• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell cancels show for good

Started by Auslandia, December 11, 2015, 04:36:47 PM

maren

Quote from: Mister Coincidence on December 11, 2015, 08:48:19 PM
I only got called a name but you lost money so.......

I'd value maturity and insight over a few dollars, sooo...

Lil Godzilla

Well slap my ass and call me Judy! Fucking no good bastard. I hope whoever is harassing Art is found, drawn and quartered...and Art , for the love of God , if this is not e case...for shame!!! For now I will believe you.

Coffeeman

Quote from: munbeam666 on December 11, 2015, 08:45:52 PM
Re: Art Bell

Arts predicament is just another chapter of the fact that too many crazy people have access to guns in this country. There should be a stricter check nationally on all gun purchases, plus a complete ban on assault weapons. This incident shows how just one nut case can spoil a wonderful scene for everyone, and put Art and his family  in danger.
BTW, my boyfriend is a gun owner, and he agrees with what I'm saying

While we're suggesting blatant violations of the Constitution so blithely, why not go all the way and discard the First and Second Amendments entirely? Leftists think words hurt people, too, so anything triggering should b considered a weapon.

maren

Quote from: Just Me on December 11, 2015, 08:45:27 PM
Settle down BellGabbers.

Do you think if someones after Art or you, you would chance putting up a pic of him/you smiling with what appears to be his/your daughter for them to see and verify the target.

This smells like Alzheimer/Dementia lost marbles surfacing.

I'm not buying it. After the voices and shadow mouse video somethings up with this guys mind.

You are whack.  There have been pics of art and his family posted for years -- this is nothing bering revealed. 

Alzheimers/Dementia?  Boy, you are reaching.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 11, 2015, 08:43:52 PM
I hope he's got some Hammer pants, then!

Art wearing Hammer pants, and quitting to the background music -Too legit?

Mild Bill

When Fox cancelled "Firefly" I was really pissed....but this...I have too many years invested in listening to Art Bell from back in the 90s to take this lightly. This latest incarnation didn't even last 5 months. There is a sadness that hasn't quite hit me yet. Once the weekend is over, Monday night and the rest of the week will be empty again, devoid of his magic.

My best regards for Art and his family...and to you, his fans...may you have a very Merry Christmas or whatever Holiday you celebrate!

Juicy80

The man is 70 years old. He just doesnt have the drive to do it anymore. I will give redacted a chance since there is nothing else worth listening to.

indigoo

I just find this crazy, all of it. Setting up LLCs and business partnerships and 6 months later ending it all?

I feel for the guy, and I enjoyed his time back but I will say many of the guests just didn't do it for me. It didn't capture me quite the same way. I'm glad I have my full archives though.

Never could get into Hoagie's show. The few shows I really liked had content that didn't seem typical for him.

Just Me

Quote from: maren on December 11, 2015, 08:56:34 PM
You are whack.  There have been pics of art and his family posted for years -- this is nothing bering revealed. 

Alzheimers/Dementia?  Boy, you are reaching.

How unfortunate for you, it went right over your head.

maren

Quote from: Mild Bill on December 11, 2015, 08:57:33 PM
When Fox cancelled "Firefly" I was really pissed....but this...I have too many years invested in listening to Art Bell from back in the 90s to take this lightly. This latest incarnation didn't even last 5 months. There is a sadness that hasn't quite hit me yet. Once the weekend is over, Monday night and the rest of the week will be empty again, devoid of his magic.

My best regards for Art and his family...and to you, his fans...may you have a very Merry Christmas or whatever Holiday you celebrate!

I'm with you, Mild Bill, he was really a part of my life since 1990.  I'll miss him, again.  :-\  And I'm still sad about Firefly! 

Merry Christmas or whatever, to you, too!   :-*

sorefinger

I was going to post this yesterday already, but thought better of the idea, out of respect for Art. Now, however, I see that I was wrong in having any respect for Art at all.

Here goes:

This is just my personal speculation, all based on what I know about Art, or what he has written, or what he has said on air.

Art's repeated on-air, no-show behavior, ever since Midnight in the Desert premiered in July of this year, is eerily reminiscent of his personal issues 8 or 10 years ago.  I clearly remember the events of those days, especially after a friend of mine called and wanted to know what was going on with Art Bell, making him so flaky and irrational, which she and I discussed at lenght on many occasions.

My take was that I believed Art was an extreme codependent, whose behavior was totally normal so long as there was total harmony between him and the person he was emotionally dependent upon.  But if there was the slightest dissonance between him and his better half, he simply could not function in a normal manner, never mind doing a four-hour show on Coast to Coast. A codependent simply cannot function normally in the absence of total harmony with the person emotionally dependent upon, not unlike an alcoholic is unable to function rationally unless sober.

Now, I don't believe for a minute that there is a BLM shooter.  There may be a BLM shooter in Art's mind, a figment of his imagination, compensation for current codependency issues but, in my opinion, it's just a charade to cover for personal problems he is currently experiencing.

Recall that Art recovered the last time only after aquiring a new better half.  Prior to that era, Art had never missed a show in years, maybe ten or more.  And because his codependency was severe, he wasted no time, after his wife had experied, in finding a new person to satisfy his addicting codependency.

Now, it's not that Art is too sore to make an appearance tonight.  Rather, it's because he hasn't patched things up yet in the codependency department.

Besides, what shooter would return to the scene, over and over, risking not only apprehension but also getting shot?  Obviously, Art hasn't thought through this charade very well, perhaps a function of disability arising when his codependency flares up.

My theory also explains his manic-depresive performance, on air, from one night to the next.  Many times he's up, but just as many times he's down, perhaps as much explained by his own hormonal signature as much by his better-half's.

Also, remember how we never knew for sure if Midnight in the Desert would ever come to fruition, Art announcing one day it was all cancelled, then the next day it was on again?  As much as he blamed Keith, in reality that was his codependency issues surfacing, the way I see it.

And what about his recent, on-air intimation, about quitting MiTD, that his family was being neglected because he was spending too much time on air and having to sleep during the day?  When it comes to codependency, nothing is more important than maintaining the addiction, not unlike an alcoholic's bottle is more important than one's career, friendships, or even family.

Art recently admitted, on air, that he leaned toward the antisocial spectrum, a classic attribute of codependency.

In the absence of restoring total harmony to one's intimate life, codependency issues never end well, in which case, can only be resolved by acquiring a new object of codependency -- or finding a cure for one's addiction in the first place, in which case the sufferer must hit bottom, first.

What does all this mean for the futue of Midnight in the Desert?  Well, Art's performance will continue to be on and off, if not outright cancellation for MiTD, so long as his codependency remains unresolved. For his part, he would be better off if he would just come clean and dispense with the charades.

Finally, if Art kept his personal life private, never mind the lives of his family members, he wouldn't be open to the risk of online critique.  Whatever he puts out there not only stays out there but becomes fair game.

trostol

Quote from: maren on December 11, 2015, 09:03:06 PM
I'm with you, Mild Bill, he was really a part of my life since 1990.  I'll miss him, again.  :-\  And I'm still sad about Firefly! 

like i said elsewhere..i do not have that investment like others do..just since July

Valiant Thor

Quote from: Juicy80 on December 11, 2015, 08:58:32 PM
The man is 70 years old. He just doesnt have the drive to do it anymore. I will give redacted a chance since there is nothing else worth listening to.

Then what were his excuses the times he quit in his 40's, 50's and 60's ?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: munbeam666 on December 11, 2015, 08:45:52 PM
Re: Art Bell

Arts predicament is just another chapter of the fact that too many crazy people have access to guns in this country. There should be a stricter check nationally on all gun purchases, plus a complete ban on assault weapons. This incident shows how just one nut case can spoil a wonderful scene for everyone, and put Art and his family  in danger.
BTW, my boyfriend is a gun owner, and he agrees with what I'm saying

Bullshit.  Absolute bullshit.

maren

Quote from: Just Me on December 11, 2015, 09:01:24 PM
How unfortunate for you, it went right over your head.

Yeah, apparently.  I'll get over it, and just stop reading your posts so I don't HUMILIATE myself again!  I'm so embarrassed. 

albrecht

Quote from: indigoo on December 11, 2015, 08:59:28 PM
I just find this crazy, all of it. Setting up LLCs and business partnerships and 6 months later ending it all?

I feel for the guy, and I enjoyed his time back but I will say many of the guests just didn't do it for me. It didn't capture me quite the same way. I'm glad I have my full archives though.

Never could get into Hoagie's show. The few shows I really liked had content that didn't seem typical for him.
Yah, I feel for Keith and others behind the scenes trying to sell ads, convince radio stations to pick up an internet show, set up the billing, even maybe left jobs to work? I don't know. But this kind of things happen all the time; most start-ups fail. Still sucks though.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Mister Coincidence on December 11, 2015, 08:48:19 PM
I only got called a name but you lost money so.......

I didn't lose any money.  I paid for a service while it lasted.  I've paid for what I've already enjoyed, and now that it's over I cancel my subscription.  No harm, no foul.

I've got a message for you as well.  Fuck off.  Same message I gave the guy who brought up Ramona.  You two scum should start your own wanker club.

maren

Quote from: trostol on December 11, 2015, 09:03:50 PM
like i said elsewhere..i do not have that investment like others do..just since July

Well I'm happy you were able to experience Art pretty much at the top of his game -- he was enjoying it so much, and that translated to the audience, IMO. 

Robert

Quote from: OldTimeRadio on December 11, 2015, 08:23:49 PMI believe there really was someone harassing Art.  I do.  But I also believe that for a few thousand dollars, certainly under 4-5, he could have an intense, over-the-top automated security perimeter around his home, and one which alerted for humans and not the odd jackrabbit.
That would protect him from sniping at a distance?  I don't see how he could do it unless he acquired the lots around him.  Then "51" wouldn't just be part of the show's Skype handle, he'd have an actual guarded perimeter like that of Area 51.

Quote from: maren on December 11, 2015, 08:34:19 PM
My vote is for Mr. Coincidence.  Hard to be a bigger loser than that.

Taking your anger towards Art out on me is not very nice.  I was just reiterating what I said a couple years ago.

Juicy80

Quote from: Valiant Thor on December 11, 2015, 09:03:58 PM
Then what were his excuses the times he quit in his 40's, 50's and 60's ?
Ask him. Stop being a whiny bitch and deal with reality

sherry440

[I just find this crazy, all of it. Setting up LLCs and business partnerships and 6 months later ending it all?
] Yup, and since we've been here before, I can't say I'm surprised. I did hope for better, though. Agreeing with you all: rent a cop, sophisticated security system & cameras, broadcast from a secure site elsewhere...so many things to try. Bottom line, he just wanted to prove he could be successful again, but doesn't really want to work again. He will be off to Manilla in a heartbeat. Airyn's probably been nagging about that for years...

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: sorefinger on December 11, 2015, 09:03:43 PM
<snip>

My take was that I believed Art was an extreme codependent, whose behavior was totally normal so long as there was total harmony between him and the person he was emotionally dependent upon.  But if there was the slightest dissonance between him and his better half, he simply could not function in a normal manner, never mind doing a four-hour show on Coast to Coast. A codependent simply cannot function normally in the absence of total harmony with the person emotionally dependent upon, not unlike an alcoholic is unable to function rationally unless sober.

<snip>

Thanks for clearing this up.

Mild Bill

Quote from: maren on December 11, 2015, 09:03:06 PM

Bless your heart, Maren :)  I've binge watched Firefly several times...I'm very fond of it and ponder what could have been.

Merry Christmas to you, too!

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Mister Coincidence on December 11, 2015, 09:09:29 PM
Taking your anger towards Art out on me is not very nice.  I was just reiterating what I said a couple years ago.

Actually, what you're doing is coming here right at the moment Art shows a sign of weakness because you have an agenda.  You're being passive-aggressive and you lack the self awareness (and probably intelligence) to even know how stupid and childish your behavior is.  I wouldn't be surprised if your next post involves the phrase "nanny nanny poo poo".

Valiant Thor

Talking about poor Keith and Heather, how about that poor advertising guy Peter Eberhardt freezing his ass off in Alaska? Now he'll have to move into a igloo with a fat hairy Eskimo woman!

maren

Quote from: Mister Coincidence on December 11, 2015, 09:09:29 PM

In much the way a nine year old bully would.  I'm not taking out my anger on you -- not even sure I'm angry.  I just don't understand people who seem to experience such glee at seeing others lose something that means a lot to them, while crowing about how smart they were for not following that same path.   That doesn't sound like a loser to you?