Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 35478 times)

Brexit
« Reply #750 on: October 19, 2019, 05:29:35 PM »
The drama and chaos is amazing.

http://news.trust.org/item/20191019133903-wrh6q

Brexit
« Reply #751 on: October 19, 2019, 06:50:47 PM »
The drama and chaos is amazing.

Riveting.

Brexit
« Reply #752 on: October 20, 2019, 04:16:53 PM »
This piece of shit needs to crawl back into his hole.

Voters must have chance to change their minds on Brexit, says Tony Blair
...there's got to be some way way, either through parliament, or through an election, possibly through another referendum, in which people express their view.

It sure seems like they are determined to ignore what the people told them to do. The elites should be the ones to determine the future of a countyr- not the stupid voters.

Can you imagine any of this continuing if the vote went in the direction it was supposed to, and they got the vote to stay? There would be no discussion three years later. Instead, you have the politicians basically hoping that the public will "forget" what they voted for if they kick it down the road. In essence, parliment will decide that it is acceptable to ignore the vote of their slaves for half a decade.

Brexit
« Reply #753 on: October 20, 2019, 11:24:32 PM »
It sure seems like they are determined to ignore what the people told them to do. The elites should be the ones to determine the future of a countyr- not the stupid voters.e

Can you imagine any of this continuing if the vote went in the direction it was supposed to, and they got the vote to stay? There would be no discussion three years later. Instead, you have the politicians basically hoping that the public will "forget" what they voted for if they kick it down the road. In essence, parliment will decide that it is acceptable to ignore the vote of their slaves for half a decade.

Globalists and the post modern marxists that control the leftist agenda aren't much into national sovereignty, honoring the will of the people, honesty or fair play.   As for liberals being the worst fucking hypocrites in this quadrant of the galaxy, don't get me started. 

Brexit
« Reply #754 on: October 21, 2019, 03:18:20 AM »

Globalists and the post modern marxists that control the leftist agenda aren't much into national sovereignty, honoring the will of the people, honesty or fair play.   As for liberals being the worst fucking hypocrites in this quadrant of the galaxy, don't get me started.

If you were all so hot on the will of the people Trump wouldn't have been elected, having lost the popular vote. I know it's difficult for a senescent Fox News drone like you to comprehend, but you come from a country that deliberately engineered its laws to guard against the tyranny of the majority. As you're so tiresomely fond of saying, you live in a republic not a democracy, ensuring that minority interests aren't squashed by the Rousseauian General Will. Likewise, the UK is a representative democracy, we don't just have a show of hands and let the unsoaped do what they like.

Brexit
« Reply #755 on: October 21, 2019, 04:41:04 AM »
If you were all so hot on the will of the people Trump wouldn't have been elected, having lost the popular vote. I know it's difficult for a senescent Fox News drone like you to comprehend, but you come from a country that deliberately engineered its laws to guard against the tyranny of the majority. As you're so tiresomely fond of saying, you live in a republic not a democracy, ensuring that minority interests aren't squashed by the Rousseauian General Will. Likewise, the UK is a representative democracy, we don't just have a show of hands and let the unsoaped do what they like.

Brexit
« Reply #756 on: October 21, 2019, 05:30:01 PM »
If you were all so hot on the will of the people Trump wouldn't have been elected, having lost the popular vote.

If you were so hot on U.S. political commentary, you would have actually read the Constitution.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/about.html

It's a republic, it's not a democracy, learn to read.

Brexit
« Reply #757 on: October 21, 2019, 06:57:52 PM »
If you were so hot on U.S. political commentary, you would have actually read the Constitution.

As intended. But much has changed since the Founding. Now I would say more of an "administrative state." With some out-lying Super-Judicial policy making. Congress, at this point, is, essentially, a joke. A pantomime. Kabuki theater. Whatever euphemism you want. There to get a few regulatory-capture stuff in when the bureaucrats can't implement, and to stir up the people, when needed, about "social issues," that often don't- really- matter to get the vote out (in people's minds.) Most all the "balance of powers" of which the best was Federal, State, and Local has been pretty much eliminated. And even the "balance of powers" within the Federal government has been, essentially, eliminated. Some by Executive actions (in their theories, not necessary, the 'actions,) the willingness of Congress to give up power by bypassing real decision making (so they can be reelected,) and by Court upsurping, even CREATING, their own jurisdiction and powers. Oh well, still better than most places. 

Brexit
« Reply #758 on: October 21, 2019, 08:26:17 PM »
As intended. But much has changed since the Founding. Now I would say more of an "administrative state." With some out-lying Super-Judicial policy making. Congress, at this point, is, essentially, a joke. A pantomime. Kabuki theater. Whatever euphemism you want. There to get a few regulatory-capture stuff in when the bureaucrats can't implement, and to stir up the people, when needed, about "social issues," that often don't- really- matter to get the vote out (in people's minds.) Most all the "balance of powers" of which the best was Federal, State, and Local has been pretty much eliminated. And even the "balance of powers" within the Federal government has been, essentially, eliminated. Some by Executive actions (in their theories, not necessary, the 'actions,) the willingness of Congress to give up power by bypassing real decision making (so they can be reelected,) and by Court upsurping, even CREATING, their own jurisdiction and powers. Oh well, still better than most places.

Well put. 

Brexit
« Reply #759 on: October 22, 2019, 03:02:21 AM »

That's what I said, you useless turd. Congrats, by jumping in you have proved yourself a bigger mongoloid than even I suspected.

Brexit
« Reply #760 on: October 22, 2019, 03:18:46 AM »
That's what I said, you useless turd. Congrats, by jumping in you have proved yourself a bigger mongoloid than even I suspected.

Brexit
« Reply #761 on: October 23, 2019, 01:02:34 PM »
That's what I said

I'll admit that I don't bother to actually read your posts.

Brexit
« Reply #762 on: November 03, 2019, 01:41:23 AM »
If you were all so hot on the will of the people ...

mmM...

Brexit
« Reply #763 on: November 11, 2019, 03:18:21 PM »
Farage "King Maker," of sorts?" Hahaha.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50377396