• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What alternatives Art Bell should have looked at instead of quitting suddenly?

Started by hitfan, December 28, 2015, 09:04:37 PM

hitfan

A lot of people thought Art Bell should have hired armed security in order to deal with his stalker.

Personally, I think it would have been better if he took a couple of weeks off while calling in 15-30 minutes to his show every day while Heather is hosting.  This would have kept sustaining interest in the show while grooming Heather as a viable replacement host when such circumstances dictate that one is needed.

I think it's much better to keep your powder dry so to speak before pulling the plug completely.

mikuthing01

There never was a stalker Art just got bored of doing it. He was starting to get more radio affiliates and started turning into another job he didn't want he panicked and bailed.

Auslandia

Quote from: hitfan on December 28, 2015, 09:04:37 PM
A lot of people thought Art Bell should have hired armed security in order to deal with his stalker.

Personally, I think it would have been better if he took a couple of weeks off while calling in 15-30 minutes to his show every day while Heather is hosting.  This would have kept sustaining interest in the show while grooming Heather as a viable replacement host when such circumstances dictate that one is needed.

I think it's much better to keep your powder dry so to speak before pulling the plug completely.

He should've taken a poll of who gives a fuck after a few weeks.  Hint:  the answer is pretty much nobody & the numbers are dwindling by the day.

Echo

Quote from: Auslandia on December 28, 2015, 09:30:15 PM
He should've taken a poll of who gives a fuck after a few weeks.  Hint:  the answer is pretty much nobody & the numbers are dwindling by the day.

Harsh but 100% true.

CornyCrow

Quote from: mikuthing01 on December 28, 2015, 09:17:32 PM
There never was a stalker Art just got bored of doing it. He was starting to get more radio affiliates and started turning into another job he didn't want he panicked and bailed.
Yep.  He used noises that were common in his area to set up a scenario and calls to police to 'confirm'.  This way he had a justifiable reason to bow out and people would not call him a quitter once again. 

There are some people who seem to be plagued with one crisis after another in their lives and others of us who have very few.   

cweb

Before the 5 days a week was announced, myself and some others suggested he try it three days a week to provide for some family time and prevent fatigue. In hindsight, maybe a weekly show (with an option for a live second night) would have been more fitting.

Oh wells.

Ciardelo

Quote from: cweb on January 01, 2016, 06:45:20 PM
Before the 5 days a week was announced, myself and some others suggested he try it three days a week to provide for some family time and prevent fatigue. In hindsight, maybe a weekly show (with an option for a live second night) would have been more fitting.

Oh wells.
I think JB already has a show.

testing101

Choosing a hot sounding woman who loves "Art" to produce the show was a moronic move. It's just human nature a wife might let her imagination get carried away / protective and use every tool within her power to destroy an innocent friendship. Had he chosen some ugly old man all would still be well.

Disclaimer: I think Heather will be a great host one day. However, all were ill-equipped to start this adventure in the desert.

Ciardelo

Quote from: testing101 on January 01, 2016, 07:04:31 PM
Choosing a hot sounding woman who loves "Art" to produce the show was a moronic move. It's just human nature a wife might let her imagination get carried away / protective and use every tool within her power to destroy an innocent friendship. Had he chosen some ugly old man all would still be well.

Disclaimer: I think Heather will be a great host one day. However, all were ill-equipped to start this adventure in the desert.
What the hell would you know about women?

Quote from: testing101 on January 01, 2016, 07:04:31 PM

did you listen to last nights show  heather was GOOD  --

Robert

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 01, 2016, 07:36:29 PM
did you listen to last nights show  heather was GOOD  --
She was good by the 2nd hr.  1st hr., still warming up.