• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Michael Savage producer: Normal people turn off radio at 6.

Started by Robert, July 02, 2016, 12:20:33 AM

Robert

Michael Savage remarked on his program the past day or so that he was once told by a producer of a nighttime program of his that normal people have lives; they get home & don't listen to any more radio.  So normal people don't listen later than 6 PM.

Funny, though, how they'll watch TV.  Maybe that's the idea: that they'll listen to radio only when they can't watch TV.

Quote from: Robert on July 02, 2016, 12:20:33 AM
Funny, though, how they'll watch TV.  Maybe that's the idea: that they'll listen to radio only when they can't watch TV.

I started listening to Art Bell when I was going camping often. No TV out there back then. Now its not that hard to get TV when camping.

The people who don't own a television don't have any problem filling the void with their mobiles. Yeah, they're "free" from the TV and the MSM, but then turn around and multiply that one source several times over with internet inanities or vidya games (nothing against gaming, talking about SJWs).

cweb

As someone who spends a lot of the work day looking at screens, it's nice to get home and pop on some radio show or podcast without having to fry my eyes further.

I often feel a compulsion to look at the screen if there's something on because you miss stuff. With radio, there's nothing to miss.

Michael Savage remarked on his program the past day or so that he was once told by a producer of a nighttime program of his that normal people have lives; they get home & don't listen to any more radio.  So normal people don't listen later than 6 PM.

Well at work or during the day your eyes are focused around your tasks at hand.  When you are home you can use those eyes as part of your entertainment, i.e. TV and movies.

Dyna-X

Hmmm, I listen to mp3s by day and turn on the radio at 6 or 7 pm. (and ditched TV and cable over a decade ago) does that make me Abby Normal?

TigerLily

You, I and everyone here qualifies for AbbyNormal status.  We are all freaks, geeks and tottering on the edge of the fringe of normalcy. We are here because no one else wants us.  I'm totally ok that. Say it loud. We're misfits and we're proud

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on July 02, 2016, 11:50:31 AM
You, I and everyone here qualifies for AbbyNormal status.  We are all freaks, geeks and tottering on the edge of the fringe of normalcy. We are here because no one else wants us.  I'm totally ok that. Say it loud. We're misfits and we're proud
VENICE BEACH??!!!!!!?? :o  Or somewhere nearby?  S'where I was born and raised.  Cool! ;D

weeberwubber

And literally no one on Bellgab turns off their radio by 6pm. Savage story checks out.

Every single job that I've ever had has never provided me with the luxury of listening to any sort of radio. Well, occasionally, maybe some mindless, very mainstream music. But nothing serious or controversial like talk radio. Have always had to wait until I'm off the clock to do that. There are a lot of us like that. Just look around as you go about your day and think about most of the people you run across who are going about doing their job.

Value Of Pi

Well, there's a good example of a radio guy essentially denigrating radio. Translation would be: "I just do this radio thing to make a living. You people do it because you actually appreciate it for what it is. Boy, is that ever lame."

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 26, 2016, 03:49:24 PM
Well, there's a good example of a radio guy essentially denigrating radio. Translation would be: "I just do this radio thing to make a living. You people do it because you actually appreciate it for what it is. Boy, is that ever lame."

He's probably a typical radio victim of Arbitron and other stats organizations. Granted, there are norms but there is this mindset that everyone drives to and from work at the same time and that they all work at some desk with the liberty of listening to what they want while working. It's just not that way for everyone.

Robert

Quote from: chefist on September 26, 2016, 03:22:35 PMWABC replaces Savage with no notification! On debate day!
He explained that last week.  He'd been invited to join the WABC contingent at Hofstra, but logistics required him to stay home during the debate for him to comment on it on his next show.

Robert

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 26, 2016, 03:49:24 PMWell, there's a good example of a radio guy essentially denigrating radio. Translation would be: "I just do this radio thing to make a living. You people do it because you actually appreciate it for what it is. Boy, is that ever lame."
Jean Shepherd said essentially that after he went off radio.  Howard Stern said it while he was still on.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Robert on September 26, 2016, 07:38:23 PM
Jean Shepherd said essentially that after he went off radio.  Howard Stern said it while he was still on.

I can imagine how Howard would have put it, not sure about Shepherd. There were lots of talented people on air in Shepherd's day, so there was certainly no shame in being glued to your radio. He may just have had a legitimate beef.

WE'RE NOT NORMAL!

*clap clap clap clap clap*

WE'RE NOT NORMAL!

*clap clap clap clap clap*

Value Of Pi

But I don't wanna be a misfit. Can't I just be, I don't know, interesting? Or maybe, unusual? You're going to give me an identity crisis.

zeebo

Seriously, have you looked around lately at what 'normal' is?  I'm not particularly interested in being part of that club.   ;)

gnooryblows

This is because "normal" people are the most brainwashed. They willingly offer themselves up as prime slaves for the illuminati. Thus, they are constantly craving more intense programming. They listen to radio only in the absence of the more total brainwashing apparatus known as television.

"Normal" in the sense his producer is using only means slave. The majority of humans are slaves so yes, this is "normal".

Nothing wrong with "normalcy" when "normalcy" is healthy, but in our society it is only a symptom of our illnesses.

"Normal" people seek to have their brains switched off.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: gnooryblows on December 28, 2016, 07:29:29 PM
This is because "normal" people are the most brainwashed. They willingly offer themselves up as prime slaves for the illuminati. Thus, they are constantly craving more intense programming. They listen to radio only in the absence of the more total brainwashing apparatus known as television.

"Normal" in the sense his producer is using only means slave. The majority of humans are slaves so yes, this is "normal".

Nothing wrong with "normalcy" when "normalcy" is healthy, but in our society it is only a symptom of our illnesses.

Agreed fully

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: gnooryblows on December 28, 2016, 07:29:29 PM