• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Chefist's BlogGab: A Gossip Thread About BellGab!

Started by chefist, April 10, 2016, 04:10:11 PM

Would you go to Vegas if Falkie was attending?

Yes
No

chefist

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 02, 2016, 09:25:03 PM
I have to agree.  By the time it gets to the point someone needs to be fired, I'm pissed off enough at their shit that I enjoy it.

Absolutely...tenure Should be outlawed....

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on September 02, 2016, 09:55:26 PM
I tend to disagree in theory, without tenure only SJW types will be professors at many schools and very quickly. Though there is a counter-argument that tenure actually works in the reverse way in that it encourages group-think and whatever theory is trending and conformism to gain it.

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on September 02, 2016, 09:58:36 PM
I tend to disagree in theory, without tenure only SJW types will be professors at many schools and very quickly. Though there is a counter-argument that tenure actually works in the reverse way in that it encourages group-think and whatever theory is trending and conformism to gain it.

Professors argue for equality...tenure is elitism...

Quote from: chefist on September 02, 2016, 09:55:26 PM

umm no. Tenure saves my ass at least twice a year.

well at least in my field, tenure is a badge of honor. You've avoided budget cuts, political maneuvering by above tenured people, didn't kill any kids, didn't kill yourself.

I'm sure you're right regarding elitism in other fields

whoozit

Anyone want to talk about the BellGabber most likely to be featured in the news and in a not good way?  Casio doesn't count.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 02, 2016, 07:14:56 PM
Sounded like he got to keep that big bonus they gave him and he's hoping to hook on with AWS.

I'm gonna stick in a plug for the far superior and affordable vCloud Air.

Ask for it by name (please :) )

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on September 02, 2016, 10:46:56 PM
Professors argue for equality...tenure is elitism...
In some cases it is a bad thing (like certain billionaires who try to manipulate society or financial markets for their gain) but in others it is good. I think the whole anti-elitism attitude found in just about every aspect of our society is the wrong way to go. We should be trying to be the best in whatever field, job, occupation, etc.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: whoozit on September 06, 2016, 02:25:00 PM
Anyone want to talk about the BellGabber most likely to be featured in the news and in a not good way?  Casio doesn't count.

Not a 'gabber, but you brought something to mind I'd not thought of in years.  Back in the early days of the internet, the Univ of Iowa launched one of the first, and ultimately most used, bbs sites on the web, ISCA BBS.  One of the most prolific posters on the bbs was a guy who went by the name "Starcade".  He was something of a self-important computer dweeb, but that wasn't all that uncommon in those days.  Long story short, he had a thing for teen idol Debbie Gibson, and eventually began stalking her.  He wound up getting arrested trying to sneak into a venue where she was performing, telling the police he was angry she had not answered any of his cards/letters etc.  He got big time news coverage, and I think there was a magazine article written about him.  Guy got put away for several years as I recall. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 06, 2016, 02:52:03 PM
Not a 'gabber, but you brought something to mind I'd not thought of in years.  Back in the early days of the internet, the Univ of Iowa launched one of the first, and ultimately most used, bbs sites on the web, ISCA BBS.  One of the most prolific posters on the bbs was a guy who went by the name "Starcade".  He was something of a self-important computer dweeb, but that wasn't all that uncommon in those days.  Long story short, he had a thing for teen idol Debbie Gibson, and eventually began stalking her.  He wound up getting arrested trying to sneak into a venue where she was performing, telling the police he was angry she had not answered any of his cards/letters etc.  He got big time news coverage, and I think there was a magazine article written about him.  Guy got put away for several years as I recall.

what was his name?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: mv on September 06, 2016, 04:43:52 PM
what was his name?

His last name was Faulkner, don't recall the first.  I remember his family name only because it was the same as the first female to attend The Citadel, a huge topic of conversation on the bbs at the time.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 06, 2016, 05:06:20 PM
His last name was Faulkner, don't recall the first.  I remember his family name only because it was the same as the first female to attend The Citadel, a huge topic of conversation on the bbs at the time.

Mike Falkner.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/clean-act-fan-told-singer-article-1.792157

Uncle Duke

Quote from: mv on September 06, 2016, 05:17:51 PM
Mike Falkner.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/clean-act-fan-told-singer-article-1.792157

I forgot about the "clean up your act" angle on the story.  He must have been apoplectic when she did the Playboy pictorial several years later.  Maybe he'll show up on one of Oprah's "Where Are They Now" programs.

paladin1991

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 06, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

I forgot about the "clean up your act" angle on the story.  He must have been apoplectic when she did the Playboy pictorial several years later.  Maybe he'll show up on one of Oprah's "Where Are They Now" programs.
Pics or it didn't happen.   (Beat you to the punch Jackyboy.)

whoozit

With Midnight in Martinez spreading out to be more of a gossip show I thought this thread could use a bump and I know Chefist is too shy to do it.

venix

Quote from: whoozit on January 04, 2017, 03:00:07 PM
With Midnight in Martinez spreading out to be more of a gossip show I thought this thread could use a bump and I know Chefist is too shy to do it.

Too shy? He's a step below Falkie on the self promotion scale.

chefist

Quote from: whoozit on January 04, 2017, 03:00:07 PM

No, it's just that most of the talk always leads back to George...then the thread gets rolled into Musings...so just to keep things simple I post the stuff there...that's all...

chefist

Quote from: venix on January 04, 2017, 03:04:26 PM
Too shy? He's a step below Falkie on the self promotion scale.

Happy New Year, BDubb...how's the psychotherapy going?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Chefist on January 04, 2017, 03:05:07 PM
No, it's just that most of the talk always leads back to George...then the thread gets rolled into Musings...so just to keep things simple I post the stuff there...that's all...

Is it possible that the evil one... falkie calls in?

it's been awhile for me here, what happened to mv?

happy new year everyone

whoozit

Quote from: I changed my name on January 07, 2017, 12:49:03 AM
it's been awhile for me here, what happened to mv?

happy new year everyone
He went Greek.  He's now Sigma Greater Than.

chefist

THINGS HAVE CHANGED A LOT ON BELLGAB...TIME TO BRING BACK THE GOSSIP THREAD...WHAT DO YOU THINK? ESPECIALLY GIVEN THE FAKE ACCOUNTS ON THE FALKIE THREAD PRETENDING TO BE SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT...

Quote from: Chefist on March 17, 2017, 09:16:27 PM
THINGS HAVE CHANGED A LOT ON BELLGAB...TIME TO BRING BACK THE GOSSIP THREAD...WHAT DO YOU THINK? ESPECIALLY GIVEN THE FAKE ACCOUNTS ON THE FALKIE THREAD PRETENDING TO BE SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQRW0RM4V0k

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 17, 2017, 09:19:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQRW0RM4V0k

MORE TO COME...MARTINEZ TONIGHT...WITH THE TRUTH ABOUT CERTAIN ACCOUNTS ON BELLGAB...

WATCH WHO RESPONDS NEGATIVELY FIRST ON THIS THREAD... ;)

Quote from: Chefist on March 17, 2017, 09:16:27 PM
ESPECIALLY GIVEN THE FAKE ACCOUNTS ON THE FALKIE THREAD PRETENDING TO BE SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT...

Oh my!

chefist

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on March 17, 2017, 09:24:28 PM
Oh my!

YES...WHAT APPEARS REAL IS NOT...I WAS SILENCED...BUT NO LONGER...MARTINEZ TONIGHT LIVES!

Quote from: Chefist on March 17, 2017, 09:30:15 PM
YES...WHAT APPEARS REAL IS NOT...I WAS SILENCED...BUT NO LONGER...MARTINEZ TONIGHT LIVES!
Were the death threats from a fellow Bellgaber?

chefist

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on March 17, 2017, 09:32:33 PM
Were the death threats from a fellow Bellgaber?

THERE ARE STILL TREMORS FROM THE COLLAPSE OF MITD WHEN ART LEFT...I KNOW, SEEMS ODD, BUT TRUE...

Big Chicken

Quote from: Chefist on March 17, 2017, 09:23:20 PM
MORE TO COME...MARTINEZ TONIGHT...WITH THE TRUTH ABOUT CERTAIN ACCOUNTS ON BELLGAB...

WATCH WHO RESPONDS NEGATIVELY FIRST ON THIS THREAD... ;)

Big Chicken stands with Chefist.