• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

For "Time Travelers" - who is cancelling?

Started by MarkP, December 15, 2015, 09:34:27 AM

AZZERAE

Quote from: ChairSpud on December 19, 2015, 11:28:59 AM
As an impartial check I asked my wife who could care less about Art Bell to listen and give her honest opinion of Heather's second call Lisa on MITD last night.

That's an excellent way to gauge Heathers skill set, or lack thereof, as a host - To get someone from outside the "Art Bell universe" to listen.

Your wife was kind to give her time to something like that! Most people probably wouldn't give a horses ass to do such a thing.

AZZERAE

Quote from: MaxGravy on December 19, 2015, 11:31:29 AM
I'd like to suggest that those who are canceling their subscriptions consider sending that $5/month to bellgab. It's very simple. Hit the donate button and check the recurring box.

Bellgab not only provides this forum but also free podcasts at UFOship.com. $5/month is a great value.

I'm not affiliated with bellgab in any way but I think MV deserves the support.

I just turned off my adblocker.

Ain't that as good as a donation?

Yeah I'm a cheap bastard.

He knows I'd paid him in kind.

ChairSpud

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 18, 2015, 08:06:58 PM
Wait a minute, I found her picture:

You do realize that's actually a photo of Diana Rigg actress who played Emma Peel in the British 60's TV show?

Kolchak

Quote from: ChairSpud on December 19, 2015, 11:36:14 AM
You do realize that's actually a photo of Diana Rigg actress who played Emma Peel in the British 60's TV show?

You don't say?

onan

No fuckin' way.

bellNwhistle

LOL

Anyhoo, got notified that my subscription renewed today.. and I was cool with that. For now, anyway.  :P

Dr Who

I Wont be canceling but even more amazing I cant believe theres someone on the planet who does not know who Diana Rigg is?????????

aldousburbank

I'm just glad that she lost the faggy British accent because that would absolutely make for shitty radio and would validate her detractor's pissing and moaning.

Dr Who

Yea now she can say words like yall and talk about fany packs.Thats real class

saab93driver

When Mick leaves the Rolling Stones then it's really over.  They aren't Van Halen or Journey, neither is MITD, nor was C2C.  Unless he has a change of heart and pretty soon I think it's really over this time.  Surprised?  No, not really.  Disappointed but not surprised.  Cancel?...no, not yet.  For $5 more and 30 days I'll see how it plays out.   

bellNwhistle

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 15, 2015, 05:40:20 PM

After last night, I almost cancelled..  only my subscription just renewed yesterday. I don't care enough to bother requesting a refund.

QAPete

As long as Keith wants to give it a go, I'm going to support him by subscribing.  I find that much of the DMDN is a welcome distraction from the same 'ol, same 'ol that's out there, and I'd like to see it continue.  No, it's not as compelling without Art, but regardless of the circumstances, timing, validity, etc. of Art's leaving the air again, it was going to happen at some point anyway, so here we are.

onan

Quote from: QAPete on December 20, 2015, 06:45:32 AM
so here we are.

Yes indeed, here we are, and like you I am keeping my subscription as well.

iBelieve

I´m still subbed. I spent $5 on a coffee yesterday. I´m only subbed because I have a hope that heather will improve, provided Art is helping ¨coach¨ her. In reality I only sub so I can listen on my long commutes.

So redacted is Heather peel?  :P

Philosopher

Re: For "Time Travelers" - who is cancelling?

Art Bell

onan

Quote from: Philosopher on December 20, 2015, 11:51:38 AM
Re: For "Time Travelers" - who is cancelling?

Art Bell

I don't care who you are, that's funny.

AZZERAE

I think I'm gonna backpedal and subscribe again.

Redacted is trying to do a good thing and I was in too blind a rage to appreciate the show, maybe.

But again - 5 bucks just to hear her. Its a bit steep.

In the past I'd feel bad about being undecided... But a certain someone who this forum is named after makes some pretty big decisions on the seat of his pants.

So: Perhaps I can too.

Philosopher

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 12:19:22 PM
I don't care who you are, that's funny.

I am Marc Knight and I switched to a new account.  Oops.  Now MV will be pissed.

onan

Quote from: Philosopher on December 20, 2015, 01:57:21 PM
I am Marc Knight and I switched to a new account.  Oops.  Now MV will be pissed.

I had thought so for several days, sir. Glad you are still around.

My comment about "who you are", however was my homage to Larry the Cable Guy, and it was meant for all those that read it.

ItsOver

Quote from: Azzerae on December 20, 2015, 01:53:04 PM
I think I'm gonna backpedal and subscribe again.

Redacted is trying to do a good thing and I was in too blind a rage to appreciate the show, maybe.

But again - 5 bucks just to hear her. Its a bit steep.

In the past I'd feel bad about being undecided... But a certain someone who this forum is named after makes some pretty big decisions on the seat of his pants.

So: Perhaps I can too.
Just think of it as 5 bucks to "keep hope alive."  At least for awhile.

AZZERAE

Quote from: ItsOver on December 20, 2015, 02:42:35 PM
Just think of it as 5 bucks to "keep hope alive."  At least for awhile.

Hey ItsOver :)

I'll only do it so I can have access to the archives again.

I'm not in it to help out or save the network.

I mean, Art behind a mic is a separate entity from Keith's network.

Art can and probably will come back.

ItsOver

Quote from: Azzerae on December 20, 2015, 02:47:18 PM
Hey ItsOver :)

I'll only do it so I can have access to the archives again.

I'm not in it to help out or save the network.

I mean, Art behind a mic is a separate entity from Keith's network.

Art can and probably will come back.
"That's true!"

AZZERAE

Quote from: ItsOver on December 20, 2015, 02:51:58 PM
"That's true!"

God I love Noory. Such great comedy relief.

I think it's bad for people to stay subscribed to Midnight in The Desert With Heather Wade for the sake of keeping the network alive.

I kinda wish none of us had to deal with Keith to listen to Art. Or that he gets a cut.

Barfly

My avatar is of Charles Bukowski, every person on this forum knows that Reds Avatar is Diana Rigg

Ciardelo

Quote from: Barfly on December 20, 2015, 03:27:12 PM
My avatar is of Charles Bukowski, every person on this forum knows that Reds Avatar is Diana Rigg
Oh. hrmmph that's just great!  >:(

ChairSpud

Quote from: Barfly on December 20, 2015, 03:27:12 PM

I hope you won't mind if I don't take your word on that and I really thought your avatar was Richard Harris after an especially rough night. Mine's usually Michael Rennie from The Day the Earth Stood Still, have been here from the start but my username was lost and had to create the account again a few years ago. No big deal as I post infrequently.