• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I'm getting off of the Art Bell train

Started by ponyboysunset, January 15, 2016, 07:15:12 PM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Bounder on January 15, 2016, 10:12:10 PM
A lot my life is spent locked to my drafting table â€" Art used to be good "company" for long assignments.

Somehow most podcasts aren't enough; Dan Carlin's Hardcore History comes close.  Then I discovered Joe Rogan.  Highly listenable â€" open to Art-subjects but, generally, way more bullshit-proof.  If I'd heard Dr. Stephen Greer there first, I'd never need to hear him again.  He didn't stand a chance.
What type are you looking for? Maybe I can help.

God damn it I'm angry right now. Art threatening MV is the last thing I thought could possibly happen. I'm just incensed. That is the most insane decision he could of made after literally months of insane horrible decision. This old man is nothing but a drama queen and a really stupid one at that.

PathoJen

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 15, 2016, 10:13:38 PM
God damn it I'm angry right now. Art threatening MV is the last thing I thought could possibly happen. I'm just incensed. That is the most insane decision he could of made after literally months of insane horrible decision. This old man is nothing but a drama queen and a really stupid one at that.
I honestly don't know why he's so mad. Does anyone? Believe it or not, I'm not trolling, I honestly do not know why he's so bent.

Bounder

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on January 15, 2016, 10:10:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAFKnfN4bfk

As with most things, it's not the originator I dislike, it's the followers.  She did it to herself, inventing "Objectivism."

The Fountainhead is among my favorite books . . . also AnthemAtlas Shrugged, too strained.

ponyboysunset

Here no one should get yelled at for speaking their minds. We are way beyond us and them.
Possible replacement podcasts higher side chats, Howard Hughes, Steve Warner.

Bounder

Quote from: PathoJen on January 15, 2016, 10:14:02 PM
Heather not your cup of tea?

Patho: first, bless you and your avatar.

Heather's alright.  The mystery moved from cute to annoying long ago.  Show yourself, interact more, don't let the trolls win.  That way lies Art.

Quote from: PathoJen on January 15, 2016, 10:15:28 PM
I honestly don't know why he's so mad. Does anyone? Believe it or not, I'm not trolling, I honestly do not know why he's so bent.

I don't know, once Heather took over I completely tuned out because the show was pathetic and the drama was equally so. I've just been popping on every once awhile for the political forum and to say hey to some friends on here. This is so out of left field.

I think this delusional old man just wants attention. You'll threaten a man who's spent years helping to cultivate your fan base while promoting your supposed ideals of free speech. Yet you'll sit there and take it like a bitch when you're supposedly being held under a ridiculous contract that makes you the equivalent of a slave for two years? Hahaha okay. No wonder why Noory stole his show, doesn't seem like it'd be too hard. Hell some lady he met on an internet forum who acts like Squeaky Fromme to his Charles Manson did it too.

Does he think this is going to get him anywhere? All it's going to do is incite people even more intensely against him which seems to be what he wants.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Bounder on January 15, 2016, 10:18:50 PM
Patho: first, bless you and your avatar.

Heather's alright.  The mystery moved from cute to annoying long ago.  Show yourself, interact more, don't let the trolls win.  That way lies Art.
Hey aren't you the one that gave me the image for my tattoo?

Bounder

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 10:12:58 PM
What type are you looking for? Maybe I can help.

I don't know exactly â€" I guess wit, curiosity (strong interest on the part of the host), low b.s. threshold.  Humor.  All of these while unafraid of higher and lower emotions.  Doesn't poke fun at sentimentality â€" but isn't necessarily sentimental.  Obeys the golden rule.

PathoJen

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 10:17:44 PM
Here no one should get yelled at for speaking their minds. We are way beyond us and them.
Possible replacement podcasts higher side chats, Howard Hughes, Steve Warner.

Howard Hughes gone from DMDN

Bounder

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 10:21:52 PM
Hey aren't you the one that gave me the image for my tattoo?

Yeah, that was such a surprise.  Your illustrator did a fine translation.

Bounder

Wonder where Jaz's emotional state is at, these days.  Has to be complicated.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Bounder on January 15, 2016, 10:23:20 PM
Yeah, that was such a surprise.  Your illustrator did a fine translation.
She is wonderful. New to tattooing. A little over a year. There is a mega torrent of Art's old shows. And tons of streams too. I am really into Phil Hendrie right now. Thanks for the image. It led me to a great artist.

Quote from: Bounder on January 15, 2016, 10:16:26 PM
As with most things, it's not the originator I dislike, it's the followers.  She did it to herself, inventing "Objectivism."

The Fountainhead is among my favorite books . . . also AnthemAtlas Shrugged, too strained.

i dunno. i just know that i'm old enough to see how things have panned out.

mostly, i have gobs of the 1970s the tomorrow show with Tom Snyder. ;D  it was posted as a kind of "you can dig deeper if interested" into the subject Jackstar offered.

respect.  8)

PathoJen

Quote from: Bounder on January 15, 2016, 10:25:40 PM
Doesn't anyone see him anymore? Poor guy. Although, I know he was pretty into Heather, so maybe he's happy.

Bounder

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 10:25:52 PM
She is wonderful. New to tattooing. A little over a year. There is a mega torrent of Art's old shows. And tons of streams too. I am really into Phil Hendrie right now. Thanks for the image. It led me to a great artist.

Any old time.

Quote from: Bounder on January 15, 2016, 10:16:26 PM

The Fountainhead is an awesome book.

ponyboysunset

I love that this turned into a 'what should I do with my time' thread. I am glad we see unified again. God I bet open lines are gonna suck tonight.

Quote from: Bounder on January 15, 2016, 10:25:40 PM

"no worries" comes to mind.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA

PrairieGhost

I'm off the train. Has nothing to do with Redacted. $5 back in my pocket.

coloradoESQ

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 15, 2016, 07:48:13 PM
From his comments and the way he's conducted himself - from the way he ended Dark Matter, up to today - I've wondered if he doesn't alternate between wanting to do a show, and wanting everyone to forget him and leave him alone.
Art clearly does not want to do the show, if he did he would find a way and the opions open to him are obvious to all. As to wantng to be left alone, it seems the opposite is true. The troll talk & quitting controversy had seemed to settle down and what does Art do? He stokes the fire with his FB post, stirring things up again by repeating & misstating what he found objectionable weeks ago, tossing in some name calling & blame shiftng for good measure. Why? Perhaps to put himself back in the limelight of controversy & victimhood. Yes, Art is a talented man, but he is defective too.

flimflam384

Yeah...I think I just jumped off the Art train.

pate

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 09:42:03 PM
I know, right. Damned gays with their rights and agendas.  ;D

Forget which factory you came out of, PBS!  I have some disturbing capitalist commercial news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oze1ayvASbo

If there ever was a "lid" to blow off, that would be the smoking bowl...

Erm, sumtheen. 

Not Sure?

ponyboysunset

Welcome new members and old a like. I am about to go to the gym. See, life goes on when you get off the train. I also discovered last night that I know nothing about early 60s music and will be fixing that soon.

pate

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on January 15, 2016, 10:32:00 PM
"no worries" comes to mind.  8)

Eye didna kidya 'bout Barbie, but Awks/Z-landers and Kiqi-Kiwis?  Not Sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykEGtwJuZIs

'strayLions, always the destroyers...

Juan

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 16, 2016, 06:27:01 AM
Welcome new members and old a like. I am about to go to the gym. See, life goes on when you get off the train. I also discovered last night that I know nothing about early 60s music and will be fixing that soon.
I couldn't believe you didn't know Unchain My Heart.

henge0stone

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 15, 2016, 07:20:36 PM
After hearing how shabbily Art is treating MV, I am cancelling my MITD sub. I will keep Hoagie, for now.

How is Art treating MV?

pate

Quote from: henge0stone on January 16, 2016, 06:51:02 AM
How is Art treating MV?

I dunno, I speculate that MV isn't replying to e-mails.

Noor, as a wee bird tweeted;  he is not accepting PM's!?!?!

I can attest to the PM part, I've seekrut (R.E.Lee) been trying to poofEscher my lube 2 d'man fur daze!

No dice, arm too bigga dice to get 'round?

Send message CMDR OP4:  Nutz!

henge0stone

Quote from: pate on January 16, 2016, 06:57:52 AM
I dunno, I speculate that MV isn't replying to e-mails.

Noor, as a wee bird tweeted;  he is not accepting PM's!?!?!

I can attest to the PM part, I've seekrut (R.E.Lee) been trying to poofEscher my lube 2 d'man fur daze!

No dice, arm too bigga dice to get 'round?

Send message CMDR OP4:  Nutz!

So how can we say we hate the way Art is treating MV if we have no idea how he is treating him?

Oh wait I have discovered the answer

'add to this the legal threats art is now dropping in my inbox.  yay.  one of the messages said, in a roundabout way, "if you refuse to ban this user and he says something 'libelous' again, i'll sue you.'