• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The West Wing Weekly

Started by aldousburbank, June 15, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

aldousburbank

My name is Aldous, and I am a dork. I have been using The West Wing television series as an entertainment escape for over ten years. The only DVD box set that I own. My relationship with TWW intensifies or recedes sporadically but never goes away. Recently a new podcast started up which discusses each episode of TWW with much enthusiasm, some criticism, and often brilliance. Yay! More food for my addiction! Co-hosted by Joshua Malina and Hrishi Hirway. Malina played Will Bailey in the series.
http://thewestwingweekly.com/

starrmtn001

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 15, 2016, 07:13:11 PM
My name is Aldous, and I am a dork. I have been using The West Wing television series as an entertainment escape for over ten years. The only DVD box set that I own. My relationship with TWW intensifies or recedes sporadically but never goes away. Recently a new podcast started up which discusses each episode of TWW with much enthusiasm, some criticism, and often brilliance. Yay! More food for my addiction! Co-hosted by Joshua Malina and Hrishi Hirway. Malina played Will Bailey in the series.
I thinks I've watched this series 5 or 6 or maybe even 7 times!!!  This show ROCKS!

OMG!  I'm in love!  :-*

aldousburbank

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 15, 2016, 07:30:03 PM
I thinks I've watched this series 5 or 6 or maybe even 7 times!!!  This show ROCKS!

OMG!  I'm in love!  :-*

My 12 yr old son got interested in politics this year and suddenly loves the West Wing. He told me that his older brothers call it "The Hallway Show" heh. 

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 15, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

Never have seen a single episode. Nothing new as I've never seen a single episode of Dallas either. Just not my cup o tea I guess.
It is nice to hear of another posters entertainment passion/addiction and added information for future bribes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_West_Wing

Each of the principal actors made approximately $75,000 an episode, with Sheen's confirmed salary being $300,000. Rob Lowe left the series in the fourth season reportedly due to not getting a salary increase. Disparities in cast salaries led to very public contract disputes, particularly by Janney, Schiff, Spencer, and Whitford. During contract negotiations in 2001, the four were threatened with breach of contract suits by Warner Bros. However, by banding together, they were able to persuade the studio to more than double their salaries. Two years later, the four again demanded a doubling of their salaries, a few months after Warner Bros had signed new licensing deals with NBC and Bravo.

EDIT: I am a dork too.  ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 15, 2016, 07:36:00 PM
My 12 yr old son got interested in politics this year and suddenly loves the West Wing. He told me that his older brothers call it "The Hallway Show" heh.
Cool that you are sharing it with our future generations.  Good on ya man.  Oh yeah.  BBQ and teepee  camp out in the Haven.  Swing by for some grub.  Stay for campfire music and the dubious. ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 15, 2016, 07:40:08 PM
Cool that you are sharing it with our future generations.  Good on ya man.  Oh yeah.  BBQ and Tee Pee camp out in the Haven.  Swing by for some grub.  Stay for campfire music and the dubious. ;)

I have two tipis here 😊  A 20 and a 26 footer.
Thanks for the invite.  I wouldn't be surprised.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on June 15, 2016, 07:36:49 PM
EDIT: I am a dork too.  ;D
Why on Earth would you advertise such a thing????

It's totally unnecessary. ;D

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 15, 2016, 07:42:19 PM
Why on Earth would you advertise such a thing????

Dorkaphobia.
I was first diagnosed with the disorder when I had to have the word "ain't" explained to me. Grandmother's fault really. She was quite strict. When we would visit her, I wasn't allowed to wear long pants until the age of ten and speaking when not spoken to by an adult was a sin. Using the word "ain't" around Grandmother was rewarded with her finger being rapped on ones head. She did make the best orange rind candy on the planet though.

QuoteIt's totally unnecessary. ;D

Ok. Now I'm embarrassed.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on June 15, 2016, 08:10:57 PM
Dorkaphobia.
I was first diagnosed with the disorder when I had to have the word "ain't" explained to me. Grandmother's fault really. She was quite strict. When we would visit her, I wasn't allowed to wear long pants until the age of ten and speaking when not spoken to by an adult was a sin. Using the word "ain't" around Grandmother was rewarded with her finger being rapped on ones head. She did make the best orange rind candy on the planet though.

Ok. Now I'm embarrassed.
Oh dear.  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that.  I was just goofin' on ya. :-[

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 15, 2016, 09:12:31 PM
Oh dear.  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that.  I was just goofin' on ya. :-[

While the story is true and awkward, and i do realize that you were indeed "goofin' on me... I can't help but say...

:-*

starrmtn001

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on June 15, 2016, 09:22:31 PM
While the story is true and awkward, and i do realize that you were indeed "goofin' on me... I can't help but say...

:-*
I see!

Interesting.

Have a good evening E-TOZ.  Nighty night. 8)