• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why didn't Art hired armed security guards 24/7?

Started by starfire, December 22, 2015, 08:55:30 PM

starfire

Sometimes celebrities get threats from people.  Even Donald Trump got a death threat from a drug lord.  Why didn't Art just hire armed security for his home and business 24/7, like other celebrities.  Donald Trump didn't quit his campaign.  Celebrities don't quit singing, acting, etc. over death threats.

What Art did makes no sense at all.  He had new stations, and his affiliates were relying on him.  He's a wishy washy person.  LOL.  He could have hired armed security 24/7.  Heck, when he thought it was a gun shot he hit the ground and hurt himself.  At his age he needs armed security guards, and they do exist in Nevada.  There is not one excuse he can use, for not hiring armed security. His family would be protected more by armed security, than just Art by himself with flashing lights and sirens, at age 70.

b_dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on December 22, 2015, 09:36:23 PM
That's one ugly horse.
LOL'ed hard and woke the neighbors. Thanks!  BTW - I don't like the neighbors.

Robert

He said he's had such security to deal with threats in the past, but didn't like the atmosphere that engendered.

WOTR

I had posted elsewhere that he may not have wanted to absorb the cost.  Suppose that he was not as worried for himself as for his wife and daughter.  Now you are looking at three guards during the day (one each) and one at night.  If he broadcast from a detached studio- maybe two at night.  Not really all that cheap to pay 4-5 armed guards full time in Pahrump when the payoff is to be able to stay on air and provide free entertainment to his "loyal" fans. 

Trump would not notice the cost, actors make a few million a year, and Bell probably was going to clear a couple of thousand from MITD.  Not really something where the pay off is worth it.  (Oh, and his daughter growing up in a compound with armed guards may not have appealed to him either.)

He did not even want the music licencing costs to eat into his daughters inheritance- I cannot imagine that he thought that a quarter to half million a year was going to be worth it to broadcast a show three hours each night.

b_dubb

Quote from: WOTR on December 22, 2015, 11:25:19 PM
I had posted elsewhere that he may not have wanted to absorb the cost.  Suppose that he was not as worried for himself as for his wife and daughter.  Now you are looking at three guards during the day (one each) and one at night.  If he broadcast from a detached studio- maybe two at night.  Not really all that cheap to pay 4-5 armed guards full time in Pahrump when the payoff is to be able to stay on air and provide free entertainment to his "loyal" fans. 

Trump would not notice the cost, actors make a few million a year, and Bell probably was going to clear a couple of thousand from MITD.  Not really something where the pay off is worth it.  (Oh, and his daughter growing up in a compound with armed guards may not have appealed to him either.)

He did not even want the music licencing costs to eat into his daughters inheritance- I cannot imagine that he thought that a quarter to half million a year was going to be worth it to broadcast a show three hours each night.

BattyBrooke

Art's interview with Pahrump Valley Times newspaper regarding incidents at his home. I did not know he was shot at and had to lay in the dirt for 20 minutes.http://pvtimes.com/news/art-bell-halts-radio-show-after-string-alleged-events-residence.html?m&m

Echo

Quote from: BattyBrooke on December 23, 2015, 12:39:41 AM
Art's interview with Pahrump Valley Times newspaper regarding incidents at his home. I did not know he was shot at and had to lay in the dirt for 20 minutes.http://pvtimes.com/news/art-bell-halts-radio-show-after-string-alleged-events-residence.html?m&m

"I was on the air at 10:30 at night on the 21st and somebody came by with a high-powered rifle and got in front of my studio and fired several shots," he said. "It was seen and recorded by a neighbor of mine. I was actually on air and had the headphones going full blast in my ear, so I didn't even hear it."

If his neighbor recorded it, how come that video wasn't given to the police as evidence. The press release from Nye county Sheriff's Office, i believe it said Art didn't know if it was firecrackers or gunshots.

pate

Good to see you again, Batty.

Yep, it's been a bit nutty at the Pecan Grove these past few weeks.

Chad Jacobs

I doubt that cost was the defining factor.  I would wager that within a year that he would have had at least 50,000 paying monthly subscribers (heck George N has 30,000 for his dating site). At $5.00 per that would have been at least 150,000 per month in gross revenue.  Now consider that it was quite likely that by adding affiliates like KABC in LA that he would be in the millions in terms of weekly listeners within in year. We are talking about probably another million per year in addiional gross revenue at that point from ads alone.  If Art does quit in the long term or if the damage is long lasting this could be the single biggest thing to greatly lesson his families inheritence imagineable.  So I don't think it was about the money more like he didn't want them living in the shadow/fear of such security. On the other hand he still needs that security given that insane people cannot be depended upon to quit harressing you just because you stop doing a radio show.  At the very least he probably needs to move to have true peace of mind if he doesn't implement much greater security or if the person isn't caught.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on December 23, 2015, 01:45:50 AM
I doubt that cost was the defining factor.  I would wager that within a year that he would have had at least 50,000 paying monthly subscribers (heck George N has 30,000 for his dating site). At $5.00 per that would have been at least 150,000 per month in gross revenue.  Now consider that it was quite likely that by adding affiliates like KABC in LA that he would be in the millions in terms of weekly listeners within in year. We are talking about probably another million per year in addiional gross revenue at that point from ads alone.  If Art does quit in the long term or if the damage is long lasting this could be the single biggest thing to greatly lesson his families inheritence imagineable.  So I don't think it was about the money more like he didn't want them living in the shadow/fear of such security. On the other hand he still needs that security given that insane people cannot be depended upon to quit harressing you just because you stop doing a radio show.  At the very least he probably needs to move to have true peace of mind if he doesn't implement much greater security or if the person isn't caught.
Preaching to the choir, try art@artbell.com :)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Echo on December 23, 2015, 01:22:39 AM
If his neighbor recorded it, how come that video wasn't given to the police as evidence. The press release from Nye county Sheriff's Office, i believe it said Art didn't know if it was firecrackers or gunshots.

His story changes depending on who he's talking to and what he can remember from the last time he spun it. But there's sure to be a perfectly reasonable explanation for that; aliens, shadow people, aliens, dementia, etc..

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on December 23, 2015, 01:45:50 AM

Look up confirmation bias. Your version though doesn't explain the jump from revenue streams to why he should be singled out to be stalked/assassinated; to such a degree that the local police don't feel that there's any case to investigate. Or AB feels the need to move his very precious family out of harms way. Take all the alleged factors and see what actual evidence exists. Police love evidence, it's their stock in trade.

Freyja

Quote from: WOTR on December 22, 2015, 11:25:19 PM

I doubt that cost was the major impacting factor.

Art Bell net worth $10M

Art had many options: security, temporary relocation etc. He quit, hung up the mic for the last time...BUT did not retire.

Seems like there would have been plenty of $$ left over for Asia's inheritance.

Chad Jacobs

Not to mention that if Asia benefited from another five years or more of Art on the air she may have been "primed" (and she still might) to be an awesome replacement someday making even more than her father.

Philosopher

Quote from: Freyja on December 23, 2015, 07:05:33 AM
He quit, hung up the mic for the last time...BUT did not retire.

In the same way he wanted incidents "documented" but not "reported".

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: BattyBrooke on December 23, 2015, 12:39:41 AM

So it sounds like the Chicken Little neighbor is responsible for a lot of this nonsense.  If this is a game of Clue, I say the neighbor did it.

Robert

Quote from: Echo on December 23, 2015, 01:22:39 AMIf his neighbor recorded it, how come that video wasn't given to the police as evidence.
I think "recorded" was meant in the sense of written down.  That is, the neighbor noted the time.

Robert

Quote from: Philosopher on December 23, 2015, 08:06:16 AMIn the same way he wanted incidents "documented" but not "reported".
That is, recorded but not made public.  He did make it public, but not for a few days.

Philosopher

Quote from: Robert on December 23, 2015, 10:45:27 AM
That is, recorded but not made public.  He did make it public, but not for a few days.

Your post has been noted, but not documented.

WOTR

Quote from: Freyja on December 23, 2015, 07:05:33 AM
I doubt that cost was the major impacting factor.

Art Bell net worth $10M

Art had many options: security, temporary relocation etc. He quit, hung up the mic for the last time...BUT did not retire.

Seems like there would have been plenty of $$ left over for Asia's inheritance.

Art Bell... Not wanting to put a few thousand a month into music rights would rather put tens of thousands into armed guards... Again- what is the payoff?  Continuing to host a show for his "loyal" fans?

I agree with the GIF, and I appreciate that maggots are already hatching in the corpse.