• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

New Muslim Mayor in London bans immodest advertisements

Started by The King of Kings, June 14, 2016, 01:51:08 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: VoteQuimby on June 14, 2016, 01:52:23 PM
Britain is so fucked at this point it's laughable. Hard to imagine what that country will even be in 20 years.

Why do you even bother posting? Every time you type something it's ineffable shit.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: MV on June 14, 2016, 02:00:28 PM
doesn't bother me at all.  the brits seem to want islamic influence over their society as part of an ongoing effort to prove just how averse they are to "racism," so fuck em.

If I shake my head any more at some of the stuff I read on here at the moment I am going to get whiplash.

chefist

It's another example of the left hypocritically forcing their morals on society. If a mayor had said he was taking down the ads because it was against his religious morals, the left would be up in arms.

Who

Quote from: The King of Kings on June 14, 2016, 03:31:14 PM
I bet it was liberals who voted for Sharia Law to replace the Constitution.

More like evangelical Christians.  Outlaw abortions.  Defund planned parenthood.  Outlaw the "morning after" pill.  Demand Bible reading in public schools.  Teach Creation "science" in public schools.  Reinstate "blue laws" and keep all businesses closed on Sundays.

Laurakinch

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2016, 07:59:27 AM
Jeezus. Some of you people amaze me, and others just plain depress me. Read the fucking story, you dolts. First, it has nothing whatever to do with being Muslim, and nobody is banning 'sexy women' from ads in London. The mayor is in charge of TFL, which controls the public transport system. All he said was that some ads contribute to an unhealthy culture where people feel obliged to conform to an idea of what is desirable, and he didn't want the one area that he can control to play a part in it. Anyone could say that, it has nothing to do with what colour your skin is.

Is everyone fucking stupid these days, or is it just you lot of pricks?

Yeah, pretty much. It's depressing around here anymore. Most of the intelligent posters are gone and what remains are morons drunks and cat ladies. Sad.

TigerLily

Quote from: Laurakinch on June 15, 2016, 08:55:15 AM
Yeah, pretty much. It's depressing around here anymore. Most of the intelligent posters are gone and what remains are morons drunks and cat ladies. Sad.

This is so perfect. I wanted to see it posted again

Jeezus. Some of you people amaze me, and others just plain depress me. Read the fucking story, you dolts. First, it has nothing whatever to do with being Muslim, and nobody is banning 'sexy women' from ads in London. The mayor is in charge of TFL, which controls the public transport system. All he said was that some ads contribute to an unhealthy culture where people feel obliged to conform to an idea of what is desirable, and he didn't want the one area that he can control to play a part in it. Anyone could say that, it has nothing to do with what colour your skin is.

You'd really vouch for this cunt to come over here? Fuck that. Yorkshire maybe. Despite him being a cunt at times, I think he'd be fun to drink with.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2016, 08:00:32 AM
Why do you even bother posting? Every time you type something it's ineffable shit.

Only to mess with your limey mind. By the way, I'm Arab. Be very careful what you say to me online, bitch.  Are you sure you haven't confused with me a strong independent woman since that seems to be your usual source of online angst on here. ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: VoteQuimby on June 15, 2016, 09:41:39 AM
You'd really vouch for this cunt to come over here? Fuck that. Yorkshire maybe. Despite him being a cunt at times, I think he'd be fun to drink with.

Careful. Sredni is my soon-to-be green card husband

Quote from: TigerLily on June 15, 2016, 10:04:10 AM
Careful. Sredni is my soon-to-be green card husband

That's going to be a miserable couple months and a very stupid kid for you. Also this guy is going to bounce back to Limeyland as soon as you're tired of his shit leaving you financially fucked with a kid to feed. I think you could do better.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: VoteQuimby on June 15, 2016, 09:45:14 AM
By the way are you sure you haven't confused with me a strong independent woman

Maybe I am. I've always considered you one of the biggest pussies on here.

TigerLily

Quote from: VoteQuimby on June 15, 2016, 10:06:11 AM
That's going to be a miserable couple months and a very stupid kid for you. Also this guy is going to bounce back to Limeyland as soon as you're tired of his shit leaving you financially fucked with a kid to feed. I think you could do better.

Any suggestions?

Quote from: TigerLily on June 15, 2016, 10:12:00 AM
Any suggestions?

I wouldn't begin to tell you what to do with your life or body. Follow your heart. :) (but someone stable who's stuck in the US so you can run them down for alimony and child support would be wise)

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2016, 10:11:55 AM
Maybe I am. I've always considered you one of the biggest pussies on here.

My dad can beat blow up your dad.

chefist

Quote from: Doc on June 15, 2016, 10:16:10 AM

When the left calls someone a Nazi, you know they are out of logical arguments and only have hyperbole remaining.

Mad Hatter

Quote from: chefist on June 15, 2016, 10:17:25 AM
When the left calls someone a Nazi, you know they are out of logical arguments and only have hyperbole remaining.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck then it probably is a duck.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2016, 08:01:35 AM
If I shake my head any more at some of the stuff I read on here at the moment I am going to get whiplash.

Don't pretend the feeling isn't mutual.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: chefist on June 15, 2016, 10:17:25 AM

When a toner-slinging know-nothing starts spouting off about politics, you know that you'd get more sense out of a lamp-post.

chefist

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2016, 10:26:57 AM
When a toner-slinging know-nothing starts spouting off about politics, you know that you'd get more sense out of a lamp-post.

LOL...that one got under your thin skin.

chefist

Quote from: Doc on June 15, 2016, 10:23:00 AM
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck then it probably is a duck.

Hahaha...Art of the Deal = Mein Kampf. Yea, right.

MV/Liberace!

london elects a muslim mayor, and shortly thereafter, he bans adverts that show too much skin... but i'm a "stupid prick" for connecting those dots.  i will say, it's entertaining watching you bend yourself into a pretzel to avoid connecting those dots.  but carry on, ol' chap.  i know you will.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: VoteQuimby on June 15, 2016, 09:45:14 AM
By the way, I'm Arab.

and to think i helped yewww with a website!!! now i'm truly dismayed.

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on June 15, 2016, 10:12:00 AM
Any suggestions?
Well, TL, there's always Bobo but he's very busy arranging meetings that never happen.  He is very "in" to animals, though. ;) ;)

P.S. - He's also a great speller and quite impotent.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: MV on June 15, 2016, 10:33:58 AM
london elects a muslim mayor, and shortly thereafter, he bans adverts that show too much skin... but i'm a "stupid prick" for connecting those dots.  i will say, it's entertaining watching you bend yourself into a pretzel to avoid connecting those dots.  but carry on, ol' chap.  i know you will.

Well, let's walk through this. First of all, I live here, you don't. Don't try and tell me about the place I live, because you will look silly. He was talking about the influence that certain ads might have on young people growing up to conform to a certain body type. The amount of ads that would be affected would be minimal anyway, and they were widely criticised by people in general, not by religious groups. He can't dictate what ads they show in London, only on public transport, where he has a say. Don't try to connect it to a religious thing, because you're just chasing smoke. He's about as moderate as you can get anyway. There are plenty of people like him where their faith is as much cultural as religious. I get tired of people leaping to conclusions based on insufficient information.

All  you see is a headline and then off you go. It's lazy, and you ought to know better.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Laurakinch on June 15, 2016, 08:55:15 AM

It is eyerolling. I swear there's people on here that only get their news from "anti-Muslim" sites and either choose to ignore or are completely oblivious that this sort of stuff happens with every freakin race.

So we are somehow acting that being a "moralist" or wanting stuff banned is a muslim only feature? Jebus Crisp man, for decades we have people in this country preaching about others morality. The loudest and most influential voices white Christian groups, a lot of them with white RW political backers. I will guess the PTC (parent television council) isn't filled with muslims.

Speaking of banning advertising on transit, it's happened here. In 2014 Boston Mass pulled an "apartheid" ad from their transit

My personal favorite in Phoenix Arz , their transit system removed some ads for a women shop because it was too 'sexually explicit'. What was on it? A picture of a nightstand with the title "Wanted: One night stand", another is a picture of a high-heel shoe with the tag "Sell your Soul", another offensive ad was a boot with the slogan "Make a booty call". Yup all those "offensive" ads were taking down, In Merica, Arizona to be more specific, but I am very certain the decision didn't come from a Muslim http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2015/04/27/ads-called-sexually-explicit-light-rail-phoenix/26449845/

Quote from: MV on June 15, 2016, 10:35:55 AM
and to think i helped yewww with a website!!! now i'm truly dismayed.

I could be a black sheep in your family for all you know.  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2016, 10:42:47 AM
Well, let's walk through this. First of all, I live here, you don't. Don't try and tell me about the place I live, because you will look silly.
i'll remember that the next time i see you condescendingly lecturing a stupid american on how their country should be run.

He was talking about the influence that certain ads might have on young people growing up to conform to a certain body type.
yeah, i got that.  i don't believe him.  will he also ban ads for diet pills or diet programs?  those could have the same effect on a fragile female mind, after all.   

He can't dictate what ads they show in London, only on public transport, where he has a say.
i understand that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Zetaspeak on June 15, 2016, 10:45:13 AM
So we are somehow acting that being a "moralist" or wanting stuff banned is a muslim only feature? Jebus Crisp man, for decades we have people in this country preaching about others morality.

yeah, well, fuck those people, too.  your point?

I'm confused how it equates to Nazism to think it's illogical and stupid to import hundreds of thousands of people with 60% being fighting aged males from a region the first world is currently at war with?

I also don't understand how you can be racist against a religion.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: VoteQuimby on June 15, 2016, 09:41:39 AM

Naaa, thanks anyway. I'd have a beer with SV and a few others but I'd give it a miss with those who can't fucking read. It's funny how no matter what the reality of any given story is regarding the UK when Muslims are mentioned, the likes of cunt of cunts winds himself up into a froth and throws up his bile. The astonishing thing is how those who I regarded as quite discerning fall for the shit..

With such profound critical thinking, Trump will walk it, then you'll know what "oh fucking hell" really feels like. Oh boy will he make you wish you'd thought twice. It will be funny and tragic if he does get in, how many who voted him in, deny voting him. With the rest saying they told you so.

JesusJuice

Feminists have been trying to get Protein World adverts on the tube banned since early last year.

Here is one detailed article.  http://adland.tv/adnews/if-grow-harriet-becomes-meme-blame-protein-world/195187592

The short and long of it is this: A fat broad tweeted to Protein World "Hey @ProteinWorld am I (a normal woman) allowed on the beach? You know, if my body's for me, not to please others?"  Protein World responded with "Grow up Harriet".

A major shitstorm ensued.

Feminists rallied to get the person handling the Protein World Twitter account fired but the person laughed saying he was the owner and couldn't fire himself and started mocking them.

Feminists began vandalizing the adverts and having protests at the site of the billboards. There was a Change.org petition. All of this failed.

Boris Johnson didn't give a shit. Protein World adverts became a campaign issue. A Labour politician vowed to remove Protein World adverts from the tube if she became mayor. http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/tessa-jowell-ill-ban-sexist-tube-ads-elected-london-mayor/1359916#

This has been a long fourteen month battle between Feminists & SJWs versus Protein World. I watched the whole thing as it unfolded this past year. Protein World failed to apologize for doing nothing wrong and became a target.

Khan didn't become mayor and just up and decide to ban Protein World adverts. There has been a fourteen month battle leading up to this.