• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

For "Time Travelers" - who is cancelling?

Started by MarkP, December 15, 2015, 09:34:27 AM

I'm going to stick around for this "30 days minimum" Rowland speaks of. See what happens. I think Art will pop in randomly.

Stranger929

When I got the email about cancelling, I waited a day then cancelled. If Art returns, I'll resubscribe.

I wish Heather well but I'm not paying for this. I can't afford it right now anyway.

I'll listen for a while and see how it goes.

I spent 5 bucks on a cheeseburger yesterday. I'm not saying it's compulsory but I find it pretty affordable.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: CoolTen10 on December 16, 2015, 09:02:25 PM
I'm sticking it out...The chance of Art coming back occasionally is better than nothing.

Actually it will be better than before.. When Art comes back, each Part -Time show will be a VERY  special event.
All just relax.. Art will be back.. Support Heather and Keith, we need them to keep the gig going to make it possible for Art's Big Event Shows.  Heather knows this!!!

Love Art.. Praise MV.. Adore Heather

whatatrip

I'm continuing my subscription with no plans to quit. I might even add Richard Hoagland. Heather is doing a good job, certainly better than what is going on over at C2C.

paladin1991

Quote from: Auslandia on December 16, 2015, 08:51:50 PM
Wait I'm paying $5/month and it's now $4.99!  I'm getting bent over & gently caressed here.

There, there, baby.  It's not all bad, is it?  *evil smile*  And maybe not nearly baaaaad enough.

stephber

I'm a firm believer in the value-for-value model - I think I'm getting my 50 cents a day worth out of (redacted) and Hoagie, even if it is all lunacy. Keeping both subs - even my $7.99 MITD sub.

Ciardelo

Quote from: stephber on December 17, 2015, 03:15:40 AM
I'm a firm believer in the value-for-value model - I think I'm getting my 50 cents a day worth out of (redacted) and Hoagie, even if it is all lunacy. Keeping both subs - even my $7.99 MITD sub.
Inthe morning! Thank you for your courage.

zeebo

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 15, 2015, 09:49:19 AM
...If you want permission to cancel you may do so now, I know I am. If you want to keep on, you have my permission, I know I'm staying on.

I couldn't decide, so just gonna follow whatever Ciar does.  Just let me know whenever we subscribe/cancel (or not).  I feel as if a weight's been lifted.

Ciardelo

Quote from: zeebo on December 17, 2015, 03:41:05 AM
I couldn't decide, so just gonna follow whatever Ciar does.  Just let me know whenever we subscribe/cancel (or not).  I feel as if a weight's been lifted.
Right. Lol. We're going to leave until we stay. We might stay until we leave though. It's very fluid.😉 😮😣😦😆😃

I'm waiting for Art to make random appearances. Like Linus year after year I wait, for the great pumpkin Art Bell to show.

AZZERAE

Subscription cancelled.

I was going to stick out the show, but this is BS.

Redacted states that Art should be in that chair, but continues to host the show and get a supposed thrill out of doing so.

Business is business, and this whole business was conducted poorly.

We've all had to go to work when we didn't want to, or had trouble getting there, or missed the bus etc. etc.

Art's wife seems to have met him when he wasn't a talk show host - and he could provide the good things in life, as well as the somewhat unlimited time of being retired.

He has picked his family over his professional life, and that's fine. Big deal, it's his burden to bare.

I don't feel sorry for the money he poured into the studio he's too afraid to go near now.

This whole thing is a big fuck you to all the paying customers, affiliates and his good buddy Keith (shoulder punch).

How much self respect must you lack to keep the Art Bell fire lit, and go into business dealings time after time with an unpredictable, moody yet talented man who turns his back and goes bye-bye, mop up my mess.

And the genre is lame anyway. I listened for the host. Screw all these "time travelers" and new age nuts.

darthdusty

Cancelled as soon as he quit - can't fathom why anyone wouldn't do the same. I'm not going to pay $4 per month to listen to amateur hour. If I want paranormal talk, there's enough free shows to fill the void, or I can listen to Art's old stuff.

NaeBabii

Haven't quit, and not going to. She could be keeping his seat warm... Who knows...

Ciardelo

Quote from: darthdusty on December 17, 2015, 07:06:47 AM

Cancelled as soon as he quit - can't fathom why anyone wouldn't do the same. I'm not going to pay $4 per month to listen to amateur hour. If I want paranormal talk, there's enough free shows to fill the void, or I can listen to Art's old stuff.

kek kek Cron

First post! Welcome to BellGab and please post often. Praise MV, may his tribe not all be on the spectrum.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Drunkenyoyomaster on December 16, 2015, 10:39:17 PM
I'm going to stick around for this "30 days minimum" Rowland speaks of. See what happens. I think Art will pop in randomly.

Too bad there isn't an option to pay randomly.

Ring My Bell

Part of me wonders if canceling is the best way to go. I'm still holding on, but that makes it look like as if I'm ok with Heather's show.

I don't dislike Heather (although the last 3 topics have been ridiculous, like right out of Gorj's mustache) but I pay for Art.

AZZERAE

The now empty shell that once was Art's show should stop.

I've got a real problem with "Midnight in The Desert" continuing.

Especially after how many times Redacted criticized George Noory professionally and personally.

She is doing something far worse than George Noory did, and just because herself and Art are  seemingly cool doesn't mean it'll always be that way.

Dangerous ground is being treaded.

I really don't think Art agrees with everything she'd doing or approves of it all.

I take issue with the pushiness Redacted conducts herself with. I don't care about her in a personal capacity, but I talk of her as a host.

It is simply not right to have us continue our subscriptions for this nonsense. Its not fair and totally unprofessional.

I am shocked... And the way the chips have fallen are unfortunate, yet unacceptable.

We are owed an official statement, not via Facebook or whatever. A podcast file  of Art doing Midnight in The Desert for an hour is necessary  - that doesn't even air live. Art addressing everything one last time, alone. Open Lines would be great, but that could open him up to the possibility of more attacks.

Then go away and don't come back, thanks,

An Utterly Saddened Fan

Barfly

I always find it funny that so much controversy can be had over 5 bucks per month, just cancel if you cant afford it.
But you will spend 20 bucks on some stupid shit on a whim, im not one to talk really cus i canceled also, however its NOT cus it was 5 or 10 bucks, i canceled before Heather took over, i have plenty money, i would GLADLY donate cash to Heather on Patreon.
My issue was i listen live most of the time, so why sub?
Same thing with Art i would donate, but Hoagie i would never give a dime to, thats just me, the man is insane IMHO, some people like insane, thats cool
I give 10 bucks a month to DTNS
https://www.youtube.com/user/dailytechnewsshow

They make over 14 grand per month, why? they have good content

Quote from: Ring My Bell on December 17, 2015, 08:59:41 AM
Part of me wonders if canceling is the best way to go. I'm still holding on, but that makes it look like as if I'm ok with Heather's show.

I don't dislike Heather (although the last 3 topics have been ridiculous, like right out of Gorj's mustache) but I pay for Art.

I'm supporting both OSOM and MITD as a way to help out Keith and everyone else who put so much hard work into this endeavor for the past 2 years. Besides, like another poster said, I like the idea of someone going up against ihateradio.

Quote from: Barfly on December 17, 2015, 09:23:44 AM

but Hoagie i would never give a dime to, thats just me, the man is insane IMHO, some people like insane, thats cool

LOL, to me Hoagie is that crazy but fun uncle whose stories you love to hear at family getogethers.

Barfly

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 17, 2015, 09:38:56 AM
I'm supporting both OSOM and MITD as a way to help out Keith and everyone else who put so much hard work into this endeavor for the past 2 years. Besides, like another poster said, I like the idea of someone going up against ihateradio.
I would support Keith more if he did a patreon account, trust me, i would be generous.
The man has been through many costs the last 2 years, i know business, i own two of them, its not easy

Taco Bell

I'm staying.

Finishing my coffee...enjoying my coffee.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 17, 2015, 09:38:56 AM
+1, except that part about OSOM. I won't pay to support RCH.  Not until the lobotomy is confirmed with irrefutable evidence.

stephber

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 17, 2015, 03:18:03 AM
Inthe morning! Thank you for your courage.

ITM to yourself as well. It's always nice to see another listener of TBPITU (other then the GabCast).

stephber - aka - Sir Big Pharma

El Kragen

I went straight from reading the announcement to Paypal to cancel the sub. I've been a subscriber to both shows since the beginning because I thought it was pretty cool what they were trying to accomplish. I would've spent that $10 dollars a month on a lunch anyways so no biggie. I cancelled RCH's show when it was obvious he had no interest in earning that $5. Now Art's show. I'm going to give Heather a chance and check out the show for a week. After that I may kick in for a few months to help out. The cost to resub is $4.99/m so I'd be saving one cent due to my actions. Yeah!

ziznak

I'm still in... it's not a lot of money to support something I'd like to see thriving again.  I get a lot of free lunches at the office so faqwuit!

Smoley

Just cancelled my sub. 

I tried to listen to Heather do the show for the last week and came to the conclusion that I didn't think it was worth listening to, much less paying for.  She just doesn't seem knowledgeable and her delivery seems forced at times with some weird inflections in her voice.  Unlike Art, she doesn't seem to have the insight/experience to ask the guest questions that I'd probably be asking the guest myself.  The odd guests over the last week don't really help matters and I have a hard time believing that someone like Chris Carter (that Art said would be on the show soon) would ever show up now.  It's not that Heather is bad (certainly no worse than some of the others I've heard on DMNetwork) I just don't feel that she deserves Art's spot and is worth the money.  Heck, I'd rather hear Hoagland during that shift.

If Art does reappear I won't be paying to listen to him ever again.  It's not the money, it's that I'm not going to support an enterprise that could drop off the face of the earth tomorrow when the host feels like it.  That's not how you run a business.  He just boasted about making all those deals with radio stations around the country and now he's jumping ship?  I should have smelled trouble when he made that comment about telling his daughter that she couldn't get some toy she wanted because he didn't have enough DarkMatter subscribers.  Was he joking?  Maybe.

I can't think of a time when something like this ever happened with anyone else in media, and happened MULTIPLE times?