instead of a guest - the first time he has done that I believe.
Now he has longtime c2c guest John Lear on now as the main guest.
Lear started right off with a new conspiracy about the mag 9.0 earthquake off the coast of Japan that resulted in the tsunami and nuclear power plant disaster last year.
Lear claims that it was really caused by an atomic blast set off by Israel as payback for Japan supplying nuclear materials to Iran? :o