• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Muslim Terrorism in Brussels. 2 Explosions at Airport. Many Dead.

Started by The King of Kings, March 22, 2016, 02:27:16 AM

coaster

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 22, 2016, 12:50:52 PM
Thoughts go out to the Ford family today but I can't help thinking though that they had this guy professionally offed for being too much of an embarrassment to Toronto. We've all heard the stories about the attempts to weaponoze fast-acting cancers by major world governments.  ;)
Rob Ford did what many could not do. He bridged the divide between affluent white people and inner city youth. He passed the peace pipe so Canada could have a brighter future. He was a hero and should be lauded as one.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 22, 2016, 12:50:52 PM
Thoughts go out to the Ford family today but I can't help thinking though that they had this guy professionally offed for being too much of an embarrassment to Toronto. We've all heard the stories about the attempts to weaponoze fast-acting cancers by major world governments.  ;)

He was a good man. I have a lady friend from TO that knew him pretty well; her sons are both Police officers in TO and had the deepest respect for Mr. Ford and how he supported law enforcement. May God rest his soul and his family be comforted.

coaster

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 22, 2016, 12:59:02 PM
He was a good man. I have a lady friend from TO that knew him pretty well; her sons are both Police officers in TO and had the deepest respect for Mr. Ford and how he supported law enforcement. May God rest his soul and his family be comforted.
A friend of mine said she met him on a couple occasions and said he could not have been a nicer guy. He was down to Earth and quite the cut up. I think he stood out from the crowd not because of his scandals, but because he was a normal guy. He even poked fun at himself instead of hiding from it. What politician does that? Good dude, Rob Ford.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: MV on March 22, 2016, 12:53:07 PM
i thought ford was great.  a regular guy with regular guy problems.

My impression of him was similar, MV. I think a lot of people felt this way about him and felt he was being unfairly crucified by the media. However, when you let drug dealers take a picture together with you after enjoying their product with them it perhaps denotes a lack of sound judgement. I even liked him in spite of that though. He was that kind of guy. He could've been Clinton big  ;)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: coaster on March 22, 2016, 01:03:41 PM
A friend of mine said she met him on a couple occasions and said he could not have been a nicer guy. He was down to Earth and quite the cut up. I think he stood out from the crowd not because of his scandals, but because he was a normal guy. He even poked fun at himself instead of hiding from it. What politician does that? Good dude, Rob Ford.
Kind of a white Marion Barry, eh?   :o

albrecht

Quote from: MV on March 22, 2016, 12:53:07 PM
i thought ford was great.  a regular guy with regular guy problems.
He was a colorful personality and I'm sorry for his family. He also had the best excuse ever for smoking crack: I was drunk! Not the usual political denial or even trying to turn it into some public cause or sympathy.

What is amazing/scary is that Belgium essentially shut-down the city earlier and are spending untold amounts of money and mobilizing all police to go after the terrorists and still these horrible attacks happen. I'm sure there will be usual candle-lite vigils and much calls for unity and hand-wringing about what did we do wrong to upset these Muslims.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on March 22, 2016, 01:44:20 PM
He was a colorful personality and I'm sorry for his family. He also had the best excuse ever for smoking crack: I was drunk! Not the usual political denial or even trying to turn it into some public cause or sympathy.

What is amazing/scary is that Belgium essentially shut-down the city earlier and are spending untold amounts of money and mobilizing all police to go after the terrorists and still these horrible attacks happen. I'm sure there will be usual candle-lite vigils and much calls for unity and hand-wringing about what did we do wrong to upset these Muslims.

I think we'll also probably need a touching scene between a father and toddler son where he explains to him that, in spite of all the dead bodies, the terrorists still didn't win and that he shouldn't fear their guns because we still have flowers.  ::)

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 22, 2016, 01:29:10 PM
Kind of a white Marion Barry, eh?   :o
Actually he was much more honest. No conspiracy theory or "that bitch set me up" but the oldest excuse in the book: "I was drunk!"

albrecht

Quote from: mikuthing01 on March 22, 2016, 05:20:24 PM
Canada is a big fat mess
FYI the guy actually served as a soldier and a cop and is Sikh; not a Muslim. Sikh were loyal to the Crown during various troubles in the course of history and also are not against defense (their religion demands that they wear a small sword) and have had conflicts with both the Muslims and Hindus over the course of time. Ok, still a bit weird being head of the armed forces of the Great White North being an Indian (former) but compared to a lot of people in various governments he seems to be a good guy.

bateman

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/22/u-s-officials-bash-shitty-belgian-security-forces.html

Quote“Even with the EU in general, there’s an infiltration of jihadists that’s been happening for two decades. And now they’re just starting to work on this. When we have to contact these people or send our guys over to talk to them, we’re essentially talking with people who areâ€"I’m just going to put it bluntlyâ€"children. These are not pro-active, they’re don’t know what’s going on. They’re in such denial. It’s such a frightening thing to admit their country is being taken over.”

mikuthing01

Quote from: albrecht on March 22, 2016, 05:26:10 PM
FYI the guy actually served as a soldier and a cop and is Sikh; not a Muslim. Sikh were loyal to the Crown during various troubles in the course of history and also are not against defense (their religion demands that they wear a small sword) and have had conflicts with both the Muslims and Hindus over the course of time. Ok, still a bit weird being head of the armed forces of the Great White North being an Indian (former) but compared to a lot of people in various governments he seems to be a good guy.

I am aware of Sikh's and their hatred of Muslims but as Canada's Minister of defense refusing to answer a terror question because it's pizza night is ridiculous.

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on March 22, 2016, 05:26:10 PM
...still a bit weird being head of the armed forces of the Great White North being an Indian (former) but compared to a lot of people in various governments he seems to be a good guy.
I don't care for our government (did you see our 29 billion dollar "investment" they announced today?  Only a spin dr. could call a deficit that size an investment.)  That said, I have seen nothing from our minister of defense that I do not like.  He is good in interviews, and he seems to have a genuine love of the country.

After praising a member of our ruling government, I am off to scrub with bleach.

mikuthing01

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 22, 2016, 05:23:24 PM
He served three tours in Afghanistan.  You?

Type 1 diabetic (not the fat fuck type) since the age of 10 i am prepared to fight when it comes here though. I am in the Obama militia since he sold me a closet full of salt rifles and ammunition ;)

WOTR

Quote from: VoteQuimby on March 22, 2016, 12:17:25 PM
These walking racist /pol/ memes aside.

I'm genuinely concerned more by the reaction to the terrorist attack than the terrorist attack to be honest family. 200 people got blown the fuck up today yet the main concern seems to be the reaction to the terrorist attack and not the attack itself.

I don't know what to tell you.  I'm kind of happy to not have to read how horrible it was a hundred times over.  It was, and there really is no other reaction.  I think that most of us have just left it as an unspoken truth.  The attack itself was bad.

That said, I have changed my profile to one of those missing at least for a couple of days ( As a reminder of the actual cost of this...)

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on March 22, 2016, 05:45:50 PM
I don't care for our government (did you see our 29 billion dollar "investment" they announced today?  Only a spin dr. could call a deficit that size an investment.)  That said, I have seen nothing from our minister of defense that I do not like.  He is good in interviews, and he seems to have a genuine love of the country.

After praising a member of our ruling government, I am off to scrub with bleach.
Yeah, I'm not proficient in other languages but I'm curious is other countries/systems also play these word-games our politicians and bureaucrats the common of which is the use "spending" into an "investment."

Yeah, from what I briefly had heard he has a had a good career in the military and police. My only caveat is that it can go both ways: sometimes immigrants are the most flag-waving and dedicated citizens and can even "I got mine and now no more" (and Sikhs aren't predisposed to Muslims) but, then again, it can also go the other way and they want to import more immigrants, grant amnesty, etc. It depends on the person, assimilation, where they come from, and their success in the new country (Europe we see 2nd and 3rd generations of immigrants resenting their countries to a great degree.)

WOTR

Quote from: mikuthing01 on March 22, 2016, 05:37:36 PM
I am aware of Sikh's and their hatred of Muslims but as Canada's Minister of defense refusing to answer a terror question because it's pizza night is ridiculous.

No doubt his wishing to be with his family rather than answer a pointless question will directly lead to a terrorist attack in Canada.  His wife and kids should understand that answering the question "Do you think that the attack in Brussels was a bad thing" is more important.

(To be fair, I don't know what the question was- but I do know that his not answering it will have absolutely no impact on anything in this universe other than some reporter missing a quote for tomorrows paper...) Really, not a big deal.  If it were every day, and he left question period to pick up McDonalds I may be a little more outraged.

norland2424

Quote from: mikuthing01 on March 22, 2016, 05:52:07 PM
Type 1 diabetic (not the fat fuck type) since the age of 10 i am prepared to fight when it comes here though. I am in the Obama militia since he sold me a closet full of salt rifles and ammunition ;)

Sure you are fatso.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: mikuthing01 on March 22, 2016, 05:52:07 PM
Don't think that gives you the privilege of going after those who did serve with honor...when it wasn't even their fooking country that got attacked.  Some do.  Some fantasize.

Dr. MD MD

I can't believe all the bullshit double-speak I'm hearing on the news about the bombings. When reporters rightly ask "If the place has been under high security since Paris how could this happen?" After dancing around ideas like, "It's complex and complicated," and "asymmetric war" they go right to the smartphone debate and basically say, "Come on! Isn't this evidence that we need the ability to break into anyone's digital devices we want?! Now gimme!" It's quite the propaganda machine we're witnessing right now. Goebbels would be impressed!  ::)

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 22, 2016, 07:28:26 PM
I can't believe all the bullshit double-speak I'm hearing on the news about the bombings. When reporters rightly ask "If the place has been under high security since Paris how could this happen?" After dancing around ideas like, "It's complex and complicated," and "asymmetric war" they go right to the smartphone debate and basically say, "Come on! Isn't this evidence that we need the ability to break into anyone's digital devices we want?! Now gimme!" It's quite the propaganda machine we're witnessing right now. Goebbels would be impressed!  ::)
Not to mention that our government had directives that agents should not look at social media accounts of Islamic immigrants or those trying to obtain VISAs- lest we profile or offend. But the same government demands ability to gain back-door access to our phones and uses things like Stingray etc to snoop on us.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/secret-us-policy-blocks-agents-social-media-visa/story?id=35749325
And overlook intelligence given by other countries, groups, or even other agencies or our own due to incompetence, political correctness, or worse. Ala Boston Bombers, 9/11, OKC, etc.

chefist

Has Obama or any other Dem spoke out yet for tolerance for Muslims?

coaster

It honestly feels like grade school here. The only time an entire group of people are to blame, is if an entire group of people are doing something. If that's not the case, you are blaming innocent people of a crime they did not commit.
How many muslim extremists are there? Compare that with the number of muslims around the world. would it be 100% of them committing terrorism? probably not. 50%? very doubtful. maybe 1%? not even fucking close.
heres some math some of you knucklehead preschoolers may understand. If I have one bucket that contains millions upon millions of apples, and there are a few rotten ones. how many are left? Should we figure out a way to get rid of the bad ones? Or should we just throw the whole bushel out?
before you answer, remember. you have people like this-
Quote from: The King of Kings on March 22, 2016, 03:39:32 AM
The savage muslims don't care who they kill with their terrorism, why should we treat them any differently.

You are either with us or against us.  If you are against us go stand on the side with the muslims and know that no quarter will be given to you.  You will be gunned down just the same, your body thrown in a mass grave, forgotten in time, just heartbreak in your families heart as a traitor as you sided with the muslims and not your countrymen.
one of you terrorism experts who advocated killing all muslims, please, give me the math. because I am not understanding your reasoning for being fucking retarded. also, drink milk and eat your veggies.
drunk Coaster OUT!