Author Topic: Post Your Favorite Postcards Here.  (Read 29158 times)

Re: Post Your Favorite Postcards Here.
« Reply #870 on: July 27, 2019, 04:00:42 PM »

Yet another buffet, though not the Sweden House.  Kind of clever how they have the buffet table sitting amongst the dining tables.

« Reply #871 on: July 27, 2019, 04:04:45 PM »

Yet another buffet, though not the Sweden House.  Kind of clever how they have the buffet table sitting amongst the dining tables.

That looks cozy, Rix.  Three whole turkeys, you just walk up and rip off a drumstick?  Hopefully they kept the gravy off their yellow breeches hahaha.

« Reply #872 on: July 27, 2019, 04:10:53 PM »
That looks cozy, Rix.  Three whole turkeys, you just walk up and rip off a drumstick?  Hopefully they kept the gravy off their yellow breeches hahaha.

Haha!  Cozy indeed.  Do you think the house would allow you to play a couple of after dinner songs on the old 88 keys back there?

« Reply #873 on: July 27, 2019, 04:15:46 PM »
Haha!  Cozy indeed.  Do you think the house would allow you to play a couple of after dinner songs on the old 88 keys back there?

I missed that entirely, since it's painted to match!  I'm sure they have their own piano player and they're like church organists, you know, very territorial.  I have only done that twice (once in Mexico), both times way too emboldened by liquor and with the same with disastrous result -- manual dexterity is the first thing to go, and memory the second.

« Reply #874 on: July 31, 2019, 02:27:06 AM »

Interesting Mayflower stamp on the back of this postcard.  it was the first of a set of three stamps commemorating the landing of pilgrims at Plymouth Rock.  The stamps were printed in 1920. 

« Reply #875 on: August 02, 2019, 02:06:31 AM »

« Reply #876 on: August 04, 2019, 02:22:20 AM »

Wedding receptions.  I wonder how many happy couples posed with the bronze statue of Ike?

« Reply #877 on: August 08, 2019, 01:42:36 AM »

Any guesses as to what the sneaky lady is lifting from the guy's pocket?  Magnified, it is something yelllow/golden though it doesn't look like coins, or a gold watch, at least to me anyway.

Normally I like to decipher postcard messages as a service to everybody that visits this thread, but I was getting nowhere fast with this one.  Then I realized that it was written in a foreign language.

« Reply #878 on: August 08, 2019, 09:27:20 AM »
Any guesses as to what the sneaky lady is lifting from the guy's pocket?  Magnified, it is something yelllow/golden though it doesn't look like coins, or a gold watch, at least to me anyway.

Oh I am sure it is a watch on one of those short chains for your pants pocket rather than an albert chain which needs a vest.

« Reply #879 on: August 09, 2019, 02:49:57 AM »
Oh I am sure it is a watch on one of those short chains for your pants pocket rather than an albert chain which needs a vest.

Yeah, thanks K.  I think I over enlarged the watch.  It made it look like a thick, gold woman's bracelet.  Now why would that manly guy be carrying that around?  haha 

« Reply #880 on: August 09, 2019, 02:53:02 AM »

« Reply #881 on: August 13, 2019, 01:46:18 AM »

« Reply #882 on: Yesterday at 01:13:30 AM »

« Reply #883 on: Yesterday at 03:51:29 AM »

Cool video!  I don't know why the poor lady didn't run with that ghastly horror coming at her like that but that was a different era, I guess.

IMO Duchin was actually a better pianist.  His touch sensitivity was breathtaking.  I absolutely love this style of playing.

Rosalie, my darling,
Rosalie, my dream,
Since that night, when stars fell up above,
I'm oh so in love.
Rosalie, have mercy,
Rosalie, don't decline;
Won't you make life thrilling
And tell me that you're willing
To be mine?  Oh Rosalie, be mine.

« Reply #884 on: Yesterday at 01:35:12 PM »
Cool video!  I don't know why the poor lady didn't run with that ghastly horror coming at her like that but that was a different era, I guess.

IMO Duchin was actually a better pianist.  His touch sensitivity was breathtaking.  I absolutely love this style of playing.

Rosalie, my darling,
Rosalie, my dream,
Since that night, when stars fell up above,
I'm oh so in love.
Rosalie, have mercy,
Rosalie, don't decline;
Won't you make life thrilling
And tell me that you're willing
To be mine?  Oh Rosalie, be mine.

Very nice, K.  I couldn't resist posting a video of our founder as a compliment to the Duchin postcard.  Haha, yes, that lady from Copenhagen didn't have much say in the matter, now did she?  Lee swooped her up and onto the stage like a gangbuster.