• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Truck driver stories/ghost stories/mythology

Started by nathan, February 27, 2016, 12:06:09 PM

nathan

Hey everyone, so Chorch did a show last night with a guy who knew a little bit about truck driving stories/myths/legends/whatever, and I LOVE the subject matter but it just was kinda lackluster for me last night. Heather also had a caller on MITD last night who said some interesting things, and I know Art has had some truckers on open lines and whatnot, but does anyone know of any specific old Art Bell episodes that deal with this stuff?

coaster

Robert

I bet bus driver stories could beat them easily.

Uncle Duke

I paid for college working summers (starting at age 13) on a crew that did very specialized maintenance at shopping malls across the eastern US.  I spent alot of time on the road in company trucks, usually traveling/working at night.  I saw some truly amazing things during those nights, although nothing supernatural.  Scariest was finding out three criminally insane inmates had escaped from a state facility and apparently walked by us as we were unloading our truck.

311guy1

George Knapp had Annie Wilder on a few years ago, she wrote a book called Trucker Ghost Stories. It had stories told to her by truck drivers and others who encountered odd things while driving around the US. It's a very good read.

stargazr1976

Ill give you a truck driver story. Was a friend on mine. Fucker just died . Give me a min. Will be my last contribution for quite a while.

Ciardelo

Quote from: stargazr1976 on March 01, 2016, 09:18:39 AM
Ill give you a truck driver story. Was a friend on mine. Fucker just died . Give me a min. Will be my last contribution for quite a while.
I'm sorry for your loss stargazr1976.