• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Belles

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 05, 2018, 12:00:01 AM
Did you hear the reverse speech?  Wow!

No. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll watch later.

Sean92008

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on June 05, 2018, 12:03:25 AM
What is funny is that if you give out left over food to the homeless you can get fined.
...but needles for drugs or condoms, eh, no problem!

teknoslag

Quote from: heater on June 05, 2018, 12:00:17 AM
You know whats funny?  I created the image they are using as the ‘logo’ on that facebook account. I created it for Art. I maintain my rights as a copyrighted and versioned multimedia media asset.  Can I have a lawyer too?

Then I deduce you are the poe.

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 04, 2018, 11:57:33 PM
Folks don't seem to realize that the entire power grid could be ran from an air-gapped 386 with properly coded software. Fuck all the "Smart Grid" shit.

1980s Amiga has been running the AC and heat in 19 schools for 30 years

https://www.geek.com/g00/geek-cetera/commodore-amiga-computer-has-been-running-the-acheat-in-19-schools-for-30-years-1625147/?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3D&i10c.ua=1&i10c.dv=14

albrecht

Quote from: teknoslag on June 05, 2018, 12:06:21 AM
Then I deduce you are the poe.

Wasn't  Lee Ving, rocker the murderer or some role, considering different outcomes theater-based?

zeebo

Outages will only get worse in the future, with the "internet of things".  Your faraday-caged car still won't start without a connection to your toaster.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Father Jack on June 03, 2018, 01:58:46 PM
And their feces.
Yes Padre, looks like a shit donut off to the far right!

Aquarius

Quote from: albrecht on June 04, 2018, 11:39:42 PM
REX-84, man.

FEMA just cuts checks, if you live in good neighborhoods. And puts you in formaldahyde Chinese trailers if you're not.

FEMA and a smallish city in Texas just paid up to a friend of mine who suffered total catastrophic loss of her home, her business, one of her dogs... literally everything except what she had on her back and her laptop computer and cell phone and chargers which she carried herself. Her house and warehouse for her business were condemned as she lived in a known flood plain, which will definietly flood again should there be another storm like Harvey.

FEMA put her through a nightmare demanding documents that had been destroyed and receipts for her posessions that either were also destroyed or she didn't have even though she had photos in her computer of everything in her house and warehouse, her car, her jet ski, etc. After tortuous nightmares and several months, they finally paid her enough that she was able to relocate to North Carolina and have a little left over.

FEMA and her city required her to sign a document agreeing not to rebuild the destroyed house or warehouse on the sites, and paid her a nice fee to agree. A month later a realtor contacted her to tell her a contractor wanted to buy her two land plots at a very good sale price if she would sell quickly. The city approved the sales. The contractor razed the destroyed buildings and is building new cheap houses on both sites... in the flood plain.

My friend ended up with something more out of the ordeal than her house and warehouse were worth and was able to start her business all over again in her new location, at much lower cost. Go figure. Now she has to deal with recovering from the extreme life-threatening trauma and experiences of catastrophic loss she went through for weeks and then months following her relocation. (I'll spare you the story).

If that's not insanity, I'm not sure what is... but oh wait, I temporarily forgot about the drama we're all following! It's all too much, time for sleep.

ge30542

Heather, since Art checked out, the future ain't what it used to be, is it?

Aquarius

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 04, 2018, 11:40:51 PM
Gods they're deluded.

*court examines posts from heather wade*

Time to put Keith face down in the desert mafia style? No, that's not a threat. Calling and threatening Keith isn't harassment. All the incredibly libelous things they've repeatedly posted about Keith will make them look really good, doncha think? Pot calling the kettle black? Pfaff!

zeebo

Quote from: Kolchak on June 05, 2018, 12:14:38 AM
"If you ever apply for a broadcast position"

Taking back the night! (Sat. afternoons after Sports Talk)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Kolchak on June 04, 2018, 11:49:37 PM
It's awesome that Dave is willing to show up and crank out an interesting program in the face of technical difficulty as opposed to, say, pouting in a corner.

I agree, and the guest has been interesting (and unsettling!). Enjoying it.

Doomed

Listening to Dave here, and a thought struck me. Dave on the phone with the guest reminds me of the old days of Long John. A real old school AM radio sound...kinda tinny, with a lot of pops and hissing. (phoneline lashups thru a trunking system) Early Larry King had the 'sound' as well along with many late night call in shows. Retro. 8)

Belles

It's been great Dave, as always.

Sean92008

Isn't it the goal of the globalists to eliminate as much extraneous human life (especially the middle class American-types who think for themselves)?

Doomed

Quote from: Kolchak on June 04, 2018, 11:49:37 PM
It's awesome that Dave is willing to show up and crank out an interesting program in the face of technical difficulty as opposed to, say, pouting in a corner.
Isnt it though? I was thinking the same thing. He's a pro.

Sean92008

Quote from: Aquarius on June 05, 2018, 12:18:16 AM
Time to put Keith face down in the desert mafia style? No, that's not a threat. Calling and threatening Keith isn't harassment. All the incredibly libelous things they've repeatedly posted about Keith will make them look really good, doncha think? Pot calling the kettle black? Pfaff!
So, was that threat reported to Facebook???  By multiple people?

Sean92008

Was this a Heather-bound booking or was this the new era MitD-found guest?

So glad these 3 hours went so quickly.

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 05, 2018, 12:38:14 AM
Isn't it the goal of the globalists to eliminate as much extraneous human life (especially the middle class American-types who think for themselves)?

The adrenochrome must flow.

Sean92008

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 05, 2018, 12:44:35 AM
The adrenochrome must flow.
There's no loyalty in anarchy, correct?

WinWinS

Quote from: spookcat on June 04, 2018, 11:54:17 PM
That's how you know Dave was a great pick to take over the show.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Morgus on June 04, 2018, 11:33:47 PM
Could perhaps HW be worried so much about keeping the show name "Midnight in the Desert" because all of her precious Art Bell recorded bumpers use that name and so would not be useable anymore if the name is changed?

I am sure that is it

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 03, 2018, 06:21:40 PM
Yes!  An "Art Bell's Pahrump" documentary-style video with plenty of local color and maybe Karen on camera, with a special "Live from the Cuckshed" ambush at the end!  Just stay clear of Sheriff Wehrle.
Don't worry about the Sheriff, just catch her on a day when she uses the bath room and forgets her gun there. I wonder how long it took her to really realize it was gone and not on her hip or wherever she puts it .

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 03, 2018, 07:16:33 PM
fixed
Cracking me up, now that right there is some funny shit now!!!

Since Dave's show is sounding like a success, but he isn't on weekends, how come Keith doesn't bring Heather back to do host weekends? It's a win-win situation. She has a loyal fan base, and for the haters, she has entertainment value.

Spookcat

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on June 05, 2018, 01:12:25 AM
Since Dave's show is sounding like a success, but he isn't on weekends, how come Keith doesn't bring Heather back to do host weekends? It's a win-win situation. She has a loyal fan base, and for the haters, she has entertainment value.

Heather doesn't want anything to do with Keith and vice versa. She doesn't have entertainment value and she lost subscribers when she was hosting. Plus who would want to work with her after all she's said?