• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151204 - Art Bell Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 04, 2015, 04:13:10 PM

Sean92008

Nite all  -  Head pounds=me wimpering in my bed asking for that non-existent omnipotent supernatural being to kill all my enemies THEN take me.

Quote from: henge0stone on December 05, 2015, 12:23:22 AM
Art totally missed this callers point. Mohammad was not a good role model at all especially compared to Jesus

It maybe like choosing Charles Manson and John Lennon and saying their 'religions" and should both get protection.

Quote from: Weirdoradio on December 05, 2015, 12:11:04 AM
Anyone else get that weird robo digital break-up?
Yup - I think that happens when the caller loses bandwidth or their connection partially drops. It corrupts the datastream.

Art doesn't get real Christianity.  Jesus Christ never advocated wars or violence.  He practiced peace unless one defiled a place of worship.  His "followers" used violence in the name of God and that was wrong.

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 12:22:51 AM
Definitely ELO in 1975, their prime. The Eagles before they went harder though I like a lot of that stuff too. Wings before Venus And Mars.

Good catch on the Eagles.  Also, Tom Waits live in '75, in some dive somewhere would've been great.

albrecht

Damn, I participated or started this thread derailment, sorry. (But aside from opera etc RJD is the best.) Art going, a bit, Norry in his religious speculations.

trostol

whats amazing is the 3 bigguns all come from the same damn starting point

Zenman

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 05, 2015, 12:15:54 AM
Definite blasphemy. Tull goes on the list as does Yes.

Yes Tull, and yes Yes. Near the top of the list I'd say, along with ELP.

Steely Dan's up there too.

anunnaki

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 12:25:13 AM
Art doesn't get real Christianity.  Jesus Christ never advocated wars or violence.  He practiced peace unless one defiled a place of worship.  His "followers' used violence in the name of God and that was wrong.

And you know this how?

albrecht

Art doesn't get real Christianity.  Jesus Christ never advocated wars or violence.  He practiced peace unless one defiled a place of worship.  His "followers' used violence in the name of God and that was wrong.
Yep.

popple

Can the Canadians stop calling the international line?

Art must be in a good mood tonight to let someone break the rules. How often does he let someone talk after they called the wrong line? This is like the first time I can remember.

henge0stone

This is a good point. All the bullshit people mention from the bible is from the old testament which Jesus was all about reforming. Mohammad's religion was founded on violence, this is a fact but now we can get arrested for saying it.

JamesMcDonald

The problem with saying "Real <name of religion here>" is that none of them are actually "real".  Most of them are nothing but made-up nonsense about some fantasy figure in the sky that you're supposed to pray to (and, oh yeah, don't forget to give money to the folks who run the religion)

SciFiAuthor

I'm not so sure. He was most probably executed for sedition against the Roman Empire and the probable group he was connected up with, the Essenes, i.e. John the Baptist, went out in a blaze of violent glory in a later revolt against the Romans.

Quote from: albrecht on December 05, 2015, 12:26:01 AM
Damn, I participated or started this thread derailment, sorry. (But aside from opera etc RJD is the best.) Art going, a bit, Norry in his religious speculations.

I couldn't agree more.

WOTR

Quote from: popple on December 05, 2015, 12:27:15 AM
How else can we differentiate ourselves from Americans?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: popple on December 05, 2015, 12:27:15 AM

Is Canada now part of the U.S.?

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on December 05, 2015, 12:26:23 AM
Steely Dan's up there too.

Huge fan.  Saw them in the friggin late 90's and they rocked Bodhisattva as their opening tune, perfectly.  They still had their chops.

Wish Art would play some bumpers.

Rocky4228

Really, people?  It's very easy to get through to Art these days.

WOTR

What about MEXICO Art... You never mention Mexico???

1979 US Tour
Nazareth (main)
Thin Lizzy (opening act)

$7.00

ZomZom

Whether your God tells you to feed the poor or slaughter infidels the source of your knowledge is equally invalid.  But the ones who want to slaughter infidels are more of a problem to put it mildly.

trostol

albrecht

Quote from: henge0stone on December 05, 2015, 12:27:48 AM
All the bullshit people mention from the bible is from the old testament which Jesus was all about reforming. Mohammad's religion was founded on violence, this is a fact but now we can get arrested for saying it.
Not sure arrested, for sure an audit. But there are those National Security Letters than one cannot even speak of, or be aware of?  :o