• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How I would change, Midnight in the Desert.

Started by Keykou, February 12, 2016, 12:26:57 PM

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on May 01, 2016, 06:59:19 PM
He almost DIED! He was face down in the dirt for 20 minutes while "Charle" was shooting at him.

Hog

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 01, 2016, 06:21:09 PM
Did he apologize for claiming to be threatened, shot at, and having a 'stalker'?  No.
Why would he?  His apology was sincere.  We're coming up on 6 months of Art quitting.  This horse has died and has been beaten so much, that it has now reverted back to its constituent atoms and compounds. 

peace
Hog

maybe it was someone closer to home that took the pot shots

Quote from: Hog on May 02, 2016, 02:29:44 PM
Why would he?  His apology was sincere.  We're coming up on 6 months of Art quitting.  This horse has died and has been beaten so much, that it has now reverted back to its constituent atoms and compounds. 

peace
Hog

Art was lured back by the excitement of doing a show again, then decided he didn't really want to.  Fair enough (even though he's done it twice recently).  Sure he would have taken some shit for doing it again this time, but so what.

Instead he decided to take what he thought was the easy way out, and lie to his fans about being shot at and having a stalker. 

He had nothing to apologize for in not wanting to do the show.  He realized he really shit the bed with his BS though, and decided to apologize, but for something else.  In hopes that down the road, when things get hazy, it will just be remembered that he 'apologized'.  Bollocks. 

This reminds me of awhile back when someone brought up the fact that he insists on calling his wife 'Erin', instead of 'Irene', which is the proper pronunciation.  Because he likes that better.

His response - to say it's because 'a German doctor' spelled her name 'Airyn' on her birth certificate.  Except the discussion was about pronunciation, not spelling.

Turns out in addition to a willingness to lie to make himself look better, he'll also change the issue slightly, just enough, so he can respond to a different issue than the one at hand.  Hence the apology that really isn't.  I'd call it devious, not 'sincere'.

Yeah, it's a dead horse.  Yet one that keeps coming up and deserves to be responded to.  This whole sad episode has shocked me, maybe it shouldn't have.

Lilith

Quote from: Hog on May 02, 2016, 02:29:44 PM

peace
Hog

Catsmile

DONE!!1

Hog

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 02, 2016, 07:14:51 PM
Art was lured back by the excitement of doing a show again, then decided he didn't really want to.  Fair enough (even though he's done it twice recently).  Sure he would have taken some shit for doing it again this time, but so what.

Instead he decided to take what he thought was the easy way out, and lie to his fans about being shot at and having a stalker. 

He had nothing to apologize for in not wanting to do the show.  He realized he really shit the bed with his BS though, and decided to apologize, but for something else.  In hopes that down the road, when things get hazy, it will just be remembered that he 'apologized'.  Bollocks. 

This reminds me of awhile back when someone brought up the fact that he insists on calling his wife 'Erin', instead of 'Irene', which is the proper pronunciation.  Because he likes that better.

His response - to say it's because 'a German doctor' spelled her name 'Airyn' on her birth certificate.  Except the discussion was about pronunciation, not spelling.

Turns out in addition to a willingness to lie to make himself look better, he'll also change the issue slightly, just enough, so he can respond to a different issue than the one at hand.  Hence the apology that really isn't.  I'd call it devious, not 'sincere'.

Yeah, it's a dead horse.  Yet one that keeps coming up and deserves to be responded to.  This whole sad episode has shocked me, maybe it shouldn't have.
This all depends on whether you think that Art created the whole stalker situation.  Obviously you do, as do a few others here.  I think that the 100% truth is somewhere in the middle of the muddle, there is always some modicum of truth to the worlds best lies.

In many years from now, I wonder what Art's daughter Asia will think of her Fathers storied career.  I know now that my Father is gone, I wish that I could research his history, with Art that research is only a few keystrokes away and it doesnt all look good.

Some people do not have the ability to apologize at all, maybe Art is one of those people.  This is why I belive the apology sounded sincere.   Said apology, or at least the discussion of the situation should have taken place during the last MITD with Art Bell, instead of having the entire explanation being dumped on Redacted's lap to explain.  It does seem difficut for Art to "tell it the way it is", a quality that I thought Art had mastered, but alas I find that he is only human.

peace
Hog

Quote from: Hog on May 02, 2016, 09:31:27 PM
... In many years from now, I wonder what Art's daughter Asia will think of her Fathers storied career... with Art that research is only a few keystrokes away and it doesnt all look good...

The good news is, by then it won't really matter much, just a minor unresolved controversy on the tail end of a career

superfan

Quote from: coaster on February 13, 2016, 04:15:39 PM
x2. It does get grating, although I've actually only listened to one full show and even then it got a bit overbearing. Also, her train of thought. Instead of thinking of a question while the guest is speaking, she thinks one up after they are done and it sometimes comes out as a rolling, rambling mess. You can hear her grasping for words.
I've also noticed that sometimes she gives her opinion on a guest's answer and all that comes out is the guest's opinion re-worded. It's weird. I'm not trying to "troll her" or knock her down here. I think they are valid criticisms.

OK Lets sum up the opinion as I see it more or less paraphrasing what most of you posters say:

1) Heather is a fucking useless amateur,her idiosyncrasies are driving most of you nuts.I must ad that the way she S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-S out words does make me want to commit Hari Kiri.. The way she lets radio turds, be they guests or callers drag on,and on,and on without interrupting them at all has caused me much ulceration.ALSO;she seems to NEVER ask the killer (or key intelligent) question in an interview.Her interviews are a sleeping pill.Reminds me of a chemistry prof whose monotone lectures could put you to sleep.Heather can not,or is unable to get Control of ANY show.It is a long monotonic hodgepodge of mixed up shit.

2)Most believe Art is bullshitting or at least stretched the truth about his stalker.I believe Art except I feel that it was a corporate mediated attack on Art and his family to get him to quit. The slashed studio cables, etc the whole chain of evidence is what convinces me this is real.I have never known Art to  be a liar but of course I could be wrong.

3) Most feel she is better than Snoory.(Not good that you have to think about that).

4) Most blame Art for  Heather.Art may be a great personality on air but obviously this proves HE SUCKS when it comes to choosing talent. Does Art truly understand how shit Heather is????  That is the $64,000.00 question.

5) Most on most of the threads are saying" Give us a new voice ...ANYONE...WE ARE DESPERATE!

6) My choice.. George Knapp.. Linda Moulton Howe... or Bozo the clown(cant be worse.... no...Paranormal Snoory  is the worst for all Eternity)

Quote from: superfan on May 03, 2016, 02:03:59 AM
6) My choice.. George Knapp.. Linda Moulton Howe... or Bozo the clown(cant be worse.... no...Paranormal Snoory  is the worst for all Eternity)

George Knapp would be awesome. Open up the wallet, Rowland!

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 03, 2016, 04:12:48 AM
George Knapp would be awesome. Open up the wallet, Rowland!

From what I've heard Knapp is either happy with his current situation or maybe locked into a contract over there.  This had come up when, during more optimistic times, we once speculated who might be a weekend host for Art.