• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151204 - Art Bell Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 04, 2015, 04:13:10 PM

Quote from: Rocky4228 on December 04, 2015, 11:35:04 PM
One could make the argument that The Who were the most talented band in history.

Well, until the drummer died, he was half the show value jumping and spinning all around, the three of them were like a manic band of crazies!

Rocky4228

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 04, 2015, 11:35:50 PM
I have my gf blinking my eyelids for me.
She's doing something else for me...

Sorry, that was such a meaty hanging breaking ball I just had to swing. 

sydtron

Some Velvet  Morning.... yeeeahh... somebodys gotten laid to this song..

trostol

Quote from: QuantumMystics on December 04, 2015, 11:37:47 PM
Well, until the drummer died, he was half the show value jumping and spinning all around, the three of them were like a manic band of crazies!

interesting...Moon and Bonzo both probably the heart and soul of their perspective bands

Rix Gins

Quote from: WildCard on December 04, 2015, 11:37:19 PM
Did you send him a return envelope and maybe a few dollars to help him out? I didn't but I did read those "instructions" he was hocking.

Same method as TM - just keep bouncin up and down until you float. It'll happen. Don't give up.

He wanted $s for smokes.

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 04, 2015, 11:35:36 PM
special how? as in extra appendages special? lol

Bateman and scotts fav type of women? Lol.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Rocky4228 on December 04, 2015, 11:38:01 PM
She's doing something else for me...

Sorry, that was such a meaty hanging breaking ball I just had to swing.

She's very good at that, isn't she . . . .

trostol

hmmmm...Moon and Bonzo also both 32 and both died in Sept

Quote from: trostol on December 04, 2015, 11:39:36 PM
interesting...Moon and Bonzo both probably the heart and soul of their perspective bands

My connection to them, and only one, my stepfather played drums for them as a fill in occasionally.

trostol

Quote from: QuantumMystics on December 04, 2015, 11:41:32 PM
My connection to them, and only one, my stepfather played drums for them as a fill in occasionally.

cool

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 11:37:15 PM
The made Quadrophenia which is probably my all-time fave album, so I'd put them at least in the top five.

The Who Sell Out is my favorite.  Some great songs on it like Miles and Mary Ann With The Shaky Hand.  Damn, all I can think about tonight is sex and my wife's asleep.  Can't wake her up because she's got to be up early. What to do?

Catsmile

What the hell is this guy talking about?
FFS. Finish a thought.

Ms. C

Quote from: QuantumMystics on December 04, 2015, 11:41:32 PM
Nice!  8)

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 04, 2015, 11:42:54 PM
The Who Sell Out is my favorite.  Some great songs on it like Miles and Mary Ann With The Shaky Hand.  Damn, all I can think about tonight is sex and my wife's asleep.  Can't wake her up because she's got to be up early. What to do?

Rocky4228

By most talented I mean:

Roger Daltrey (one of the greatest vocalists in rock history)
Pete Townshend (great guitarist, and revolutionized the concert performance)
John Entwistle (maybe greatest bass guitarist ever)
Keith Moon (revolutionized how the drums are played)

trostol

i guess i gotta listen to more...Rush..to see how good Peart ..since people say he is the best

K_Dubb

Tongue thrust!  I love tongue thrust!  God I hope she says "biscuits".

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 04, 2015, 11:42:54 PM

For now you better skip the Stones, and Zep, and aw pretty much the whole 70's then.   ;D

Sean92008

Was she the lady version of JC???  Opposite in every way:  Gender, belief in strange things...

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: trostol on December 04, 2015, 11:44:58 PM
i guess i gotta listen to more...Rush..to see how good Peart ..since people say he is the best

He's incredible.  But his style is completely different to Keith Moon.  It's a whole different thing.  Keith Moon was a wild man, all over the place.  Peart played clinically, with a much larger set, and he played every intricate hit with super precision, not loosey-goosey.  He admitted in a recent interview he started to play more loosely only in the past decade or so.

But yeah none of you cats have mentioned John Bonham yet.  Uh, he is right up there for rock drummers.  Nooo doubt.

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 11:45:41 PM
For now you better skip the Stones, and Zep, and aw pretty much the whole 70's then.   ;D

Damn, the 80's aren't much easier.  Berlin's "Sex, I'm A....." comes to mind immediately. Prince and The Revolution's "Erotic City".  Nope, this isn't going to be an easy night.