Since the Trump thread is going this direction.
I would like to hear the reason why importing hundreds of thousands of refugees from a region we're at war with, ideologically opposed to and who won't be able to assimilate in the western world in their lifetimes is a smart idea?
2 possible motives (internal:)
1) certain people, groups, or politicians want to destroy the countries, and Western Civilization in general, because they harbor a grudge against it and think it is responsible for violence, sexism, capitalism, racism, colonialism, classism, rape, exploitation, genocides, slavery, war, etc.
2) certain people, groups, or politicians think that they can bring some "global" order or "global" government, or at least a Continental order (EU, North American Union, or some variety of that with more power,) by destroying the cultural hegemony, borders, and economies of countries.
Possible motives (external:)
1) Countries that won't take refugees or undesirable immigrants themselves want to destabilize us, their enemy.
2) Countries want to export the uneducated, criminal, gangs, terrorists, diseased to our countries as a safety-valve to take pressure off themselves to reform corruption, redistribute wealth and opportunity, or pay the social costs of those people.
3) some groups want to "retake" land that they consider theirs or create some Caliphate.
4) for individuals the motives range from wanting a better life and ability to have a job or make some money, to start over all the way to wanting to expand their criminal opportunities or find better opportunities (and better looking) women and girls (and boys) to rape in our countries.