Author Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered  (Read 5493 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2017, 02:05:37 AM »
When children murder, it's shocking. Even more shocking and unimaginable is when children murder their own parents. The youngest person ever charged with multiple counts of murder in Canada is Jasmine Richardson, who was 12 years old at the time of the crime. She and her then-23-year-old boyfriend, Jeremy Steinke, murdered not only her parents, Marc and Debra, but also her eight-year-old brother, Jacob, in cold blood.

On April 23rd, 2006, the bodies of Marc and Debra Richardson and their eight-year-old son were discovered in their home by a six-year-old boy who saw their bodies lying on the floor through a window. Marc and Debra's lifeless bodies were discovered lying on the ground on the first floor while little Jacob was found upstairs, lying on a bed. The police found that the couple's 12-year-old daughter, Jasmine Richardson, was missing from the home, and they feared that she had possibly been abducted. However, evidence started piling up quickly that ruled kidnapping out and pointed to her involvement in the murders.

Twenty-three-year-old Jeremy Steinke was a goth and self-proclaimed 300-year-old werewolf who purportedly met 12-year-old Jasmine Richardson at a punk rock concert in 2006. Jasmine immediately became enamored with him and the goth lifestyle. They were in love; while awaiting trial behind bars, Jeremy even proposed to Jasmine through an exchange of jailhouse letters. She accepted.

When Jasmine's family found out about her 23-year-old werewolf boyfriend, they became furious, grounding her and forbidding her from seeing him. For Jasmine and Jeremy this was reason enough for them to die.

Re: Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2017, 07:50:35 AM »

OKLAHOMA -- It's a case that has been a mystery for nearly 35 years. A woman found dead, shot multiple times. The killer tried to get rid of the body by covering it with a powerful chemical, likely hoping it would dissolve the body quickly.

Investigators would like to find the killer, but they can't because they have no idea who the victim is.

"We're still hopeful. We really believe at some point we're going to get a break in this case.," Captain Bob Green, with the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office said.

The case dates back to April 1980. The young woman's body was found along the banks of a river just outside of Jones, Oklahoma. She was found by a group of fisherman.

"Well, it was a very violent crime," Green said.

To this day, the victim's true identity is still unknown. Her body was buried at a cemetery in Oklahoma City. Finding out who the woman is would hopefully lead to finding her family, and ultimately, her murderer.

"There's really no way to pursue an investigation as far as working the crime because we have no idea who she is. We have to figure that out first," Green said.

"The positioning of her arms suggested she was drug into the location where we actually located her at," Cathy Foote, a technical investigator with Oklahoma County said.

"She has been murdered, dumped, and covered in lime," Green said.

She was also shot at least three times in the chest.

According to the autopsy report, one of the bullets was still in her chest. When removing it, the medical examiner also found a dime in the wound. The dime, likely in her pocket at the time of the murder, was embedded in her chest by the force of the bullet.

The strangest part of it all is that her body was covered in lime or calcium carbonate. The chemical is sometimes used to decomposing brush and tree stumps. In this case, it did the complete opposite.

"Due to the moisture in the air from the river, it actually helped preserve the body. It almost mummified it," Green said.

In fact, investigators believe her body had been there for a couple of weeks. Typically, within that time, a body would have started to decompose. But in this case, the lime preserved her to the point they could still find wounds from where she was shot, see some of her features, and even clearly find a heart tattoo on her chest.

While investigators followed hundreds of leads, they were never able to identify the woman.

"She's known only at this time as the lime lady," Green said.

Capt. Green believes someone somewhere has to know who she is, has to wonder where she is.

"I have a theory she may have been a foster child, maybe a runaway at some point. That could be one reason why no one has been looking for her," Green said.

He says that theory is just speculation.

"She belonged to somebody. Somebody knew her. She had to have friends, family," Foote said.

Numerous sketches have been released by investigators who have tried to reconstruct her face. The efforts have been done over and over again, trying to find someone who recognizes her. Each release does bring new leads, but so far, no answers.

It's a mystery that investigators say still haunts them.

"Somebody knows something," Green said.

In recent years, "Lime Lady's" DNA has been checked against a database of missing persons from across the country. No match has been found.

She is believed to have been a white female in her early 20's, around 5 feet 7 inches tall.

If you have any information that could help police figure out who she is, please call the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office. There have been several rule outs on this lady; Here is her file on NAMUS:

Re: Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2017, 06:35:53 AM »

Tim Hennis' case kicks the video off. Crazy story!
Courtroom experts call it a one-of-kind murder mystery that some people believe has yet to be completely solved. The remarkable story of Timothy Hennis and the stabbing deaths of a mother and two small girls is full of shocking legal twists and turns.
During the course of 21 years, Hennis underwent three trials for the same crimes in three courtrooms. The case puts constitutional questions about double jeopardy squarely under the spotlight.

Re: Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2017, 05:07:52 AM »

 Jay Cook and Tanya Van Cuylenborg went missing after what was supposed to be a day trip to Seattle. After not arriving, and not calling, Tanya was found partially clothed but raped and strangled. Police began to suspect that Jay killed Tanya... until Jay's lifeless body was found bound under a bridge. What made the case even CRAZIER was that sometime after the murders took place, the families of the victims started receiving cards in the mail from all over the US being taunted with the deaths of the two teens.

Tanya, 17, and Jay, 20, were running an errand for his father. Once they got off the ferry in Seattle that night the couple simply vanished. Scharf says, “They obviously were abducted in downtown Seattle and King County.”

Their bodies were found a few days later in two different counties. “Jay’s body was found below High Bridge which was on the Crescent Lake Road. Tanya was taken up to Skagit County, south of Alger, and she was shot and raped and left by the side of the Parson’s Creek Road,” recalls Det. Scharf.

According to this, the police originally believed the letters to have been written by someone with some connection to the crime (and it was determined they were all written by the same person). However, in 2010 they identified the writer as a man in his 70's with "severe mental issues" and after questioning him, they don't believe he had any involvement with the murders.

Re: Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2017, 09:44:32 AM »
Shortly after being born in 1954 to Harald and Dagmar Alexander, Frank Alexander was proclaimed a prophet of God by his father, an extremely religious zealot. And as a prophet of God, every command that Frank made had to be obeyed by everyone in the family, which included his older sister Marina and his younger twin sisters, Sabine and Petra.As Frank became a teenager, he decided that having sex with females outside of the family would make him unclean. He announced he was only going to have sex with his sisters and mother, and they all agreed because it was their way of serving God. The police in Hamburg, Germany, where the family lived, heard about the rumors, but when an investigation was launched, the Alexanders moved to the Canary Islands for more privacy. While living there, the family kept to themselves, and the neighbors didn’t see much of them. The only thing they heard was an organ being played at all hours of the day. On December 22, 1970, a doctor came home to his villa and found Sabine, who was 15 at the time and worked there, making a meal in the kitchen. Sabine took him to the patio where Frank, now 16, and Harald were resting. Both were covered in a dark substance that the doctor thought was dirt. Upon seeing his daughter, Harald said, “Sabine, dear, we want you to know at once that Frank and I have just finished killing your mother and sisters.” Instead of being mortified, Sabine took her father’s bloodstained hand, put it to her cheek, and said, “I’m sure you’ve done what was necessary.” When Harald noticed that the doctor was there, he addressed him and again admitted that he and Frank killed his 39-year-old wife, 18-year-old Marina, and 15-year-old Petra. That’s when the doctor realized that what he thought was mud and dirt on the two men was actually blood. The doctor told the living family members to wait at the villa while he called the police. When officers arrived at the apartment, they came across a scene that would make most people’s nightmares look tame. Everything was covered in blood. There was blood on the ceiling, the walls, and the floor. In the middle of the living room were the bodies of Marina and Petra. Both had their breasts and genitals removed; they were found nailed to a wall. Marina had also been disemboweled. In the bedroom, Dagmar was also dead. Like her daughters, Dagmar’s breasts and genitals were cut off. Dagmar’s heart was also cut out. A cord was tied around it, and it was nailed to the wall.Frank and Harald were arrested, and at the police station, they freely talked about the bloodbath. Frank said that his mother was giving him a look he didn’t think was appropriate, so he beat her into unconsciousness with a clothes hanger. Understanding what was happening, Harald went to the organ and started playing while singing his praises to Jesus. Frank then went into the living room and beat Marina into unconsciousness and then did the same to Petra. Once they were unconscious, Frank started cutting up the bodies while his father continued to play the organ and sing. When Frank became tired he took his turn on the organ while Harald continued hacking up the bodies.Harald said that the women knew that the “hour of killing” could happen at any time. They also knew their role as a sacrifice in the “holy time,” and they had accepted this role because they were serving God. Neither men felt guilty for what they did because they sent the women to Heaven. Frank and Harald were found unfit to stand trial and were placed into an asylum. Sabine was sent to live in a convent where she presumably still lives.

Re: Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2017, 10:55:44 AM »

Kelly Dove disappeared from her job at the old Imperial gas station on South Main Street, near Dukes Plaza, early on the morning of June 18, 1982. Kelly's three sisters all worked at the Imperial station, then the lone building on an isolated stretch of road about a mile south of the James Madison University campus. On Thursday night, June 17, Kelly agreed to trade with one of her sisters and work the overnight shift. After midnight on June 18, Kelly called Harrisonburg police to report that a man driving a silver Ford had been harassing her. In a second call, she reported the man had come in and had been dressed improperly.She'd received a threatening phone call, and when she called police a third time, just before 2:30 a.m., she sounded panicked. Please hurry, she said. He's back. Police arrived at the station just two minutes after Kelly's third call, but they found only her purse and a magazine she'd been reading undisturbed on the counter. Kelly has never been seen again.


The police in Harrisonburg have had a few suspects throughout the years, but never anything positive. They have looked at connections to other similar cases, some solved, some unsolved, with no resolution as to what happened to Kelly. The man who formerly investigated this case, Lt. Hubert B. Myers, told press with the Skyline Newspaper in 1991 that police had developed one main suspect in this case, but not enough evidence could be found to charge him. This suspect had also shown deception in a lie detector test administered to him by police in regards to the Kelly Bergh Dove disappearance. Myers told press at that time that despite an amassed 400 page file on the case and 300 suspect or witness interviews, no conclusion to this case has been in sight.

Myers also stated in 1991 that their main suspect in the case had admitted to police that he had exposed himself to a woman at this very same Imperial Gas Station in years past and that he had a history of making obscene, harassing phone calls to women. A search warrant was issued to explore the property where the man lived, but nothing in connection with Kelly's disappearance emerged.

Re: Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2017, 11:20:48 PM »

The 91-year-old widow lived by herself in a tumbledown house on a desolate country road. But she wasn't alone, not really, not as long as she could visit her husband and twin sister.
No matter they were already dead. Jean Stevens simply had their embalmed corpses dug up and stored them at her house — in the case of her late husband, for more than a decade — tending to the remains as best she could until police were finally tipped off last month.
Much to her dismay.
"Death is very hard for me to take," Stevens told an interviewer.
As state police finish their investigation into a singularly macabre case — no charges have been filed — Stevens wishes she could be reunited with James Stevens, her husband of nearly 60 years who died in 1999, and June Stevens, the twin who died last October. But their bodies are with the Bradford County coroner now, off-limits to the woman who loved them best.
Then, last year, June was diagnosed with cancer. She was in a lot of pain when Jean came to visit. The sisters shared a bed, and Jean rubbed her back. "I'm real glad you're here," June said.
On Oct. 3, June died. She was buried in her sister's backyard — but not for long.
"I think when you put them in the (ground), that's goodbye, goodbye," Stevens said. "In this way I could touch her and look at her and talk to her."
She kept her sister, who was dressed in her "best housecoat," on an old couch in a spare room off the bedroom. Jean sprayed her with expensive perfume that was June's favorite.
"I'd go in, and I'd talk, and I'd forget," Stevens said. "I put glasses on her. When I put the glasses on, it made all the difference in the world. I would fix her up. I'd fix her face up all the time."
She offered a similar rationale for keeping her husband on a couch in the detached garage. James, who had been laid to rest in a nearby cemetery, wore a dark suit, white shirt and blue knitted tie.
"I could see him, I could look at him, I could touch him. Now, some people have a terrible feeling, they say, 'Why do you want to look at a dead person? Oh my gracious,'" she said.
There was another reason that Stevens wanted them above ground.
She is severely claustrophobic and so was her sister; she was horrified that the bodies of her loved ones would spend eternity in a casket in the ground. "That's suffocation to me, even though you aren't breathing," she said.
So she said she had them dug up, both within days of burial.
She managed to escape detection for a long time. The neighbors who mowed her lawn and took her grocery shopping either didn't know or didn't tell. Otherwise forthcoming, Stevens is vague when asked about who exhumed the bodies and who knew of her odd living arrangement. She blames a relative of her late husband's for calling the authorities about the corpses.
"I think that is dirty, rotten," she said.