GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - The long-awaited search warrants in Prince's death have been unsealed, revealing a lengthy list of prescription medications found throughout the singer's estate, some in the name of one of his oldest confidants -- and several containing controlled substances.
The search warrants, made public Monday morning, show more than 100 white capsules labeled Watson 853 were hidden in Aleve and Bayer Aspirin bottles and found in numerous rooms inside Paisley Park.
An online search reveals a multitude of sources that say that capsule is a mixture of acetaminophen and hydrocodone, a prescription classified as a narcotic.CVS prescription bottles under the name Kirk Johnson -- Prince's former drummer, bodyguard and close, personal friend -- were found in the dressing room and mirror room. Each contained several different kinds of controlled substances.
Johnson has been working with Prince since the early 1980s. He is one of the only people who had unrestricted access to Paisley Park.
Investigators say after learning of Prince's toxicology screening, which showed he had a lethal dose of Fentanyl in his system at the time of his death, they found no prescriptions issued under his name -- but Johnson had a prescription for Oxycodone, which was prescribed by Dr. Michael Todd Schulenberg.
Schulenberg is the same doctor who was at Paisley Park on April 21 (the day of Prince's death) when deputies arrived on scene and the same doctor who admitted to authorities, he prescribed Oxycodone for Prince on April 14, the day before he overdosed while returning from a show in Atlanta, forcing his plane into an emergency landing.Schulenberg told detectives he put that prescription in Johnson's name for Prince's privacy. *****Is that even Legal?*****
Search warrant executed April 21:
-15 white capsules (Watson 853) discovered in a second floor dressing room
-CVS pharmacy bottle under the name of Kirk Johnson/7 green capsules
-8 orange oval pills inside suitcase in mirror room/second floor
-Bayer bottle/64 white pills with Watson 853
-Aleve bottle with 20 ½ tablets labeled Watson 853
-Pamphlet for Recovery Without Walls (rehab center)
It's been nearly a year since Prince died from an accidental overdose at the Paisley Park estate, after being found unresponsive in one of the elevators.
Despite the search warrants which reveal Prince's access to other controlled substances, investigators still haven't traced the source of the Fentanyl that killed him, according to the latest search warrants filed last September. http://www.wfaa.com/news/prince-docs-reveal-several-prescription-drugs-in-confidants-name/431848290