• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151204 - Art Bell Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 04, 2015, 04:13:10 PM

trostol

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 12:58:31 AM
Well. their exact words were, "State your American citizenship."...

Dude next time just say "Earthman".

Zenman

Quote from: Donald Noory on December 05, 2015, 12:58:14 AM
Yeah it was great, then he swallowed a sword and walked on hot coals.

Cool. Now that's entertainment.  ;D

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on December 05, 2015, 12:59:47 AM
Cool. Now that's entertainment.  ;D

Would rather hear the Flat Earth debate guy eat a whole lamp.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on December 05, 2015, 12:58:50 AM
i know its more young adult geared but always meant to read the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series

YA isn't my thing, but I've seen some of that stuff. Rick Riordan is a good writer.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 05, 2015, 12:56:25 AM
It's an amazing mythology that would serve someone well if they based a novel series on the in-depth mythology itself. Get in and really research the stories.

Yeah, that is exactly what I would like to see.  Simmons work is fine.  I actually prefer his horror novels though.  Lately his books have turned into bookstops and I have a hard time getting through them.  I love Summer Of Night though and Song Of Kali.

Quote from: zeebo on December 05, 2015, 12:59:24 AM
Dude next time just say "Earthman".

Then they will tell me to pull over and give me hell for being a smartass.  No thanks, zeebo.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 01:01:32 AM
Yeah, that is exactly what I would like to see.  Simmons work is fine.  I actually prefer his horror novels though.  Lately his books have turned in bookstops and I have a hard time getting through them.  I love Summer Of Night though and Song Of Kali.

Simmons needs to get back to the sci fi imo.

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 01:01:32 AM
Yeah, that is exactly what I would like to see.  Simmons work is fine.  I actually prefer his horror novels though.  Lately his books have turned in bookstops and I have a hard time getting through them.  I love Summer Of Night though and Song Of Kali.

I've been meaning to check out his horror but I'm kind of a wuss.  And yeah those latest ones are big tomes, although some people swear by the ill-fated expedition one.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 05, 2015, 01:01:03 AM
YA isn't my thing, but I've seen some of that stuff. Rick Riordan is a good writer.

me either..though i admit it..i did enjoy the HP books

The Gemenids are falling. Just saw two of them SouthEastern to Southern sky at about 70 degrees off the horizon.

zeebo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 05, 2015, 01:03:24 AM
Simmons needs to get back to the sci fi imo.

I suspect he went back and looked at Hyperion and it's sequel and said omg, how the hell could I ever write that again?  ;)

Mild Bill

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 12:40:39 AM
He was speaking metaphorically.  He actually never picked up a sword.  He did want to shake things up, no doubt there, but not in the way one might think.

From the Gospel of Luke, chapter 22, verses 36: "He said to them, 'But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one."

No metaphor there. When the cohort came to arrest him, a disciple drew his sword and cut off the ear of a slave. Was that a metaphorical sword and a metaphorical ear?

For a peaceful man he sure talks about swords. Why does he have armed bodyguards?

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 01:03:17 AM
Then they will tell me to pull over and give me hell for being a smartass.  No thanks, zeebo.

Those damn border guards, kinda lacking in the 'vision' dept.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on December 05, 2015, 01:04:15 AM
me either..though i admit it..i did enjoy the HP books

Guilty pleasure. I like HP too.

Quote from: zeebo on December 05, 2015, 01:03:42 AM
I've been meaning to check out his horror but I'm kind of a wuss.  And yeah those latest ones are big tomes, although some people swear by the ill-fated expedition one.

The one to the Arctic that was based on a true story that also inspired the original version of The Thing From Another World?  I read 2/3 of it and grew bored.  Something came up and I never finished it. It was simply too long.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 05, 2015, 01:06:07 AM

so strange too..cause i refused to read them like the first year i was working at the bookstore lol then i caved lol

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on December 05, 2015, 01:04:22 AM
I suspect he went back and looked at Hyperion and it's sequel and said omg, how the hell could I ever write that again?  ;)

Yeah, those were just amazing.

zeebo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 05, 2015, 01:06:07 AM

I stalled midway thru book 4 ... but enjoyed up till then.  Guess I should watch the flicks and see what happens to everybody.

DebbieDowner

Quote from: trostol on December 05, 2015, 01:04:46 AM
which of you stole my bottle opener?
Sorry, borrowed it to open my grape soda. I put it back in the drawer.

henge0stone

Quote from: Mild Bill on December 05, 2015, 01:04:43 AM
From the Gospel of Luke, chapter 22, verses 36: "He said to them, 'But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one."

No metaphor there. When the cohort came to arrest him, a disciple drew his sword and cut off the ear of a slave. Was that a metaphorical sword and a metaphorical ear?

For a peaceful man he sure talks about swords. Why does he have armed bodyguards?

Your comparing this to Mohammad who conquered the whole Middle East? A good military leader to be sure but not a religious man in my opinion.