• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Linda Moulton Howe

Started by puddintame, December 18, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

puddintame

Linda M.H., a real class act who does great research and really knows her stuff, IMHO, is "on" tonite (Dec.17-18.)  If only the Snore Ass will shut up and let her give her report.  I'm looking forward to it-- so please, God, don't allow him to F*** it up for a change.

Frys Girl

I like her spots too. I felt kinda bad for her when George made that stupid "April Fools!" joke about raising 22,000 bucks for her x-mas gift in the office. What an ass.

EvB

I'm iffy on Howe - but agree on Snoory.

11angeleyes11

I really enjoy Linda Moulton Howe and think she does a very professional job.  I have seen her prsent in person at the Ozark UFO Conference and was very impressed.  I feel that she gives the show an additioinal dose of respect and you and I both know that it needs it at times due to certain actions taken by the Senior Sucketeer, Tommy Danheiser, being the Junior of the two.

MV/Liberace!

the thing i can't take about howe is her voice.  she sounds like every old woman who has ever wagged her finger in my face about something.

slipstream

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 30, 2008, 03:42:02 PM
the thing i can't take about howe is her voice.  she sounds like every old woman who has ever wagged her finger in my face about something.

yep,  Linda Moulting Crow   

hehe I think I have used that once before.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on December 30, 2008, 02:46:19 PM
I'm iffy on Howe...

Howe never lets reason, Science, or proof stand in the way of her deluded "thoughts" he canned interviews are that not proof of anything, if she were so good why no proof of anything she "reports" on?

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 30, 2008, 02:42:12 PM
I like her spots too. I felt kinda bad for her when George made that stupid "April Fools!" joke about raising 22,000 bucks for her x-mas gift in the office. What an ass.

George's sense of humor is devoid of..um.."humor". Only a moron or a dickhole would think that's funny. ...Oddly, the dickhole side of me likes the joke. ..Anyways. Agreed. That's asstastic. Now if he really wanted to do something funny, he should break into her house when she's gone and shit in her cat's litter box so that when she comes home she thinks her cat took a human-sized dump. I heard some guy did that to his wife on the radio for April Fool's once. Okay, so maybe I'm just kidding there - but imagine George doing something like that.

....Wait, actually don't.

I'm going to go stick my head in the oven now.

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on December 30, 2008, 03:36:37 PM
I really enjoy Linda Moulton Howe and think she does a very professional job.  I have seen her prsent in person at the Ozark UFO Conference and was very impressed.  I feel that she gives the show an additioinal dose of respect and you and I both know that it needs it at times due to certain actions taken by the Senior Sucketeer, Tommy Danheiser, being the Junior of the two.

Was that in Eureka Springs Angel? Are they having it again any time now? I like that little town quite a lot and am only a few hours away now.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on January 11, 2009, 11:20:26 AM
Was that in Eureka Springs Angel? Are they having it again any time now? I like that little town quite a lot and am only a few hours away now.
Yes, it is held in Eureka Springs and it will be the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of Easter weekend this year.  It has been held there for twenty years.  Last year was the first time I had ever been and the first UFO conference I had attended.   I plan on going this year again.  I reserved my room the day I checked out.  As far as conferences go in ufology, it is by far the most reasonably price one.  Linda did an excellent job in person and I believe she may have presented at ever conference that has been held there.

Oh that is keen. I will go this year. Oddly, this time last year I knew nothing about ES. But after the coalessence festival I have been back several times.
Maybe we will run into eachother!
I have a friend down there so I manage to stay on the cheap, and if gas prices hold it will cost me very little. What a great way to spend easter:)

haloedorchid

I can't stand listening to the show when Linda Moulton Howe is on. Her pre-recorded interviews bother me too much. It's not necessarily that they are pre-recorded, it's just her voice and lack of any sort of inflection in the way she speaks. I've said she sounds like she is on the verge of tears. Now I think her voice sounds more like a computer program where you just enter in random words and a computer voice blankly states them with zero variation or emotion. Or it almost sounds like she is someone who is reading aloud another language with no accent, but has no idea what she is actually saying. At least her interviewees tend to sound like real humans with real speech patterns and not robots. 

Boomer

Quote from: puddintame on December 18, 2008, 01:10:06 AM
Linda M.H., a real class act who does great research and really knows her stuff

Dittos on that!!! I'll bet she's still got a nice little hardbody too ;D

EvB

I listened very briefly to C2C when Howe was on last time.  Her voice sounded a bit better.  Makes me wonder what was wrong with it - it sounded over-used.  But, I'm guessing it was more than that, since it went on for so long.  I also heard and old clip of her  -- and her voice did NOT have that awful "I smoke 3 packs a day" quality to it.

Who knows what's up with her voice? 

As for the rest - meh.

Quote from: Boomer on March 04, 2009, 08:58:32 AM

Dittos on that!!! I'll bet she's still got a nice little hardbody too ;D

I don't know how recent it actually was, but last week I watched a show on cattle mutilations and she was the big cheese on the show, and yeah, she was definitely "cougared up" and looked like she had a decent bod, which shocked me because like MV, she always came across, via her voice,  as an old lady IMO.  Her face was a little "chewed-bootish", but I'd damage that  O-ring like she was the Challenger, if you know what I'm saying.

Boomer

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on March 12, 2009, 12:18:03 AM
I don't know how recent it actually was, but last week I watched a show on cattle mutilations and she was the big cheese on the show, and yeah, she was definitely "cougared up" and looked like she had a decent bod, which shocked me because like MV, she always came across, via her voice,  as an old lady IMO.  Her face was a little "chewed-bootish", but I'd damage that  O-ring like she was the Challenger, if you know what I'm saying.

Check this out from wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Moulton_Howe

Howe was born in Boise, Idaho. She entered the 1963 Miss Boise pageant for college scholarships and went on to win the 1963 Miss Idaho crown and scholarships, and participated in the Miss America Pageant that year in Atlantic City.

Yah, it was the 2004 special listed there.  She likes to dress in black.

Centurion73

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on March 12, 2009, 12:18:03 AMI'd damage that  O-ring like she was the Challenger, if you know what I'm saying.

OH DAMN, hahhahahhahhahahhahhahaahhahahha, WOW!!!

Is that the PC version that is acceptable now  ;D

Quote from: Centurion73 on March 12, 2009, 08:06:11 PM
OH DAMN, hahhahahhahhahahhahhahaahhahahha, WOW!!!

Is that the PC version that is acceptable now  ;D

What? Too Soon?

Centurion73

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on March 13, 2009, 12:42:44 AM
What? Too Soon?

No, I was referring to PC for our female friends here  ;D

xpmark12

I wish Linda would release a large Yeti in the control room of C2C, that would attack Snoors and run him off for good.

DarkBroodings

I've been listening to C2C for 10+years and have always thought LMH seems really, really bored reading her prepared statements between the recorded interviews. And her voice irritates me. Not my favorite guest. Cheers.

EvB

Quotereally bored reading her prepared statements between the recorded interviews. And her voice irritates me.

I agree her voice is like fingernails on a blackboard - but I gotta tell you - I suspect she can't help it.  I've heard recordings of her done earlier in the day and she usually sounds just fine - you can tell it's her - but the rasp is much less.  I mention this becuase, as an asthmatic - my lungs and throat go "go south" on me a bit at night when I'm sleeping.  If a person who does not know that about me calls me when I haven't been up for a while, or spoken much, they will often say "Oh my GOD you sound AWFUL!  Are you OKAY!?"  (though one male frined did say "DAMN you have a sexy voice on the phone!"   ;:) )

I've gotten to the point where - if the don't belive me when I say I'm jsut fine, I say "call me back n an hour" and hang up.

Geeeze - I don't even FEEL bad - just SOUND like shit.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DarkBroodings on June 17, 2009, 10:06:33 AM
I've been listening to C2C for 10+years and have always thought LMH seems really, really bored reading her prepared statements between the recorded interviews. And her voice irritates me. Not my favorite guest. Cheers.
you're right.  she's just atrocious.  i never understood why she was given such a wide berth on the show.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 17, 2009, 03:22:28 PM
you're right.  she's just atrocious.  i never understood why she was given such a wide berth on the show.
I hate to be lowest common denominator.... BUT. You ever think Linda and George knocked boots?

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 17, 2009, 03:26:21 PM
I hate to be lowest common denominator.... BUT. You ever think Linda and George knocked boots?

It would be a sin and a shame if they haven't.

Frys Girl

Look, I'm not saying that women are DYING to be on George's show. It's a male dominated enterprise. The guests are usually some dudes who are lacking credibility. Not like Linda is any different than the guys.

If Linda and George knocked boots, this would be the outcome....

Quote from: aliens_against_noory on June 18, 2009, 05:09:00 PM
If Linda and George knocked boots, this would be the outcome....

clawesome.