• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

When did Art interview John Titor?

Started by deltalitprof, March 27, 2016, 10:35:18 AM

deltalitprof

I don't remember this ever taking place, but I probably haven't heard all his shows. If you know the date when he is thought to have interviewed the character known as Titor, I'd sure like to know it.

LeslieV

It was back in 1998 that Art had a time traveler show and got a FAX from TITOR that started it all. 

Auslandia

Quote from: deltalitprof on March 27, 2016, 10:35:18 AM
I don't remember this ever taking place, but I probably haven't heard all his shows. If you know the date when he is thought to have interviewed the character known as Titor, I'd sure like to know it.

He never talked to him on the phone.  Just in print.

DanTSX

Quote from: Auslandia on March 27, 2016, 07:45:31 PM

He never talked to him on the phone.  Just in print.

Correct.  Interviews were with his "lawyer".

I don't even know if it was Art or Dave that did that.

GravitySucks

Quote from: DanTSX on March 27, 2016, 08:23:54 PM
Correct.  Interviews were with his "lawyer".

I don't even know if it was Art or Dave that did that.

There were a couple of shows that were interviews with the webmaster of the Titor archive website. I think his name was Oliver Williams and his lawyer, Larry Haber.

Morgus

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 27, 2016, 08:29:26 PM
There were a couple of shows that were interviews with the webmaster of the Titor archive website. I think his name was Oliver Williams and his lawyer, Larry Haber.
That was with Noory as host after Art retired.
Art never interviewed a John Titor, who only posted at the old Post to Post AM internet forum from 2000-2001 and then claimed to have left our timeline to return to his future 2036.
So if true, its impossible to interview the real John Titor after 2001 and now since he isn't in this timeline, other than his younger teenager (pre time traveler) self that was born in 1998 according to Titor's posts back in 2000-2001, which are still archived at the johntitor.com website.

Morgus

Quote from: LeslieV on March 27, 2016, 12:04:21 PM
It was back in 1998 that Art had a time traveler show and got a FAX from TITOR that started it all.
The guy never used the alias "John Titor" until he started posting at the Post to Post AM internet forum in late 2000, so back in 1998 it was just an anonymous faxer - no way to prove it was related to the guy who later used the alias "John Titor"

flimflam384

The John Titor interview is lost to the fifth dimension, with the Henry VIII "Turkey Leg" painting that Holbein painted,the version of Star Wars Empire Strikes Back where Vader says "Luke, I am your father", and the Berenstein Bears.   ::)

(in other words, it doesn't exist here in Dimension C-137)

cweb

Oliver Williams was one of the people interviewed about John Titor. Larry Haber is the "family attorney."

Williams' page on C2C: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/williams-oliver/5638

Haber's page: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/haber-larry/6667

Nothing I can find on Coast's site about talking to Titor, himself.

scottydawg

Did anyone ever check and see if there was a Larry Haber licensed to practice law in Florida?

gotta love it when a fan calls in and says how memorable the Titor interview was

DanTSX

Quote from: scottydawg on March 28, 2016, 10:46:04 AM
Did anyone ever check and see if there was a Larry Haber licensed to practice law in Florida?

Yes.

But the Bar exam has a very favorable curve in Florida.

It might not have been florida either iirc.

Quote from: flimflam384 on March 28, 2016, 12:42:08 AM
The John Titor interview is lost to the fifth dimension, with the Henry VIII "Turkey Leg" painting that Holbein painted,the version of Star Wars Empire Strikes Back where Vader says "Luke, I am your father", and the Berenstein Bears.   ::)

(in other words, it doesn't exist here in Dimension C-137)
You forgot the version of Empire Strikes Back where in Bespin City, Luke jumps from the rigging of the central shaft, and Vader uses the force to lift him back up and throw him the evil eye for a couple of seconds before letting go and dropping him down the shaft again. Anyone remember that version ? Is it in the extended cut, because I've never seen that scene again after the one time in the theater. It was even in the previews on TV months before the first release in theaters.

GravitySucks

Quote from: DanTSX on March 29, 2016, 11:19:37 PM
Yes.

But the Bar exam has a very favorable curve in Florida.

It might not have been florida either iirc.

I thought it was like Nebraska.

Auslandia

Jimmy Church's interview with Larry Haber (Titor family attorney) was pretty good in case anyone missed it.
https://youtu.be/fLN5_fhUazs
What I don't get is why Heather never mentioned any of this during her interview with the fake Titor.  If his mother "Kay" had actually hired an attorney, this would be something that any real John Titor would be aware of. 

pate

Quote from: deltalitprof on March 27, 2016, 10:35:18 AM

Some old guy once told me this story;

OLD GUY: 'bout all I have to say about that.

ME: Well?

THEY: What infarction, seemed peaceful and sleepy-like.

ge30542

"John Titor, that's a big get for Heather"......Art Bell

Robert

Quote from: deltalitprof on March 27, 2016, 10:35:18 AMIf you know the date when he is thought to have interviewed the character known as Titor,
By whose reckoning of time?

ge30542

"John Titor, that's a big get for Heather".....

This thread had me listening to some of the old time travel shows. One is just the first hour and has a caller informing Art of a Chupacabra like creature called 'Chupa mi verga' who eats 'spitting snakes' instead of goats. Art bought it hook like and sinker.

1997-07-15 Open Lines

hitfan

John Titor was a hoax, obviously.  Off the top of my head, he made 3 major predictions that never came to pass:

1) There would be Waco-style government crackdowns every month starting in 2004 (start of a US civil war)
2) The olympics would be canceled in 2008
3) There would be a nuclear war in 2015 where Russia would vaporize a lot of major US cities.

The last one should put to rest any claims that JT was the real deal.

Morgus

Quote from: hitfan on July 24, 2016, 05:57:21 AM
John Titor was a hoax, obviously.  Off the top of my head, he made 3 major predictions that never came to pass:

1) There would be Waco-style government crackdowns every month starting in 2004 (start of a US civil war)
3) There would be a nuclear war in 2015 where Russia would vaporize a lot of major US cities.

Not necessarily, considering John Titor in his posts on the old Art Bell "post to post am" message board around 2001 made it very clear he was from an "alternate timeline" so events that happened in his timeline may not all happen the same in our timeline...

ItsOver

Thank goodness we could at least rely on this guy.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on July 24, 2016, 03:28:50 PM
Thank goodness we could at least rely on this guy.

Major Dames (Dr. Doom) obviously remote views alternate timelines as well...  8)

Well it's just a year later and we now have NATO poking the Russian Lion with a stick and Putin warning the war would be nuclear.  Obviously Titor was just a roleplayer but he obviously wasn't stupid.

Art will interview Titor in 2036, but will also interview him in 2000. Wrap your puny mind around that OP. The next attack will be in the south.