• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I'm done criticizing Heather.

Started by Auslandia, January 09, 2016, 11:23:23 AM

Ciardelo

Quote from: Robert on January 09, 2016, 04:44:15 PM
Ms. Wade is improving somehow.  I don't know where the feedback is coming from, but  it seems like more than coincidence that she's getting better.  Maybe Art's coaching her.
Oh, I'm sure she has sought out your every little helpful critique of every little nuance in her voice. Don't sell yourself short! If the Artic Chunga lady can listen to me, Heather Ms. Wade can listen to you!

onan

Quote from: Robert on January 09, 2016, 04:48:09 PM
But I don't see 250 names being put forward here as replacements.

I thought you were a coach?

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on January 09, 2016, 04:46:43 PM
he he...never saw that one... ;D
Noory P.I. :)  It resulted when Noory was playing up a yet-to-happen studio in Hawaii.  Freaking Noory.  The poser of suckage.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Auslandia on January 09, 2016, 11:23:23 AM
Lord knows I'm guilty of this but from this point on, I'm making a conscious effort not to criticize Heather. 

1. It's pointless

2. It's a waste of energy

3. What exactly is it accomplishing? 

She's doing a show the best way she knows how.  She got shafted by Art's flakiness.  There you go. You guys have fun with picking apart every nuance of the show.  I'm gonna have a beer and get on with things.

Any criticism I've ever launched was mostly due to comparing her to Art or being mad at Art which isn't fair.  I can't believe I allowed myself to get wrapped up in the fervor.  Heather-- sorry for whatever it's worth.  Carry on & have fun with the show. 

If you hate the show, stop subscribing.  It's pretty fucking easy.

Since Auslandia decided to start off this thread by lumping all the Heather critics together, it's only fair to try and sum up Heather's tireless defenders thusly:

Cut her some slack because (INSERT WHATEVER).

Most of us have heard this line many times and it usually has some merit. But "some slack" always has its limits and when they are exceeded people do notice and point out that fact repeatedly. It's understandable. So it's only fair to cut them some slack as well by distinguishing between genuine trolls and people with opinions you don't appreciate. And trying to suppress what you consider dissent by labeling an entire group whiners or wankers doesn't help the situation. This is an open forum and it ought to stay that way.

Robert

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 09, 2016, 04:44:42 PMEarly on, Art criticized Noory for doing the show from LA
Where'd he air that criticism?
Quotebecause Noory was turning it into something that he didn't want. Noory often has had Hollywood types on the show that had nothing to do with the paranormal.
Bell had celebrities from entertainment on as guests too, as did Punnet.  How many of those choices were the m.c.'s, though?  And what about the shows Noory's done from L.A. that had no in-studio guest, or no guest that was a Hollywood type?  Was he there because a local guest canceled, or was going to be on the next show or was on the previous one?

Besides, when he left C2C, Bell said that the way these things work, Noory should mold C2C as he wishes.  Was Art insincere?
QuoteHe talks about being in movies and having his own talk show. He thinks that sad charade that he does in Colorado is a "talk show".
What's he mean by "his own"?  You mean one he'd produce himself, as opposed to C2C?  What's the show in Colo. like?
QuoteHis father had said something like someone on TV is someone who has made it in life. Noory is still desperately trying to please daddy dearest, even though his father died years ago.
Who isn't?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 09, 2016, 04:57:31 PM
Since Auslandia decided to start off this thread by lumping all the Heather critics together, it's only fair to try and sum up Heather's tireless defenders thusly:

Cut her some slack because (INSERT WHATEVER).

Most of us have heard this line many times and it usually has some merit. But "some slack" always has its limits and when they are exceeded people do notice and point out that fact repeatedly. It's understandable. So it's only fair to cut them some slack as well by distinguishing between genuine trolls and people with opinions you don't appreciate. And trying to suppress what you consider dissent by labeling an entire group whiners or wankers doesn't help the situation. This is an open forum and it ought to stay that way.

And if somebody disagrees, somebody should be able to disagree with that disagreement. Agree or disagree?

Ciardelo

Quote from: onan on January 09, 2016, 04:49:00 PM
I thought you were a coach?
Coach doesn't like any criticism of his coaching.

Quote from: Robert on January 09, 2016, 04:59:22 PM
Where'd he air that criticism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbWN_ccdSUk

Bell had celebrities from entertainment on as guests too, as did Punnet. 

I don't remember this. I started to listen to Art in 2002. It seems to me that when Ian had a "celebrity" on, it had something to do with the paranormal or some pet interest of his like the Smiley Killers or D.B. Cooper.

How many of those choices were the m.c.'s, though?  And what about the shows Noory's done from L.A. that had no in-studio guest, or no guest that was a Hollywood type?  Was he there because a local guest canceled, or was going to be on the next show or was on the previous one?
You know, I don't see PreRAT making their other hosts go out there and sing or "write" books or do the other self aggrandizing crap that Noory does. I'm pretty sure that is all him. Noory also changed his image drastically from when he started to keep a more "Hollywood" type of look.

Besides, when he left C2C, Bell said that the way these things work, Noory should mold C2C as he wishes.  Was Art insincere?
I don't think Art was insincere, but I also don't think that Art could have predicted the infomercial that C2C has become.

Who isn't?

Me

henge0stone

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 09, 2016, 05:10:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbWN_ccdSUk

I don't remember this. I started to listen to Art in 2002. It seems to me that when Ian had a "celebrity" on, it had something to do with the paranormal or some pet interest of his like the Smiley Killers or D.B. Cooper.
You know, I don't see PreRAT making their other hosts go out there and sing or "write" books or do the other self aggrandizing crap that Noory does. I'm pretty sure that is all him. Noory also changed his image drastically from when he started to keep a more "Hollywood" type of look.

I don't think Art was insincere, but I also don't think that Art could have predicted the infomercial that C2C has become.

What's he mean by "his own"?  You mean one he'd produce himself, as opposed to C2C?  What's the show in Colo. like?

Me

In all fairness a HAM radio conversation isn't the same as saying something over the air. Sounds like a fairly private chat but I don't know much about HAM radio and how that works.

Quote from: henge0stone on January 09, 2016, 05:13:54 PM
In all fairness a HAM radio conversation isn't the same as saying something over the air. Sounds like a fairly private chat but I don't know much about HAM radio and how that works.

Art's official position was that "Noory gets it". Behind the scenes it was a different story.

GravitySucks

Quit changing the name of the thread or you will witness the fury of Turbo Mode.

henge0stone

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 09, 2016, 05:16:55 PM
Art's official position was that "Noory gets it". Behind the scenes it was a different story.

I never heard the Noory gets it show, but most people who can read Art would be able to tell he didn't like George. Some people would complain and he would say George has to take the show in the direction he wants. If you know art though you can read between the lines that he didn't like George but he never flat out said it until after he was done with C2C.

The show where he brought on the popular mechanics guy debunking the 9/11 madness you can tell he was pretty pissed that George had indulged in the 9/11 'truthers' as much as he did.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 09, 2016, 05:03:55 PM
And if somebody disagrees, somebody should be able to disagree with that disagreement. Agree or disagree?

Absolutely, but I think it's best to try and avoid insulting language. If you disagree with a post, try not to call the poster a whiner or wanker or whatever insult comes to mind (although things said in jest/tongue-in-cheek should be fine as YP pointed out). Instead, try to explain why you disagree with the point they made. You can either meet in the middle or agree to disagree.

For example, I posted that I didn't hear any evidence of humor in Heather's radio personality (an observation I hadn't heard expressed) and asked if anyone else had heard this. I got one response which agreed and one that unhappily disagreed. No insults were exchanged although I was warned about falling in with the invading marauders. I can live with that scenario if other people can.

Auslandia

Art in the 90s was kind of hit or miss too.  The problem then was that you had to generally take the guest at his word.  Hence the reason Ed Dames lasted so long.

Now that we can replay, chat, Google, etc I think the game has changed.  Now Heather can get all the negative feedback straight through the wormhole.  I just don't see how it really adds anything productive. Everybody could just send her a message and say hey, I wish you would grow an average sized penis, start taking hormones  and start calling yourself Art.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Auslandia on January 09, 2016, 05:26:09 PM
Art in the 90s was kind of hit or miss too.  The problem then was that you had to generally take the guest at his word.  Hence the reason Ed Dames lasted so long.

Now that we can replay, chat, Google, etc I think the game has changed.  Now Heather can get all the negative feedback straight through the wormhole.  I just don't see how it really adds anything productive. Everybody could just send her a message and say hey, I wish you would grow an average sized penis, start taking hormones  and start calling yourself Art.

Yeah, but the trolls would have to find $5 to subscribe and use the wormhole. They are not that invested.

Reading all this, it's almost like BellGab is back.
(I hope I haven't jinxed anything)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 09, 2016, 05:21:32 PM
Absolutely, but I think it's best to try and avoid insulting language. If you disagree with a post, try not to call the poster a whiner or wanker or whatever insult comes to mind (although things said in jest/tongue-in-cheek should be fine as YP pointed out). Instead, try to explain why you disagree with the point they made. You can either meet in the middle or agree to disagree.

For example, I posted that I didn't hear any evidence of humor in Heather's radio personality (an observation I hadn't heard expressed) and asked if anyone else had heard this. I got one response which agreed and one that unhappily disagreed. No insults were exchanged although I was warned about falling in with the invading marauders. I can live with that scenario if other people can.

I think the opportunity for humor comes when you are natural and relaxed. She is getting there.  I think she sounds a little more relaxed and confident with every show. This whole enterprise is going to be tough for anyone to sustain, even Art. It's not like a Bigfoot shows up every day. Aliens aren't leaving lots of evidence. 100% of the guests have told there story before. Maybe not on this show, but certainly on others. If you go back and read the comments from the live threads, there were only a handful of Art's shows where there were more positive comments than negative comments.

This audience is bizarre. We all have at least one screw loose to listen to this, let alone join a forum to discuss it.

Robert

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 09, 2016, 05:10:55 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbWN_ccdSUk
Interesting, thanks.  Still doesn't explain why he goes back & forth between the cities rather than settling in L.A., and the only guess Art ventured as to why Jorch went to L.A. had to do w the company's HQ.
QuoteI don't remember this. I started to listen to Art in 2002. It seems to me that when Ian had a "celebrity" on, it had something to do with the paranormal or some pet interest of his like the Smiley Killers or D.B. Cooper.
How about musicians?  ISTR he had a predilection for them.

Robert

Quote from: henge0stone on January 09, 2016, 05:13:54 PMIn all fairness a HAM radio conversation isn't the same as saying something over the air. Sounds like a fairly private chat but I don't know much about HAM radio and how that works.
It's over the air for anyone to listen to who's monitoring that freq.  You can tell it was sent by single sideband, because it never reconstitutes exactly linearly, so there's some residual Donald Duck left in it.

But what's the difference?  Unless you think he was lying to whomever he had the convers'n w, it represents what he thought.

Auslandia

Quote from: Robert on January 09, 2016, 05:53:08 PM
It's over the air for anyone to listen to who's monitoring that freq.  You can tell it was sent by single sideband, because it never reconstitutes exactly linearly, so there's some residual Donald Duck left in it.

But what's the difference?  Unless you think he was lying to whomever he had the convers'n w, it represents what he thought.

What is this about again?  Some HAM confession or something?

Robert

Quote from: Auslandia on January 09, 2016, 05:57:02 PMWhat is this about again?  Some HAM confession or something?
It's about why Noory keeps changing origination between Thousand Oaks & St. Louis.

norland2424

Quote from: Robert on January 09, 2016, 06:01:52 PM
It's about why Noory keeps changing origination between Thousand Oaks & St. Louis.

what does noory have to do with not being a dick to heather  ???

Robert

Quote from: norland2424 on January 09, 2016, 06:05:23 PMwhat does noory have to do with not being a dick to heather  ???
This subthread goes back thru here.  The Times Sq. ad was raised in the initial post by the thread starter.

GravitySucks

Quote from: norland2424 on January 09, 2016, 06:05:23 PM
what does noory have to do with not being a dick to heather  ???

Absolutely nothing. Robert is just a dick that changed the title of the thread

Robert

Quote from: Robert on January 09, 2016, 06:09:36 PMThis subthread goes back thru here.  The Times Sq. ad was raised in the initial post by the thread starter.
Sorry, the Times Sq. ad goes back to here.

Robert

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 09, 2016, 06:12:20 PMAbsolutely nothing. Robert is just a dick that changed the title of the thread
No, that was Inglorious Bitch.  And that's a good thing, because it's a distinct subthread that would show up as such in a format that supported thread branching.  But you can't actually change the thread title here, only post titles.  And that's a good thing too, so you can tell at a glance.  Not as convenient as if they supported message text collapsing, though.

henge0stone

Quote from: Robert on January 09, 2016, 05:53:08 PM

Okay that clears it up for me. Yeah it represents what he thought but its not exactly Art publicly criticizing Noory was my point.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 09, 2016, 06:12:20 PM
Absolutely nothing. Robert is just a dick that changed the title of the thread

Yeah, that was me. we do it on the Falkie thread all the time. I didn't realize this was hallowed ground.