• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I'm getting off of the Art Bell train

Started by ponyboysunset, January 15, 2016, 07:15:12 PM

anunnaki

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 17, 2016, 01:41:16 PM
Well, good to bring the good guests back.

DR J has a pretty abrasive voice but I actually like his interviewing style for some reason, and the subject matter he covers.  His show seems more Art than Art.  He has the passion for the subject that Art seems to have lost.  I guess it's inevitable for stuff to get played out after doing it so long.

He sounds Gay !

ponyboysunset

I think it's time I spend some quality time with my bass guitar. LOL.

Ms. C

Quote from: pyewacket on January 16, 2016, 12:43:29 PM
haha- it's almost like we're in a 12 step program. Thank you PBS for offering a place to vent. I've pretty much gone through all the stages and am now content with the company of the good people here.

I see the show as something I used to enjoy in the past and realize that it's best for me to leave it there. I will watch events as they unfold, with the same curiosity I have about any popular show or public figure. Entertainment is the name of the game after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iABFZGzEjY

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 18, 2016, 08:05:10 AM
I think it's time I spend some quality time with my bass guitar. LOL.

Whatever you do just stay golden, alright?  ;)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 18, 2016, 07:23:06 PM
Whatever you do just stay golden, alright?  ;)
I took a night off and stepped back. It felt great.

littlechris

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 19, 2016, 12:25:29 AM
I took a night off and stepped back. It felt great.

I usually go 3 months on, 3 months off. Not by choice though. lol  It does feel good to take a long break though.

Scorch

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 07:44:12 PM
No, not yet. But soon I will be on a new one. Details when I am allowed. :)

Regarding titty with the amount I have there is always some. Hahahahaha.

Don't tease me :)

Ghost Nutter

I will say this..should  Art Bell come back  again....Once he does finally  retire..He should retire the name of the show as well as himself...Trying to take over from art only ends in disaster..George noory is the only one that's  been successful  at it and for all that ended up being the most hated.

inuk2600

Well friends, I stayed on the train long enough to try to see where it's heading, and it looks like it's going straight to hell.

I have no ill will towards Heather for having the fortitude to jump into the big man's shoes and work hard to try to  keep the show together for Art's seamingly unlikely return at this point.
Right now I can't muster any enthusiasm or interest in the show. The magic is gone and really the only facet of the Art Bell universe that makes a modicum of sense is the brilliant Bellgab community.

Hopefully Heather is making bank on this deal and sucking up as much radio experience as she can while it lasts.

Scully

Quote from: ItsOver on January 22, 2016, 04:49:52 PM
How many times do I have sing this damn song for Mr. Bell?
As many as it's warranted, IO. Love those golden pipes.  8)

CrazyLady

I jumped ship as soon as I heard that Art was calling it quits, even with the dangled carrot of a possible return. I am dizzy from the yo-yo high/lows. I wish Art, his family, Keith and Heather all the best, but this lady is done with empty promises.
https://youtu.be/RPZOvXhJX8Y

zeebo

Imho Art derailed the train right when it was finally getting back up to cruising speed.  Whatever his reasons for doing it and whatever his plans going forward are largely irrelevant as that was a one-time deal.  So much effort and good will and planning and support and connections were grown to get MITD spun up ... and it was actually against all odds actually working - it was really good, and getting better ..  And then in about a two-day period it was all but smashed to pieces. 

I'm still bummed it didn't last longer, but I have no ill will either - and I hope Art & family are doing ok.  And I'm grateful forever to the guy for all the great shows and fun times.  But I just have lost all interest in any future developments after living through the last two hype/crash cycles.  Although if I ever were to hear him broadcast again, well, ah frig I just might listen. 

(Side note:  I do wish the best for Heather, and think she's got a bright future, whether or not it's this show or some other.  As I've mentioned elsewhere I do think Art should have either put MITD on long-term hiatus, or just outright killed it - and given Heather her own show, with it's own branding, music, segments, etc.  This uncertain tendril connecting Art back to the show really serves nobody I think.  However I do think it's impressive that she's jumped in and made the best of the situation. )

LoLo

I cancelled my subscription to MITD after Art went off the air and switched to an OSOM subscription. Soon after, I received an email that my OSOM subscription had been cancelled. I guess Keith had a confused moment and kept my sub to MITD active. I cancelled the MITD sub tonight.

BettyO417

Quote from: LoLo on February 04, 2016, 09:17:09 PM
I cancelled my subscription to MITD after Art went off the air and switched to an OSOM subscription. Soon after, I received an email that my OSOM subscription had been cancelled. I guess Keith had a confused moment and kept my sub to MITD active. I cancelled the MITD sub tonight.
I cancelled end of January. Waited to see if Art would come back on some kind of basis. He still hasn't committed and I don't think he'll be back for a long time. I don't know what it is, but as much as I try, Heather's voice is irritating to me. 5 bucks are 5 bucks. Takes some people a half an hour of work to make that. Have a great night!

I held on for a few months but I sadly cancelled today.  :'(

miamiron

I'm getting off of the Art Bell train
Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 07:15:12 PM
Who's with me? I am calling our first official meeting.

all aboard

Canned Heat

I would like to point out that psychopaths are not a mistake of nature.  Without them we would not have the many effective politicians and the most successful CEO's that we do.

Dr Who

I was a psycopath once but I killed everyone who called me that so lifes good now.

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on February 02, 2016, 08:39:02 PM
As I've mentioned elsewhere I do think Art should have either put MITD on long-term hiatus, or just outright killed it - and given Heather her own show, with it's own branding, music, segments, etc.
I agree... But this has got me to thinking- why leave it as MITD?  I wonder if Paypal would have an issue with the subscription continuing to MITD if it became "Heathers haunting hours."  If they had to cancel the recurring payments and ask people to subscribe again, it would all but guarantee the death of the network.  Right now, people are still getting what they paid for- "MITD" albeit, with a different host.