• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Jackstar

This constant whining about Bill Hicks and Stratfor is an aspect to Trump's victory I did not anticipate.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: A Star Is Born on November 19, 2016, 03:28:55 PM
This constant whining about Bill Hicks and Stratfor is an aspect to Trump's victory I did not anticipate.

They just can't handle the fact that he's currently the most reputable journalist in the USA.  ;)

chefist

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 19, 2016, 02:59:47 PM
I didn't call anybody Hitler, duck killer.

Argue with a liberal, get called an animal abuser...what's next on the talking points list?

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 19, 2016, 03:06:31 PM
One of my friends believes that Alex Jones is a complete fraud who doesn't believe a word that he says, but just frightens people to sell his survivalist products.  He tells me that that is a popular conspiracy with many former Alex Jones listeners.

I could be wrong about this, but I understand that Jones endorses many of the products sold on his program, so not only does he make money from the advertisements, he also makes money from the endorsements, if that is true. 

He's certainly a shrewd businessperson. Who knows, he may be a future President of the United States.

The first time I listened to Jones on C2C, I thought he was a bit of a con artist and flim flam man.  I still think that but he's taken it to another level and may be actually starting to believe some of his rhetoric.  I think he is genuine when he talks about Trump and the like.  However, not so much when he talks about Bohemian Grove and the Bilderbergs.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 19, 2016, 01:33:59 PM

Mitt Romney: 'Donald Trump is a fraud'

www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-35721069

Remember the time when mutual distrust and contempt actually stood for something?  :-\

Trump meets Romney: President-elect and fierce critic in discussions

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38037591

No?

Politicians saying things during a campaign they don't really mean.... This is new to you?

Any complaints about Obama and what he said about Hillary Clinton when he was running against her in 2008 compared to what he said about her in 2016?

MV/Liberace!

Here are some photos I snapped from the "Madam President" issue of Newsweek (which needlessly killed many trees):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nj2ygtcnvaij2lg/newsweek.zip?dl=0

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 19, 2016, 03:44:26 PM
The first time I listened to Jones on C2C, I thought he was a bit of a con artist and flim flam man.  I still think that but he's taken it to another level and may be actually starting to believe some of his rhetoric.  I think he is genuine when he talks about Trump and the like.  However, not so much when he talks about Bohemian Grove and the Bilderbergs.

Oh yeah? SPIRIT COOKING!

I'll just leave you with that.  ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on November 19, 2016, 03:46:08 PM
Any complaints about Obama and what he said about Hillary Clinton when he was running against her in 2008 compared to what he said about her in 2016?

michelle had some reeeeeally nice things to say back in 2008, as well.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 19, 2016, 03:06:31 PM
One of my friends believes that Alex Jones is a complete fraud who doesn't believe a word that he says, but just frightens people to sell his survivalist products.  He tells me that that is a popular conspiracy with many former Alex Jones listeners.

I could be wrong about this, but I understand that Jones endorses many of the products sold on his program, so not only does he make money from the advertisements, he also makes money from the endorsements, if that is true. 

He's certainly a shrewd businessperson. Who knows, he may be a future President of the United States.

Most "personalities" don't believe the shit they spew.  Same goes for Rush Limbaugh and Art Bell.

chefist

Quote from: mv on November 19, 2016, 03:46:51 PM
Here are some photos I snapped from the "Madam President" issue of Newsweek (which needlessly killed many trees):

I really wish Trump would take a Truman type pic!

Value Of Pi

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 19, 2016, 10:42:36 AM
The Social Security act of 1935, fair labor standards act of 1938, a whole shitload of banking regulations etc. etc.. But why Bannon would reference FDR's social programs is mystifying, if that was indeed what he was referencing.

I thought the 1930s reference was the most interesting part of the interview since Bannon seemed to use that to help tease what his broad vision for America is. Tease is the right word because we don't know what that vision is and he isn't anxious to spell it out. But I think it's safe to assume that he has one and that, in his mind at least, it's cohesive and makes sense.

The other thing that jumped off the screen at me was the statement about Republicans ruling or governing for fifty years (presumably uninterrupted by any opposition party) if Trump is even moderately successful. When was the last time you heard an American politician talk or brag about that kind of political dynasty which would last longer than four or eight years?

George Wallace comes to mind with his "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" speeches. Of course, there was also the thousand-year Reich in Germany and the new Roman Empire in Italy. The Soviets also had their master plan for Communism being inevitably where the whole world would end up. The point being that this kind of thinking tends to go with extreme ideologues who have very ambitious visions of remaking the world according to their philosophies.

So for now we have a White House strategist who wants us to think that what he really, really believes in deep down is jobs, jobs, jobs. People can just accept that at face value or, more healthily, question his grandiose and mostly hidden vision for the U.S. and the world. I think we should keep asking questions and start getting some answers.

mikuthing01

Quote from: mv on November 19, 2016, 03:46:51 PM

If i download this then see pictures of myself in my underwear on google images i am going to team up with falkie in a class action lawsuit

Juan

Jayne Mansfield was born in 1933.  That was pretty good while she kept her head.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2016, 03:47:04 PM
Oh yeah? SPIRIT COOKING!

I'll just leave you with that.  ;)

LOL.  I didn't hear much of what Jones had to say about that.  Still, I think the whole spirit-cooking issue was much ado about nothing.  You have some pseudo-intellectual artist who is trying to be edgy and wants her work noticed so she creates a mythology that the art was created by mixing urine, sperm, menstrual blood and the like.  Artists now unfortunately have to sink to low levels to garner attention for their work.  That is part of the devolution of culture that is taking place in our country and the West in general right now.

136 or 142

Quote from: Che' Fi' on November 19, 2016, 03:32:58 PM
Argue with a liberal, get called an animal abuser...what's next on the talking points list?

If you're going to make up accusations about me, at least they ought to be correct, duck killer.

chefist

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 19, 2016, 03:57:55 PM
If you're going to make up accusations about me, at least they ought to be correct, duck killer.

Poor, 136...no more CTR checks...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 19, 2016, 03:55:33 PM
LOL.  I didn't hear much of what Jones had to say about that.  Still, I think the whole spirit-cooking issue was much ado about nothing.  You have some pseudo-intellectual artist who is trying to be edgy and wants her work noticed so she creates a mythology that the art was created by mixing urine, sperm, menstrual blood and the like.  Artists now unfortunately have to sink to low levels to garner attention for their work.  That is part of the devolution of culture that is taking place in our country and the West in general right now.

You admit to not having looked into it and yet you consider it much ad about nothing. Forgive me if I consider your opinion uninformed. It may be much ado about nothing but it may also be a child pedophile ring and a philosophy that would justify that. I think for now it's safe to consider that there may indeed be something more ominous behind things like Bohemian Grove than mere ceremony.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Value Of Pi on November 19, 2016, 03:50:44 PM
I thought the 1930s reference was the most interesting part of the interview since Bannon seemed to use that to help tease what his broad vision for America is. Tease is the right word because we don't know what that vision is and he isn't anxious to spell it out. But I think it's safe to assume that he has one and that, in his mind at least, it's cohesive and makes sense.

The other thing that jumped off the screen at me was the statement about Republicans ruling or governing for fifty years (presumably uninterrupted by any opposition party) if Trump is even moderately successful. When was the last time you heard an American politician talk or brag about that kind of political dynasty which would last longer than four or eight years?

George Wallace comes to mind with his "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" speeches. Of course, there was also the thousand-year Reich in Germany and the new Roman Empire in Italy. The Soviets also had their master plan for Communism being inevitably where the whole world would end up. The point being that this kind of thinking tends to go with extreme ideologues who have very ambitious visions of remaking the world according to their philosophies.

So for now we have a White House strategist who wants us to think that what he really, really believes in deep down is jobs, jobs, jobs. People can just accept that at face value or, more healthily, question his grandiose and mostly hidden vision for the U.S. and the world. I think we should keep asking questions and start getting some answers.

I think the only answers you'll get are ones saying what Trump expects of people, no debate. Unquestioning loyalty or be very careful.. Comrade Trump knows all.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 19, 2016, 04:02:12 PM
I think the only answers you'll get are ones saying what Trump expects of people, no debate. Unquestioning loyalty or be very careful.. Comrade Trump knows all.

Do you encounter Americans who are willing to perform the same service you do for your politicians, pud? Or do we just not give a shit what's going on in your rinky dink little island?  ???

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 19, 2016, 03:55:33 PM

Is it bad art or degenerate art? The former is art you can choose not to buy or go to see. The latter is something dangerous to society which needs to be forcefully stamped out.

136 or 142

Quote from: Che' Fi' on November 19, 2016, 04:01:05 PM
Poor, 136...no more CTR checks...

The next election cycle has already started.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2016, 04:01:47 PM
You admit to not having looked into it and yet you consider it much ad about nothing. Forgive me if I consider your opinion uninformed. It may be much ado about nothing but it may also be a child pedophile ring and a philosophy that would justify that. I think for now it's safe to consider that there may indeed be something more ominous behind things like Bohemian Grove than mere ceremony.

I don't equate the "pizza" controversy to the spirit-cooking "art".  I think there very well could be something to the whole "pizza" thing.  It does sound like they were using a code.  Whether it was code for a child pedophile ring has yet to be determined but I'm inclined to believe that it very well could be. You're right though,  I am rather uninformed about it.  I try to not dwell on such matters unless it affects me.  Hillary was defeated and that is all that matters to me.  If she wasn't, maybe I would have delved into the subject further.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on November 19, 2016, 04:05:07 PM
Is it bad art or degenerate art? The former is art you can choose not to buy or go to see. The latter is something dangerous to society which needs to be forcefully stamped out.

It is both.  Sure I would like to see it stamped out but not by law.  People have the right to express themselves in any manner they choose to so long as it does not harm others.  We as a culture can choose not to be party to it and make our feelings known that it is unacceptable.  I don't like censorship in any form.  Let a free society decide if there is a place for this sort of crap. Yes, a small circle of perverts may get their rocks off on this sort of thing behind closed doors but maybe we can limit the media coverage of it without censorship.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 19, 2016, 04:02:12 PM

If that's the only clear answer we get, the sooner we get it, the better. Bannon's a cagey guy and Trump will say anything to "succeed," so getting to a consensus on what they're doing, sooner rather than later, will be very important.

Disappointed and disillusioned Trump voters need to be part of that consensus, assuming that the Trump presidency turns out to be a sham like Trump University.

Dr. MD MD

I just heard that a Chicago, IL congressman's son was just killed in a home invasion. Tragic but ironic given their stance on crime and sanctuary cities.  ::)

chefist

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2016, 04:22:25 PM
I just heard that a Chicago, IL congressman's son was just killed in a home invasion. Tragic but ironic given their stance on crime and sanctuary cities.  ::)

Yea, very sad. I'm afraid nothing will change, though.

analog kid

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 19, 2016, 04:11:59 PM
I don't equate the "pizza" controversy to the spirit-cooking "art".  I think there very well could be something to the whole "pizza" thing.  It does sound like they were using a code.  Whether it was code for a child pedophile ring has yet to be determined but I'm inclined to believe that it very well could be. You're right though,  I am rather uninformed about it.  I try to not dwell on such matters unless it affects me.  Hillary was defeated and that is all that matters to me.  If she wasn't, maybe I would have delved into the subject further.

You seem to have made up your mind there, Alex Jones.