• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

zeebo

Quote from: Ciardelo on May 10, 2016, 03:51:54 PM
..My primary irritation with the show is her insistence to talk politics when she herself has said she doesn't follow it. This bullshit about how she "is only watching" does not enrich nor educate me. I can get the same uninformed opinions all day long and I damn sure don't need to hear her bleating on about it.

When she used to post on bg, I always sensed an adventurous and inquisitive spirit.  I don't know why she's not taking more creative risks with the show.  Politics is way overplayed especially with all the non-stop election year blather.

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on May 10, 2016, 05:14:52 PM
When she used to post on bg, I always sensed an adventurous and inquisitive spirit.  I don't know why she's not taking more creative risks with the show.  Politics is way overplayed especially with all the non-stop election year blather.
Good point.  I wonder how many of her critics could walk a mile in her moccasins?  None, is a safe bet.

trostol

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 10, 2016, 05:18:17 PM
Good point.  I wonder how many of her critics could walk a mile in her moccasins?  None, is a safe bet.

not me..but then i also never had any interest in being on the "radio" nor, if i did, want to talk solely about paranormal lol

CornyCrow

It takes wisdom to recognize you have little talent in an area.  To criticize a person doing a job you needn't be able to do that job better. 

starrmtn001

Quote from: Segundus on May 10, 2016, 05:50:08 PM
It takes wisdom to recognize you have little talent in an area.  To criticize a person doing a job you needn't be able to do that job better.
I wouldn't know.  I'm not wise, nor could I even fill the pinky toe of one of her moccasins let alone walk in them.

I was thinking more along the lines of willingness rather than ability.  My apologizes for not being more clear.

albrecht

Not me, especially with 5 hours, at night, 5 nights a week of dealing with often the same callers and crazy ones like wolfman etc and often the same routine of guests that have been peddling their stuff for over a decade. And having to deal with all the drama and personalities of the "network." It would be exhausting. This isn't to say I think she is doing a great job, but considering the issues above, an ok or good one, depending on the guest.

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 09, 2016, 11:46:14 PM
For the heck of it I did a check to see which stations were still airing MITD...
1)WTWW - the shortwave in TN
2)KCAA in Loma Linda CA - but only the first 3 hours before OSOM
3) KNYE in Pahrump NV (maybe) - the Tune-In was down and C2C was listed on the Tune-In page

The reults of the others:
Alaska: Ketchikan â€" KTKN  930 AM â€" no stream
California:Needles â€" KTOX 1340 AM â€" playing C2C
Florida: Ocala â€" WEFA-LP â€" 92.5 FM playing music
Guam: Agana â€" KGUM  567 AM â€" some other talk show
Michigan: Petosky â€" WJML â€" 1110 AM â€" some other talk show
New Mexico: Pecos/Santa Fe â€" KVSF â€" 101.5 FM â€" playing Coast to Coast
Utah: Salt Lake City/Sandy â€" KTKK â€" 630 AM â€" playing SP Romney Talk Show
Washington: Chattaroy â€" KJMR-LP â€" 97.7 FM â€" no tune in stream, unknown, just a bunch of scathing comments HW MITD on the radio lineup page
Walla Walla â€" KUJ â€" 1420 AM â€" other shows listed in line-up

We're in free fall now. Ouch, even KNYE might not carry the show anymore? Keith, it's time to update the website. You wouldn't want to be accused of misleading potential advertisers, after all.

Lusha, whip those Mystic Stars into shape and get us some more affiliates. Do your job!!

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 09, 2016, 11:46:14 PM
For the heck of it I did a check to see which stations were still airing MITD...
1)WTWW - the shortwave in TN
2)KCAA in Loma Linda CA - but only the first 3 hours before OSOM
3) KNYE in Pahrump NV (maybe) - the Tune-In was down and C2C was listed on the Tune-In page

The reults of the others:
Alaska: Ketchikan â€" KTKN  930 AM â€" no stream
California:Needles â€" KTOX 1340 AM â€" playing C2C
Florida: Ocala â€" WEFA-LP â€" 92.5 FM playing music
Guam: Agana â€" KGUM  567 AM â€" some other talk show
Michigan: Petosky â€" WJML â€" 1110 AM â€" some other talk show
New Mexico: Pecos/Santa Fe â€" KVSF â€" 101.5 FM â€" playing Coast to Coast
Utah: Salt Lake City/Sandy â€" KTKK â€" 630 AM â€" playing SP Romney Talk Show
Washington: Chattaroy â€" KJMR-LP â€" 97.7 FM â€" no tune in stream, unknown, just a bunch of scathing comments HW MITD on the radio lineup page
Walla Walla â€" KUJ â€" 1420 AM â€" other shows listed in line-up

So much for RoseGirl helping Heather get affiliates.
I knew that was a really bad idea.
"Throw Art Bell's name around a lot..."

Even Keith is using the embarrassing "Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade" title when describing the show. There's a twenty minute demo through the following link but it fails to include Prince and/or grade school political talk. Please correct this, Keith.

http://midnightinthedesert.com/become-an-affiliate/

Thinking of joining the Midnight In The Desert team? Smart move.

In the markets it is already in Art Bell’s Midnight In The Desert with Heather Wade is making fantastic numbers. Fantastic numbers.

And, according to our already on-board affiliates, MITD is capturing and maintaining a loyal audience of dedicated, engaged listeners.

We all know that live radio is the best draw for the listener. However, a live nightly talk show that explores the latest paranormal investigations, interviews cutting edge researchers and bravely challenges all the latest controversies in our culture…well….that is virtually unbeatable.

And it’s got Art Bell and Heather Wade. You won’t be disappointed with this one.

trostol

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on May 10, 2016, 07:31:23 PM
Even Keith is using the embarrassing "Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade" title when describing the show. There's a twenty minute demo through the following link but it fails to include Prince and/or grade school political talk. Please correct this, Keith.

In the markets it is already in Art Bell’s Midnight In The Desert with Heather Wade is making fantastic numbers. Fantastic numbers.

And, according to our already on-board affiliates, MITD is capturing and maintaining a loyal audience of dedicated, engaged listeners.

We all know that live radio is the best draw for the listener. However, a live nightly talk show that explores the latest paranormal investigations, interviews cutting edge researchers and bravely challenges all the latest controversies in our culture…well….that is virtually unbeatable.

And it’s got Art Bell and Heather Wade. You won’t be disappointed with this one.

the lil one liners by art is considered that it's got Art? lol

bateman

It's more believable when you say it twice. Right?

trostol

Quote from: bateman on May 10, 2016, 07:36:56 PM

few more times he might believe it himself

bateman

Quote from: trostol on May 10, 2016, 07:39:13 PM
few more times he might believe it himself

He should throw in "a good time to be had for sure" as well.

Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade is making fantastic numbers. Fantastic numbers. Fantastic numbers. Fantastic numbers. Fantastic numbers.

What fraction of the January numbers do you think the old Icecast pulls a week now, five months into this disaster? Be a pal and make the figures public again, Keith.

EarthAlien007

I thought they had a different guest listed for tonight...

Tue May 10 â€" Brennan Storr â€" A Strange Little Place

Looks as though our dear Lusha, friend and promoter of Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade, has an axe to grind with BellGab. Clearly EarthAlien007 is to blame. Check it out:

https://mitdfans.blogspot.com/

GravitySucks

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on May 10, 2016, 08:16:24 PM
Looks as though our dear Lusha, friend and promoter of Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade, has an axe to grind with BellGab. Clearly EarthAlien007 is to blame. Check it out:

Well she is down to 249 total posts. She had 267 the other night. Must be getting help from Falkiesan.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on May 10, 2016, 08:16:24 PM

I gladly take the blame credit for smacking the wacko, but if there's any truth to that post, it's disturbing.

GravitySucks

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on May 10, 2016, 08:22:03 PM
I gladly take the blame credit for smacking the wacko, but if there's any truth to that post, it's disturbing.

She deleted my account a month ago because she quoted one of my posts here, and I asked her not to quote my posts just to attack Nancy. As a psychic, one would think she would have known I was a bad apple and never approved my account in the first place.

I truly wish her no harm, but I have nothing good to say about her either, so I will just leave it at that.

EarthAlien007

The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off. I trust MV, I think he's a good guy and would never share our information.
But thinking back...

I know several people from here got banned from that shit hole, and I remember PBS said she used a different name and still got banned. There's been a few times I've looked at Lusha's forum and saw wr250 there, but I figured he was just kissing her fat ass. Wow.

zeebo

…well….that is virtually unbeatable.

Slightly over-the-top.

And it’s got Art Bell .....

Did he do a new back ointment commercial?

Lilith

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on May 10, 2016, 08:22:03 PM

wr250?  I would genuinely be shocked!

albrecht

Me thinks he is trying to pull a Trump-style campaign:
"fantastic numbers. Fantastic numbers. We are making late night paranormal great again!"

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2016, 08:34:22 PM
She deleted my account a month ago because she quoted one of my posts here, and I asked her not to quote my posts just to attack Nancy. As a psychic, one would think she would have known I was a bad apple and never approved my account in the first place.

I truly wish her no harm, but I have nothing good to say about her either, so I will just leave it at that.

Thank You for sharing that Gravity.
I have had some experiences, and have believed it was just me for a very long time.
I don't feel so bad now.

zeebo

Quote from: brig on May 10, 2016, 08:57:37 PM
...I have had some experiences, and have believed it was just me for a very long time.

Not just you .. fwiw I steered way clear after early and brief interactions. 

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on May 10, 2016, 09:01:32 PM
Not just you .. fwiw I steered way clear after early and brief interactions.
Thank You ALSO then zeebo.
I also decided to stay away from the entire situation as much as possible, (of course it's impossible to stay away from it completely, as some people are members of both forums), quite some time ago.

ge30542

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 10, 2016, 03:05:55 PM
Oh HELL no!  The guest was awesome, and Heather's hosting skills are getting better and better.  Yeah, she'll have an off day now and then.  Gee, welcome to the world of radio. ;D  She's been doing a wonderful job and I hope she keeps at it.
An offer? From 976-LOVE?
C'mon Mr. Bell, get real.

One minute into the show and so far no Trump news.

Taco Bell

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 10, 2016, 10:03:31 PM
One minute into the show and so far no Trump news.

Probably saving the best for last.