• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Bacon Club Chalupa

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, May 01, 2008, 10:56:20 PM

I hate Taco Bell, and at 490 calories with 280 from fat they could be considered a form of suicide, but these things are awesome. I won't be eating another one for a while(at least not before the McRib makes it return as the clown prince of sandwiches), but the sweet, sweet memory will live on. On another note, Glenn Beck is a total douche-bag.

hehehehe, "Chewing on tree bark?", hehehehe. I think I did read it when I very first check out Da Ship, but it was good to go over it again.  I never liked Beck. It's unfortunate but true, but he's obviously just there to appeal to a lower common denominator; at least lower then the one I'm in. But lately, I've heard his radio show once (and had to turn it off after 3 minutes), and saw about a minute of his TV show tonight, and it just reinforced my already low opinion of him.  The guy is just pond scum with speech ability. And yeah, he's like one of those guys from high-school who thinks he funny, but is really just a clown in the worst sense of the word.

MV/Liberace!

while on the topic of conservative talk show hosts...

the difference between rush limbaugh and guys like glenn beck is significant.  anyone reading this... forget your opinion of rush's politics for a moment and acknowledge that there are a couple of things you can't take away from him.  to me, it's an undeniable fact that his show is INFORMATION PACKED!.  it's really fucking loaded with the news of the day, and if you're open minded enough, you can even allow yourself to consider his opinions.  regardless of what you think of them, you WILL know what's happening in the world.  guys like beck and o'reilly, on the other hand, simply pluck what is the obvious big story of the day and sandwich that between two slices of lectures on what they think about the world and their overall philosophies on live... most of which are less than original, i might add.  o'reilly is the BIGGEST example of this type of host.  have you ever noticed o'reilly isn't really that good at debating?  sometimes he puts people in their place when debating, but the operative word here is SOMETIMES.  he does a great job of reading that teleprompter, but pull him away from it for a minute and you'll eat his lunch if you're prepared.  remember his debate with michael moore?  i believe it was around the time of the democratic national convention in 2004.  i'm in large part the philosophical antithesis of moore, and i have to say moore shit on a paper plate and then proceeded to rub o'reilly's face in it.  most astonishing was o'reilly's repeated assertion that he'd won the debate.  want to see it?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=trOdCU6aZOg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fLHI0b43xa4

when all else fails, there's always hitler.

frankly, there is no other conservative talk show host who deserves even to be mentioned in the same paragraph with rush.  he's so god damn good at what he does.  o'reilly, beck, and guys of their ilk are simply riding a wave created by rush and the conservative movement pioneers who preceded him.  in 50 years, people will be quoting rush.  they won't even remember o'reilly or beck.

btw... both rush and his brother david are very friendly people in person.  if that's true about o'reilly, i'll eat a car battery right now.

Great example.  I think I would find myself on the other side of the fence with Rush at least 80% of the time, BUT, I can listen to one of his radio shows no problem.  I actually like listening to Rush's show and listen to it here and there. Rush doesn't play games and he is who he is.  I like that about him.

Spikegirl

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 01, 2008, 10:56:20 PM
I hate Taco Bell, and at 490 calories with 280 from fat they could be considered a form of suicide, but these things are awesome. I won't be eating another one for a while(at least not before the McRib makes it return as the clown prince of sandwiches), but the sweet, sweet memory will live on. On another note, Glenn Beck is a total douche-bag.

I have to agree on both counts. I never eat at Taco Bell, as I prefer my food sans E-coli. That being said, I am a sucker for Burger King's "Cheesy Tots"- a delightful and artery clogging mixture of shredded potatoes and fake, bright orange cheese food, deep fried to cheesy perfection.

And yes, Beck is an ass. I highly recommend listening to Mike Malloy, on from 9pm-midnight eastern time. Link:

http://www.mikemalloy.com/

Cheesy Tots! I had those once too, and they were good. I'll never eat those agian either because I vowed never to eat at a fast-food burger joint again ( :'( Goodbye Wendy!  :'( ).  The only reason I even ever rarely eat at Taco Bell at all is that it's the wife's fave fast-food, and so the only fast-food place we ever go to now.