• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I'm done criticizing Heather.

Started by Auslandia, January 09, 2016, 11:23:23 AM

boxman

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 09, 2016, 04:22:35 PM
I would say no, I would not be defending Noory. After Oates, I think he's shown himself to be a corporate hack surrounded by some not so nice people trying to milk as much money from his public personality while they all can. As far as off my radar, he is, I don't listen to him anymore. As far as if he's any good or not, I would characterize him as bland and unengaged and, at my last listening, needs to up his game.

I'll criticize Art openly for making a series of ill-thought through, impulsive decisions. That's fair game, he did that in front of everyone. But this business of it being some convoluted plot to retire is silly, there's just no reason to suspect that unless, for whatever reason, you want to talk yourself into a conspiracy theory.
What about his past history?? The only other explanation is that he has been cursed and that is not plausible at all.
How come quite a few of us noticed how he seemed more and more cranky as time went on and started to suspect he might be retiring again soon?? It was the exact same behaviour he showed on Sirius as well as c2c before he "retired".

I dont think he is completely lying about the stalker, but I do believe it was exaggerated and used as a way to get out because he was no longer happy with doing the show. If it was not the stalker he would have found another reason to quit over.

Auslandia

Quote from: boxman on January 09, 2016, 08:18:46 PM
If she does not want to be compared to Art Bell, then she should tell Art to stop hyping her up as Art 2.0, making her try to copy the way he talks and using his bumper songs.

She's not him.  Redirect your vitriol towards Art if you feel like he's dicking you around. Heather is not the issue.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Auslandia on January 09, 2016, 09:43:00 PM
She's not him.  Redirect your vitriol towards Art if you feel like he's dicking you around. Heather is not the issue.
No shit--plus 1 billion.  :)

boxman

Quote from: Auslandia on January 09, 2016, 09:43:00 PM
And that is exactly the person I have been blaming for this. As I have stated over and over in other threads I have nothing against Heather herself. But still you cannot expect that people do not compare her to Art.

Ciardelo

Quote from: boxman on January 09, 2016, 10:57:33 PM
And that is exactly the person I have been blaming for this. As I have stated over and over in other threads I have nothing against Heather herself. But still you cannot expect that people do not compare her to Art.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: henge0stone on January 09, 2016, 05:20:58 PM
I never heard the Noory gets it show, but most people who can read Art would be able to tell he didn't like George. Some people would complain and he would say George has to take the show in the direction he wants. If you know art though you can read between the lines that he didn't like George but he never flat out said it until after he was done with C2C.

The show where he brought on the popular mechanics guy debunking the 9/11 madness you can tell he was pretty pissed that George had indulged in the 9/11 'truthers' as much as he did.
Back when Noory began having Alex Jones as a guest, Art was still doing weekends, and he said to a caller who commented on Jones that he'd never put Jones or his stuff on the air.  This was when Jones was just beginning his website and was chasing the New World Order and Illuminati.  Noory has no standards, and some responsibility for inflicting Jones on us.

VtaGeezer

If she does not want to be compared to Art Bell, then she should tell Art to stop hyping her up as Art 2.0, making her try to copy the way he talks and using his bumper songs.
We were up to at least Art v5.0 before HW arrived.  She may more correctly be Art v5.01.

Juan Cena

I'm assuming Art's music selections are the only ones Heather has clearances for bumper music. So it's either that or Hoagie's audio disasters.

Ciardelo

Quote from: boxman on January 09, 2016, 09:35:20 PM
What about his past history?? The only other explanation is that he has been cursed and that is not plausible at all.
How come quite a few of us noticed how he seemed more and more cranky as time went on and started to suspect he might be retiring again soon?? It was the exact same behaviour he showed on Sirius as well as c2c before he "retired".

I dont think he is completely lying about the stalker, but I do believe it was exaggerated and used as a way to get out because he was no longer happy with doing the show. If it was not the stalker he would have found another reason to quit over.

Jackstar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 09, 2016, 04:22:35 PM
But this business of it being some convoluted plot to retire is silly, there's just no reason to suspect that unless, for whatever reason, you want to talk yourself into a conspiracy theory.

It's times like these that I wonder what you're smoking and/or plugging. "No reason," ha-ha, that's a good one.

I'm embarrassed by my choice of you as my running mate, but as assassination protection, you're adequate.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 10, 2016, 01:40:46 AM

Can't believe Art wasn't happy about being back. It seemed as though he was starting to swipe stations from Dave.

If he was frustrated by anything show-related, it was the technical glitches he was having to deal with.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on January 09, 2016, 01:53:25 PM
I figured since I paid for half of the times square ad...

I had no idea of this.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Jackstar on January 10, 2016, 01:43:31 AM
I'm embarrassed by my choice of you as my running mate, but as assassination protection, you're adequate.

*Lick*

Robert

Quote from: Juan Cena on January 10, 2016, 01:36:10 AMI'm assuming Art's music selections are the only ones Heather has clearances for bumper music. So it's either that or Hoagie's audio disasters.
I'm finding pieces in the Free Music Archive whose licenses permit commercial use (with attribution) and that I like as much as MITD's existing bumper music.  For instance, I've tried some cuts of this album by Jahzzar, & found them eminently suitable for bumper use.  The entire album's available for direct commercial use & adaptation for the price of crediting it.  (And you don't have to hype it as being from an "emerging artist" -- but who'd be silly enough to do that for a piece you're going to play only a snatch of anyway?  ;) )  Why pay for something if you can get just as good gratis?

Auslandia

I'm gonna record a Gordon lightfoot cover and change all the words to stuff about a stalker shooting at my radio studio.  That would make great bumper music.

ItsOver

Quote from: Auslandia on January 10, 2016, 07:53:57 PM
I'm gonna record a Gordon lightfoot cover and change all the words to stuff about a stalker shooting at my radio studio.  That would make great bumper music.
This one wouldn't take much rework.

http://youtu.be/s8rR7E6NfY4

Auslandia

Quote from: ItsOver on January 10, 2016, 08:37:20 PM
This one wouldn't take much rework.

http://youtu.be/s8rR7E6NfY4

Sundown you better take care if I find you shooting while I'm on air!

K_Dubb

Quote from: Auslandia on January 10, 2016, 08:47:53 PM

Yes that's perfect!  Hoagie gets all kinds of songs.  Art needs one, too.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Auslandia on January 10, 2016, 08:47:53 PM

I can see a little mouse, an' he's lookin' at me
In a room where I thought I had the only key.
Sometimes I hate it when they call me a nutter
An' they won't take my crackers and my peanut butter.