• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What's with his obsession with EVIL ??

Started by karameh1, March 19, 2016, 02:52:54 AM

karameh1

It's bad enough that Noory feels free to toss around monikers like "thugs" and "animals" when referring to the patent enemies of civilization, secure in the belief that no right-minded listener will blame him for that.  The countless times that he pursues confirmation from his guests and callers of the existence of evil -- rather than concentrate on the existence of goodness and life -- worries me that his next leap of faith will be to declare ISIS, Al Qaeda et al to be the anti-Christ, if he hasn't already.  Hard to argue with that, one might say, until one takes into consideration the dreaded slippery slope into racism which might taint all Arabs or all Muslims or who knows who . . .  at any rate, why must he persist in receiving validation of this "phenomenon"?  He never is satisfied by answers to the affirmative, and it seems more of a crusade on his part to constantly remind everyone of his obsession and that we all should be vigilant of its descent upon us. :o

What say ye of this ghastly habit of his ?

Quote from: karameh1 on March 19, 2016, 02:52:54 AM
It's bad enough that Noory feels free to toss around monikers like "thugs" and "animals" when referring to the patent enemies of civilization, secure in the belief that no right-minded listener will blame him for that.  The countless times that he pursues confirmation from his guests and callers of the existence of evil -- rather than concentrate on the existence of goodness and life -- worries me that his next leap of faith will be to declare ISIS, Al Qaeda et al to be the anti-Christ, if he hasn't already.  Hard to argue with that, one might say, until one takes into consideration the dreaded slippery slope into racism which might taint all Arabs or all Muslims or who knows who . . .  at any rate, why must he persist in receiving validation of this "phenomenon"?  He never is satisfied by answers to the affirmative, and it seems more of a crusade on his part to constantly remind everyone of his obsession and that we all should be vigilant of its descent upon us. :o

What say ye of this ghastly habit of his ?

You do realize that you are talking about the guy who loves to read grotesque news stories on the air about children dying especially babies, right?

Cherish1123

he is a huge christian. Christianity is mainly based on fear of evil and protection from evil etc. his christian faith and views bleed over into the program more and more on a weekly basis it seems.

UFQuack

Quote from: Cherish1123 on March 19, 2016, 04:57:11 PM
he is a huge christian. Christianity is mainly based on fear of evil and protection from evil etc. his christian faith and views bleed over into the program more and more on a weekly basis it seems.

Nah, that's just Greg Nowell, psychic vampire extraordinaire, and his penchant for what he calls "controversy" otherwise known in his mind as "ratings gold".

albrecht

Quote from: Cherish1123 on March 19, 2016, 04:57:11 PM
Not at all, his Manichaenistic view of the world was dismissed by the Christian church(es) early on in their existence and was heavily persecuted against by not just the Catholic Church, but the Roman Empire, the Chinese (especially under Emperor Ming of Tang,) and the Persian Empire. And later, though is not clear that direct descendant of it, the Cathars in France by the King/Church. He is like a weird mix where the beleefs, or any theology, cannot be nailed down except some basic Manichaeism with a lot of New Age thrown in for good measure.

karameh1

Oxford online dictionary:

"Manichaeism (also Manicheism)
noun

"1. A dualistic religious system with Christian, Gnostic, and pagan elements, founded in Persia in the 3rd century by Manes (circa 216-circa 276). The system was based on a supposed primeval conflict between light and darkness. It spread widely in the Roman Empire and in Asia, and survived in eastern Turkestan (Xinjiang) until the 13th century.

"1.1Religious or philosophical dualism."

Well at least I know how to label him now.  Although I see little difference between Manichaeism and what Cherish1123 is talkin about.

DanTSX

You guys are overthinking this....

Noory thinks in supermarket tabloid terms.   It's the same depth of thought as indigo children, black eyed children, crystals, etc, etc.   Just another meme that the cat ladies with crystals that still listen to his show can anchor abstractions to.

I think the topic as George approaches it is rooted more in a twisted mishmash of new age buzzwords and topics he cobbles together from his roadshows he does on the quack enlightens circuit.   I think it is ridiculous to try to peg it to his interpretation of Christianity, ( which I don't think is a very overt tone except when suits the topic)