• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Who else heard George mispronounce "morcellator"..... twice

Started by Sarcastic Plastic, April 08, 2016, 12:06:16 AM

Thursday March 31, 2016 first hour guests were Doctors Hooman Noorchashm and Amy Reed talking about a bad surgical instrument called a morcellator - pronounced mor-cel-A-tor with the accent on the "a". George was pronouncing it just fine through the first 20 minutes of the interview then all of a sudden the word becomes mor-CEL-a-tor sounding like "mor-SELL-ater" -- oh but George wasn't done yet, he pauses a moment then mispronounces it a SECOND time just to make sure everybody hears him screw it up. Live on national radio we're listening to the man lose what little mind he has left. 300 million people in America and George Noory was the best and brightest the producers could come up with to replace Art Bell.

paladin1991

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on April 08, 2016, 12:06:16 AM
Thursday March 31, 2016 first hour guests were Doctors Hooman Noorchashm and Amy Reed talking about a bad surgical instrument called a morcellator - pronounced mor-cel-A-tor with the accent on the "a". George was pronouncing it just fine through the first 20 minutes of the interview then all of a sudden the word becomes mor-CEL-a-tor sounding like "mor-SELL-ater" -- oh but George wasn't done yet, he pauses a moment then mispronounces it a SECOND time just to make sure everybody hears him screw it up. Live on national radio we're listening to the man lose what little mind he has left. 300 million people in America and George Noory was the best and brightest the producers could come up with to replace Art Bell.

You must be new around here.

WOTR

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 08, 2016, 12:11:04 AM
Indeed... Welcome, and post often, Sarcastic P.

Also, you should hit the Noory sucks thread and vote in the poll asking if Noorie can pronounce anything correctly.  The correct choice is the first "no" and NOT the second "no" (no matter what anybody else may tell you.) ;)

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 08, 2016, 12:11:04 AM

I've been visiting and laughing for quite some time, always meant to sign up but just now getting around to it.

The man is an idiot. I know it. You know it. The world knows it. And they pay him 500 goddamn thousand dollars a year plus endorsements in exchange for being that idiot. Would you tell me please where I can find the justice in that equation?

Quote from: WOTR on April 08, 2016, 02:19:20 AM
Indeed... Welcome, and post often, Sarcastic P.

Also, you should hit the Noory sucks thread and vote in the poll asking if Noorie can pronounce anything correctly.  The correct choice is the first "no" and NOT the second "no" (no matter what anybody else may tell you.) ;)

I will visit the poll and thanks WOTR for the welcome. Several years ago I remember being taken aback by his mispronunciation of a very common city name, I think it was a town in California, I wish I had written it down. I remember being appalled, any five-year-old knew the proper pronunciation of this particular town, but not our resident moron. Did he even graduate high school or was Navy the alternative for someone needing help wiping his own ass?

pate

This is a trick subject header!

Or a classhic igNooron?

Not Sure, first read gives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bb9xuTDAZI

But George is not that tasteless, whoa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0iMu4L9ZRg

There is nothing funny about the "differently ableded," aoh lawd..

paladin1991

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on April 08, 2016, 10:57:03 PM
I've been visiting and laughing for quite some time, always meant to sign up but just now getting around to it.

The man is an idiot. I know it. You know it. The world knows it. And they pay him 500 goddamn thousand dollars a year plus endorsements in exchange for being that idiot. Would you tell me please where I can find the justice in that equation?

I will visit the poll and thanks WOTR for the welcome. Several years ago I remember being taken aback by his mispronunciation of a very common city name, I think it was a town in California, I wish I had written it down. I remember being appalled, any five-year-old knew the proper pronunciation of this particular town, but not our resident moron. Did he even graduate high school or was Navy the alternative for someone needing help wiping his own ass?
Was the town Martinez, Ca by any chance?  I could swear I have heard him greet George 'Falkie' Senda fm Marpenis, Ca.

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 09, 2016, 10:48:14 PM
Was the town Martinez, Ca by any chance?  I could swear I have heard him greet George 'Falkie' Senda fm Marpenis, Ca.

You, Sir, are BRILLIANT! Martinez it was, he pronounced it martin-ez rather than mar-TIN-ez. Now I remember, when he said it I couldn't believe my flippin' ears. The buffoon lives in California and you mean to tell me he's never been around anyone named Martinez? Was his one and only brain cell busy with another task? I just never realized they made idiots quite that stupid.

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on April 09, 2016, 11:29:39 PM
You, Sir, are BRILLIANT! Martinez it was, he pronounced it martin-ez rather than mar-TIN-ez. Now I remember, when he said it I couldn't believe my flippin' ears. The buffoon lives in California and you mean to tell me he's never been around anyone named Martinez? Was his one and only brain cell busy with another task? I just never realized they made idiots quite that stupid.

Well, to be fair in California about half the towns, rivers, forests, etc have Spanish names, and The Snorge has only lived here about 15 years.     

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 09, 2016, 11:33:02 PM
Well, to be fair in California about half the towns, rivers, forests, etc have Spanish names, and The Snorge has only lived here about 15 years.     

I hope laughing isn't bad for me because after reading that I can't seem to stop doing it ;D

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 09, 2016, 11:33:02 PM

Yes, but technically part time which means  he only has to get 50% of the pronunciation correct.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on April 08, 2016, 12:06:16 AM

Yeah but who's the smartest? Him for having a show you don't like, or you for listening to it when you don't like it?

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on April 10, 2016, 10:07:54 AM
I hope laughing isn't bad for me because after reading that I can't seem to stop doing it ;D

George saw Martinez come up on the caller screen

George saw the word martin within the name of the town

George knew that one, he eagerly pronounced martin properly and added 'ez' onto the end

George was proud and happy

George was ridiculed on BellGab

George was sad

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 10, 2016, 11:30:07 AM
George saw Martinez come up on the caller screen

George saw the word martin within the name of the town

George knew that one, he eagerly pronounced martin properly and added 'ez' onto the end

George was proud and happy

George was ridiculed on BellGab

George was sad

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 10, 2016, 10:41:33 AM
Yeah but who's the smartest? Him for having a show you don't like, or you for listening to it when you don't like it?

What is it you're assuming Yorky, that I don't like the show? When and where did I say I didn't like the show? I love that show, I love to hear that stupid assclown make such a flipping fool of himself right out in public for all of us to hear. I like to laugh, don't you like to laugh Yorky? You ought to try laughing more, and wash some of the starch out of those britches.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on April 10, 2016, 12:19:34 PM
What is it you're assuming Yorky, that I don't like the show? When and where did I say I didn't like the show? I love that show, I love to hear that stupid assclown make such a flipping fool of himself right out in public for all of us to hear. I like to laugh, don't you like to laugh Yorky? You ought to try laughing more, and wash some of the starch out of those britches.

Oh I laugh like a drain if I find something funny, though my sense of humour is dry and a bit off the wall.

But Noory has no reason to be anything other than he is because his audience is always there.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 10, 2016, 12:35:50 PM
Oh I laugh like a drain if I find something funny, though my sense of humour is dry and a bit off the wall.

But Noory has no reason to be anything other than he is because his audience is always there.

An "Insider" sycophant, just as I suspected. Or might you be the idiot himself.

Yes let's compare George Noory's numbers with Art Bell's numbers. Or would you like to quickly change the subject.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on April 10, 2016, 12:52:07 PM
An "Insider" sycophant, just as I suspected. Or might you be the idiot himself.

Oh god, another "I've been here five minutes and go to the default 'I haven't a fucking clue what I'm talking about, but I'll say it anyway" newbee.

Yes let's compare George Noory's numbers with Art Bell's numbers. Or would you like to quickly change the subject.

Compare what you like. You don't know me well enough (or at all), so you haven't yet fathomed the depths of the fuck I don't give.  :)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 10, 2016, 01:01:14 PM
Oh god, another "I've been here five minutes and go to the default 'I haven't a fucking clue what I'm talking about, but I'll say it anyway" newbee.

Compare what you like. You don't know me well enough (or at all), so you haven't yet fathomed the depths of the fuck I don't give.  :)

You've still got your panties in a wad, unwad them and come join in the fun.

And as far as me being a noob, I was listening to Art Bell back when you were still just a suckling piglet ;) 

pate

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 10, 2016, 01:01:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RFeIj-xwEM

I somehow agree, YP

Quote from: pate on April 11, 2016, 01:22:18 AM
I somehow agree, YP

Yeah I'll try to pick up the pieces and get on with my life.

Well certainly whenever I see an F-14 I think of something greasy like Nazareth. You're not a groupie are you?

Robert

Anybody could be uneasy with a word spelled with a "c" as in French "morceau" rather than being consistent with the "s" in English "morsel" -- uneasy enough to hedge by switching to stress on a different syllable after pronouncing it one way a couple times.

But it should be easy to rip him off for change if he thinks as he said last night that Geo. Wash.'s profile is on the nickel.

pate

Easy typing language seems to let him off softly.

Unless you introduce the concept of "hard" vs. "soft", mmm see?

ediot: after reviewing the tapes, whatever "it" is, it can be pickled.  Too Simple, yes?

Quote from: Robert on April 16, 2016, 08:35:17 AM
Anybody could be uneasy with a word spelled with a "c" as in French "morceau" rather than being consistent with the "s" in English "morsel" -- uneasy enough to hedge by switching to stress on a different syllable after pronouncing it one way a couple times.

But it should be easy to rip him off for change if he thinks as he said last night that Geo. Wash.'s profile is on the nickel.

We're not talking about "anybody", we're talking about a radio professional of 40+ years. Someone making a half million dollars a year plus endorsements should be held to a higher standard of linguistics than you or I. My first nightly radio talk show was the Nitecaps hosted by Herb Jepko, that was a very long time ago. In all these years of listening I have never heard a host switch pronounciations of the central term 25 minutes into the interview. We're talking about a national - no an international radio talk show host who isn't even performing at a local level. That's why we have so many pissed off people on the internet talking shit about George Noory every chance they get.

Robert

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on April 23, 2016, 07:43:52 PMWe're not talking about "anybody", we're talking about a radio professional of 40+ years. Someone making a half million dollars a year plus endorsements should be held to a higher standard of linguistics than you or I. My first nightly radio talk show was the Nitecaps hosted by Herb Jepko, that was a very long time ago. In all these years of listening I have never heard a host switch pronounciations of the central term 25 minutes into the interview. We're talking about a national - no an international radio talk show host who isn't even performing at a local level.
I heard Howard Stern do it with Tamara Clark's 1st name.  He mispronounced it, was corrected, then went back to the mispronunciation.

Whenever George had a guest on who was in the same general field as his 'aunt' Shafica Karagulla, he'd always be sure to ask them if they'd heard of her. 

Usually they hadn't, or mumbled something vague about her and change the subject.  Until one day, one of his guests said he'd known her quite well.  George was delighted, and they had a bit of a conversation about her. 

In an attempt to gently correct George, the guest told him she prononced her name CARE uh GOO luh.  George ignored him and continued pronouncing it Kuh RIG u luh.  They both must have pronounced it their way a half dozen times each as they were talking about her, while ignoring the other's pronunciation.

I wish Tommy would write a book, I'd buy it.

Quote from: Robert on April 24, 2016, 12:59:23 AM
I heard Howard Stern do it with Tamara Clark's 1st name.  He mispronounced it, was corrected, then went back to the mispronunciation.

I wouldn't know, I can't stand Howard Stern either. Gosh if I had to listen to one of them which would it be.... can I just smash the radio and read a book?