• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

For "Time Travelers" - who is cancelling?

Started by MarkP, December 15, 2015, 09:34:27 AM

MarkP

I'm about to.

Who else?

I am sure Heather is trying hard.... but really, in a world of free podcasts, I'm confused by how she or even Art feels she has value attached to her name and can charge for the show (or sorry, ability to podcast the show)?

Ciardelo

I made a big splash about canceling. Told them it was going to be the last time I subscribed to this show or any show. I was going to hang up my cancellation. Then all these people who were depending on my cancellation scurried around and made posts about it. Then I posted on FaceBook that I might just be canceling from time to time.

People were all like what? You said you were cancelling! Now you say you are just going to cancel from time to time? You might just cancel a few times at random? So I came here to say no, I didn't say that. People started to post all kinds of shit and screen grabs about me canceling for good. I told them that I never said cancellation, what I said was I was stopping.

Cancel, don't cancel, make a donation, don't make a donation.

If you want permission to cancel you may do so now, I know I am. If you want to keep on, you have my permission, I know I'm staying on.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 15, 2015, 09:49:19 AM
I made a big splash about canceling. Told them it was going to be the last time I subscribed to this show or any show. I was going to hang up my cancellation. Then all these people who were depending on my cancellation scurried around and made posts about it. Then I posted on FaceBook that I might just be canceling from time to time.

People were all like what? You said you were cancelling! Now you say you are just going to cancel from time to time? You might just cancel a few times at random? So I came here to say no, I didn't say that. People started to post all kinds of shit and screen grabs about me canceling for good. I told them that I never said cancellation, what I said was I was stopping.

If you want permission to cancel you may do so now, I know I am. If you want to keep on, you have my permission, I know I'm staying on.

Are you sure you're sure? Definitely?

Fearlessjay

Think I'll probably cancel. No real interest in a Art free show, plenty of other options out there. I'll probably stay with Hoagie a while just out of curiosity though.

Art_s Farts

I kept quiet during this fiasco but damn this is funny

Ciardelo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 15, 2015, 09:51:03 AM

Are you sure you're sure? Definitely?
I think I'm going to stop. definitely. Forever and for good. I'm definitely going to keep it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 15, 2015, 09:53:55 AM
I think I'm going to stop. definitely. Forever and for good. I'm definite going to keep it.

Take time to perhaps reconsider; or not. No need to be hasty when you could think on your feet, and act now, and sleep on it.

AceAzzameen

It was fun while it lasted, but I already cancelled. If this is all BS, then shame on Art. If I need access to past or potential future Art MITD episodes, I'll torrent them.

Ciardelo

Quote from: AceAzzameen on December 15, 2015, 10:13:24 AM
It was fun while it lasted, but I already cancelled. If this is all BS, then shame on Art. If I need access to past or potential future Art MITD episodes, I'll torrent them.
You're such a badass. All piratey and stuff. I think I'm going to go ahead and cancel the cancellation.

csummers

Cancelling. Although heather is listenable, the news segment destroys every show it appears on.
Paying 5 dollars a month for art was worth it. Theres plenty of free podcasts out there with amateur broadcasters to choose from that are free and they dont have a show destroying news segment.
Heather is okay for just another podcaster, but I aint paying  to listen to someone learn how to do a show.

ItsOver

Quote from: MarkP on December 15, 2015, 09:34:27 AM
I'm about to.

Who else?

I am sure Heather is trying hard.... but really, in a world of free podcasts, I'm confused by how she or even Art feels she has value attached to her name and can charge for the show (or sorry, ability to podcast the show)?
I'm in.  I'm not cancelling.  $5.00 a month isn't going to break me, Heather is better than Noory, and Art's going to be back, as long as Keith and DMDN can hold it together in the interim, so I figure he can use every dollar.

Absopositivelutely not. I won't cancel either subscription unless they turn off the lights.

Quote from: ItsOver on December 15, 2015, 10:23:48 AM
I'm in.  I'm not cancelling.  $5.00 a month isn't going to break me, Heather is better than Noory, and Art's going to be back, as long as Keith and DMDN can hold it together in the interim, so I figure he can use every dollar.

I want to support Heather and Keith. I'm considering getting extra subscriptions. Wish Keith would add a donate button besides pantheon.

Post of the day.

JamesMcDonald

This is why I come here.   ;D

I'm still subscribed to both shows and intend to keep on doing so. Keith deserves our support for the amazing job he's done keeping the network going for two whole years waiting for Art's return, I really don't think he gets enough credit around here. To me it's not so much about the content of the shows themselves, I just like the idea of helping DMDN grow into something that might even give C2C a run for it's money. It was getting close too and I'd hate to see it all crumble down because of some crazy guy with a gun. Besides, rooting for the underdog is fun.  :)

I cancelled.  I can't see any radio station keeping the show, even if Art came back.  Once the network sent that email telling me how to cancel, how could I possibly think there was any hope?  I stay out of the drama, but I do check to see Art's replies and then search for the context in the forum.  I don't see how any host would have a chance in hell at success in this scenario.  Such a damn shame.  I had the impression things were starting to catch on.  It'd be nice to have more facts so I could form a balanced opinion.  There are so many holes in this strange series of events.  It's pretty difficult to not jump to conclusions, or attach myself to any of the various theories. 

Regardless of all the fallout, what's done is done.  I'm both amused and saddened by the damage control only hours after.  Major "Opps!"  As far as I can see, the future for the show has been reduced to a paranormal podcast, (which has the potential for being interesting.) 

I don't pretend to know how all of this works, but who makes money off a podcast?  Doesn't it have to be subscription based to make it worthwhile?  I have the impression that there's not a whole lot that distinguishes what remains of MITD from any number of podcasts in this genre.  Art Bell was what I was paying for. 
Take him out of the equation and what do you have left?  It's all pretty generic for me. 

I believe I got exactly what I paid for these last few months, and no one owes my anything now that things have changed.  No one likes what's left, which makes it so dumb.  From what information I've gathered, this whole debacle should have been handled offline at the very least.  Can't get that toothpaste back in the tube.  Down the drain it goes...

K_Dubb

Nice.  Think I got my first case of posting-envy.

I cancelled the day I got the email about doing so. If he comes back , I will re subscribe. No hard feelings. I am sticking with hoagie for now .  i listen to his podcast to help me fall asleep at night. The money is well spent for a good months rest.

Just Me

I'm a time traveler from 1950 and I wanna a refund cause I was gonna pay but since I am from the past, I should get a refund for thinking about it.

BellBoy

Quote from: The Snorchlax on December 15, 2015, 01:35:32 PM
If too many cancel too soon, Art may never come back

Art's not coming back. Too many bridges burned.

Uncle Duke

Despite previous problems with PayPal (and therefore against my better judgement), I became a TT early on.  I joined strictly to supporrt Art knowing I'd not make use of the "wormhole" or download/listen to previously recorded shows.  A week ago tonight Art repeatedly told us David Jacobs was going to "rock your world" with startling new information.  He did nothing of the sort, it was the same old, same old lunacy.  I cancelled my TT membership later that day in disgust, a couple days before the shit the fan.

I will not re-up, but I will donate at least the $5/month I was previously paying as a TT to Keith/DMRN if he can keep the network up and running past the 30 days outlined in his message.   I will listen to Heather's MITD if she has a guest/topic I'm interested in, just as I did with Art.

RottenShawn

Keith has my support. He needs it people. $5 ain't going to break you cheap asses. I still have HOPE.

onan

I quit more than 2 months ago. I will be restarting to support Heather and hopefully some stability.