• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dark Matter Network death watch

Started by Auslandia, December 13, 2015, 09:40:42 AM

Theodora

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 14, 2015, 04:10:58 AM
Hoagie needs that time slot, but with a new producer. Ian, Alvarez, or any established paranormal host would be fine as well. Art's biggest failure was not having a guest host on nights he wasn't on and a weekend show. He should have built a new host up for his inevitable departure.

I have to agree-There are many ways this inevitable departure could have been worked out starting with a four day plan for Art and a three day plan for guesthosts/cohost. If only for his back and mental health, a four  day week and three day off would have been the way to go. The "off day' in the week could be set or random "changeable" and this may have confused the "stalker ".  This plan would have allowed for time to have the cohost warm-up with listeners over those three days. Art could have taken a break for a few months until the stalker issue was dealt with and if he wanted to return doing one, two or more days a week -It would have been flexible, better tolerated and Okay. There would still be the Art Bell show. 

Wintermute

When did it have more than a coma-esque pulse? Not sure there was any value in being part of DMR for the content providers.

Corona Kitty

Probably not the best time to use a rocky quote,  I know.

zeebo

Quote from: anunnaki on December 14, 2015, 01:49:56 PM
Howard Stern is quitting Sirius on 12/16/2015 ...

Well that's some good news at least - something annoying just happened to Sirius.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on December 14, 2015, 01:30:43 AM
yup.  he's been put through the wringer on this one.
But his written communications skills have improved immensely.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: username on December 14, 2015, 01:05:04 PM
If it dies,  it dies.

I think Dennis Hopper summed up the whole situation regarding Art and DMDN best here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C672_Fkzms

indigoo

If it was me I would shut it down right away. And then probably cut all ties with the partner who left me high and dry.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 14, 2015, 06:13:56 PM

heh heh, yes, i noticed that!

testing101

Why are they having money problems? How much does it really $ to keep playing replays? What technologies are these guys using? Cant they create a paranormal date knockoff to carry them till Art comes back?

Faustina

Quote from: cweb on December 13, 2015, 07:39:45 PM

But to answer your question- by the new year, I expect to see DMDN having pared down to become more cost effective.

It looks like Dr. J will or may be departing DMDN.  He is advertised as starting on Leo Ashcraft's little network starting in January.  (I cannot think Dr. J would be able to be broadcast on both networks, but.... maybe.....).

zeebo

Quote from: indigoo on December 14, 2015, 06:50:31 PM
If it was me I would shut it down right away. And then probably cut all ties with the partner who left me high and dry.

There's still another hail-mary option:  Go Full Hoagie.

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 14, 2015, 06:13:56 PM
We've been telling little Mister Man for years, that all he had to do was apply himself.

"Yes, Keith, even if it feels like you are lying when you do it."

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Faustina on December 14, 2015, 08:50:36 PM
It looks like Dr. J will or may be departing DMDN.  He is advertised as starting on Leo Ashcraft's little network starting in January.  (I cannot think Dr. J would be able to be broadcast on both networks, but.... maybe.....).

well then. 

i'd like to know the story behind the obvious bad blood there.  clearly there was something of a speed bump in dr. j's relationship with art and/or keith.  when leo asshat was doing his "show," i heard him mention dr. j was supposed to call in, and it caused me to do this:

akwilly

Is it the decision of the individual radio stations if they want to air Heathers show live?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: akwilly on December 14, 2015, 09:02:35 PM
Is it the decision of the individual radio stations if they want to air Heathers show live?

i don't know.  if i were keith, i'd feed them heather regardless of what they specifically want and let the chips fall where they may.

Faustina

Quote from: MV on December 14, 2015, 08:57:48 PM
well then. 

i'd like to know the story behind the obvious bad blood there.  clearly there was something of a speed bump in dr. j's relationship with art and/or keith.  when leo asshat was doing his "show," i heard him mention dr. j was supposed to call in, and it caused me to do this:

Art, I heard, had to tell Dr. J to cut loose one of his promoters, a certain Joshua ____, who was going around saying he was affiliated with Art Bell (when he wasn't), and attempting to use this fake affiliation to aid in booking guests for Dr. J. 

Dr. J was friends, of sorts ("supposedly"), as well, with this Joshua person, who volunteered his time to help book guests for Dr. J.   However, after he was informed by Art of his associate's incorrect behavior, Dr. J cut ties with the Joshua person completely.   This happened a couple of months ago. 

Not sure if that created any actual bad blood, though, between Dr. J and Art/Keith.  However, it was a bit of drama that went down concerning the three of them.   

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 14, 2015, 09:57:11 AM
I think Alvarez Dark is the best DM host on the roster but he's overcommitted with his pro wrestling shows.  Listened to him last night and he sounded relieved that the he can't go back to doing After Dark as recorded podcast

yep, he seemed happier than ever to be taped on Sundays now

As much as I would love him M-F he's doing quite well with his over platform and a baby (first child) coming soon, so we will see less of him in the future

Element 115

Quote from: drksd4848 on December 13, 2015, 09:25:55 PM
I guess I missed that earlier post.  So, the real question is:  after thirty days does it die?   

I know I'm done with it.  Part of listening was the anticipation of the return of the drama queen.  But the drama queen left the castle and I sure ain't listening to Heather.  She was great as a producer and maybe if she did her own podcast I might check it out, but Heather filling in for Art?  Um... thank you, no.

Way too early to answer that, but great questions.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Faustina on December 14, 2015, 10:11:18 PM
Art, I heard, had to tell Dr. J to cut loose one of his promoters, a certain Joshua ____, who was going around saying he was affiliated with Art Bell (when he wasn't), and attempting to use this fake affiliation to aid in booking guests for Dr. J. 

Dr. J was friends, of sorts ("supposedly"), as well, with this Joshua person, who volunteered his time to help book guests for Dr. J.   However, after he was informed by Art of his associate's incorrect behavior, Dr. J cut ties with the Joshua person completely.   This happened a couple of months ago. 

Not sure if that created any actual bad blood, though, between Dr. J and Art/Keith.  However, it was a bit of drama that went down concerning the three of them.
Joshua Chaires? I wondered why he quit posting so quickly right after introducing himself...

CoherentBlast

Way to kick your fans in the balls yet again eah Art?

RickySsan

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 14, 2015, 09:52:55 AM
"Snapped" was an appropriate choice of words.

It's still floating though..

cweb

Quote from: akwilly on December 14, 2015, 09:02:35 PM
Our larger local station dropped the show instead of airing reruns. Our smaller local (who time-shifted the show) is going to stick with the replays for the next little while. I think they saw what numbers Somewhere In Time was doing and figured what the heck.

ziznak

Quote from: Keithey boy Rolando on December 13, 2015, 09:40:42 AM
"RCH and I need to re-evaluate our financial model "
Can you imagine that phonecall?  I'm sure Richard has keith clicking on links online that show pie charts that illustrate "needless eaters" to "awake listeners."  I've got a new found respect for mr rowland.... and god what I wouldnt give to hear that convo!! lmao

After three hours of chaotic referencing and endless speculation and cyber skulduggery:

RCH: So you see, don't you Keith, what I am saying here about the continuation of the show?

Keith: I'm getting wind pop on your mic.  Are you at the horse track?