• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Martin Shkreli - What to do with him?

Started by 3OctaveFart, February 04, 2016, 04:56:07 PM

coaster

Shkreli is a nut. After all of this shit dies down, and after his inevitable prison sentence, he will be ripe for a reality show. He is a character for sure.

VtaGeezer

That the greed-driven prick wasn't beaten to death months ago amidst a cheering crowd shows that America is not as violent as it's made out to be.

albrecht

I recall a few years back some company stopped production on some vital cancer drug and caused a shortage because they changed the lines to make an "ED" drug. I'm not sure what the solution is. Interestingly Europe and much of the rest of the world benefit from our profit system, laws, advertising, and government granted limited liability (in some cases, like vaccines.) While we get screwed by the costs and inflation from insurance companies and lawsuits, profiteering/exploitation by drug companies, Obamacare, over prescribing, advertising, illegal aliens bilking the system, and off-label usage (wink-wink says Big Pharma.) I'm not sure what the solution is but I'm sure the TPP will solve the problem for the manufacturer's.

ItsOver

Where's a jackhammer?  How about a point-blank rocket launcher shot.

Zoo

Feed him to the animals in the state/federal prison. Trust me they will be more than happy to take care of him!!1

VtaGeezer

Quote from: ItsOver on February 04, 2016, 06:56:06 PM
Where's a jackhammer?  How about a point-blank rocket launcher shot.

Too easy.  Too quick.  He should be infected with a parasitic infection that causes toxoplasmosis and left chained in a bed on public display without the cure that he denied to others to generate outrageous profit.  The worst thing about his story is that thanks to the postwar B-school ethic, Wall St is replete with his Gordon Gecko-like peers.  Remember Ford's Pinto gas tank risk analysis?

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 04, 2016, 07:18:37 PM
Too easy.  Too quick.  He should be infected with a parasitic infection that causes toxoplasmosis and left chained in a bed on public display without the cure that he denied to others to generate outrageous profit.  The worst thing about his story is that thanks to the postwar B-school ethic, Wall St is replete with his Gordon Gecko-like peers.  Remember Ford's Pinto gas tank risk analysis?
I seem to recall that some analysts for Phillip-Morris (I think- don't sue me) wrote a paper for the recently now independent Czech Republic showing how the smoking rates will actually save the government money (due to pension and long-term healthcare costs.) I don't know how to solve things because, at some point, everything is a cost/benefit and risk analysis and shareholders would expect a company to pay attention to the bottom-line. But it does seem very immoral with the prices involved are people's lives. But, it is done in every aspect of life (in government, in insurance, in triage, in war, in business, in city/street planning/zoning, etc.)

Jackstar

Do like what Molly did to Lester when they let him go. Someone is gonna go get those gloves.