• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

VA school "calligraphy" lesson; Islamic profession of faith

Started by VtaGeezer, December 19, 2015, 12:24:53 PM

VtaGeezer

A lesson in calligraphy (!) for VA high school kids had them copying/imitating the Arabic script for the Shahada, the fundamental Islamic profession of faith recited by Muslims in their daily prayers, and btw, the inscription on the ISIS black banner.   And, yes, the lesson explained the meaning.  Evangelicals went nuts enough that they closed the schools in the district yesterday. I think I would have gone nuts too if it were my kids' schools. Reminded me of the time I DID go nuts on a teacher over telling my son's 7th grade class that Geo. Washington died of syphilis. Too bad the true moron who came up with the VA lesson plan won't be fired; as she certainly would if the lesson required a Muslim kid to copy "Jesus is the Son of God and my personal savior".

Of course, Muslim "leaders" are whining about it as islamophobia while ignoring the insult to their faith from using using this vital prayer as an art exercise for infidel kids in a public school.  Meanwhile, the idiots wonder why Trump is on top of the heap.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 19, 2015, 12:24:53 PM
A lesson in calligraphy (!) for VA high school kids had them copying/imitating the Arabic script for the Shahada, the fundamental Islamic profession of faith recited by Muslims in their daily prayers, and btw, the inscription on the ISIS black banner.   And, yes, the lesson explained the meaning.  Evangelicals went nuts enough that they closed the schools in the district yesterday. I think I would have gone nuts too if it were my kids' schools. Reminded me of the time I DID go nuts on a teacher over telling my son's 7th grade class that Geo. Washington died of syphilis. Too bad the true moron who came up with the VA lesson plan won't be fired; as she certainly would if the lesson required a Muslim kid to copy "Jesus is the Son of God and my personal savior".

Of course, Muslim "leaders" are whining about it as islamophobia while ignoring the insult to their faith from using using this vital prayer as an art exercise for infidel kids in a public school.  Meanwhile, the idiots wonder why Trump is on top of the heap.
In California I heard that kids are practicing yoga in school though they changed some of the chants since some parents sued over the Hindu indoctrination. Everywhere schools are told not to allow prayers, even by students, and to eliminate Christmas songs (and/or insert songs from other religions) from their winter assemblies/shows. But making students pledge allegiance to Islam is ok? Bizarre.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/virginia-district-cancels-school-islamic-lesson-anger-35837520
http://www.wxyz.com/news/some-parents-question-muslim-prayer-at-area-catholic-school
I'm waiting for the government, ACLU, or someone to sue some of these Muslim schools and people and maybe force them to hire an uncovered women, a homosexual, or demand they sing Jewish songs in their schools to be "inclusive."

Ruteger

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise." - Psalm 111:10.

This is not "fear" as if God is gonna give you the back of His hand if you displease Him. Once a man removes the understanding and the study of the Living God and his Word from his conscience, he will descend into madness following foolish doctrines of demons. Evolution, climate change, islam. Anything but the the Truth. The Left embraces islam because they love the lie rather than Truth. Jesus was beaten to a pulp and nailed to a cross because He spoke the truth and said (truly) he was the I AM (God).

Look at the fruit. islam = violence, murder, oppresion, poverty, subjugation of liberty and the suppression of women's rights and lack of freedom of religion.
Christianity = (religious and otherwise) freedom, liberty, abundance, wealth, prosperity and peace and women's rights. Oh, and we don't kill each other because one is Catholic, Protestant or Jewish.

allah = Satan.

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on December 19, 2015, 03:49:35 PM
In California I heard that kids are practicing yoga in school though they changed some of the chants since some parents sued over the Hindu indoctrination. Everywhere schools are told not to allow prayers, even by students, and to eliminate Christmas songs (and/or insert songs from other religions) from their winter assemblies/shows. But making students pledge allegiance to Islam is ok? Bizarre.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/virginia-district-cancels-school-islamic-lesson-anger-35837520
http://www.wxyz.com/news/some-parents-question-muslim-prayer-at-area-catholic-school
I'm waiting for the government, ACLU, or someone to sue some of these Muslim schools and people and maybe force them to hire an uncovered women, a homosexual, or demand they sing Jewish songs in their schools to be "inclusive."
I have wondered too how the Muslim schools get away with that kinda stuff. I also remember reading about a kuwaity airline that flies out new York that wouldn't let Jews fly. Where the fuck were the social justice warriors for that?

Claudius

Quote from: Ruteger on December 28, 2015, 08:54:02 PM
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise." - Psalm 111:10.

This is not "fear" as if God is gonna give you the back of His hand if you displease Him. Once a man removes the understanding and the study of the Living God and his Word from his conscience, he will descend into madness following foolish doctrines of demons. Evolution, climate change, islam. Anything but the the Truth. The Left embraces islam because they love the lie rather than Truth. Jesus was beaten to a pulp and nailed to a cross because He spoke the truth and said (truly) he was the I AM (God).

Look at the fruit. islam = violence, murder, oppresion, poverty, subjugation of liberty and the suppression of women's rights and lack of freedom of religion.
Christianity = (religious and otherwise) freedom, liberty, abundance, wealth, prosperity and peace and women's rights. Oh, and we don't kill each other because one is Catholic, Protestant or Jewish.

allah = Satan.
You do realize that Allah is the same god as the Christian and Jewish gods right?

Also I'm certainly not defending Islam, because I think it's just as false as all religions, but to whitewash the past of both Christianity and Judaism is pretty disingenuous. Both Christians and Jews have engaged in everything Muslims now engage in. Not so much now but you can thank Western secular states for preventing that. If Christianity or Judaism were given a free reign like Islam was given (lack of secular nations) I'm pretty confident that all three would look equally gruesome.

albrecht

Quote from: Claudius on December 29, 2015, 11:43:01 AM
You do realize that Allah is the same god as the Christian and Jewish gods right?

Also I'm certainly not defending Islam, because I think it's just as false as all religions, but to whitewash the past of both Christianity and Judaism is pretty disingenuous. Both Christians and Jews have engaged in everything Muslims now engage in. Not so much now but you can thank Western secular states for preventing that. If Christianity or Judaism were given a free reign like Islam was given (lack of secular nations) I'm pretty confident that all three would look equally gruesome.
What have you do for me lately? That is what should be the question for all the Islamist apologists, like you. Sure there were some points in history in which Islamic states were, somewhat, benign (if you paid your taxes if a kaffir) but things like the institution of slavery has existed from day-one and still goes on today in the Muslim world. Everyone always talks Hitler or those evil Crusades (and to a lesser extent Stalin or Mao) in terms of killing people but compared those numbers to the numbers over the decades, say, in the Islamic conquests in the Indian-Subcontinent. (A hint is research the term still "Hindu Kush" ranges in Afghanistan/Pakistan.) Or over the centuries of their "peaceful" actions in Africa, which continue to today with slaving operations, rape, and terrorism.

Even if true, your cultural relativism and odd non-appreciation of history equating modern Muslims with Jews, Christians (and presumably Hindus, Buddhists, etc) of many centuries ago is bizarre. We are dealing with today. There might still be some threats from those evil Jews and the Christians. Sure, there will be individuals in every group that can be a threat. But neither of those religions (and their sub-branches) openly advocate and practice slavery, rape, terrorism, and are currently (ok you Muslims might have some points about Jews vis-a-vis "Palestine" etc) bombing people. Evil Christians and Evil Jews are not invading other countries as "refugees" (ok, maybe across the US southern border and in Israel "settlements.") For the most part most of modern terrorism and immigrant invasions are Muslim. So those are the people we need to figure out, contain, or change (or maybe kill.) What have you done for me lately, Muhammadans?